+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after receiving the correspondence letter for biometrics, do you receive an answer?

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
That's good to hear you also got a new visa number and expiry date. I strongly believe if that is the case, the new visa is approved. On your GCkey or IRCC portal (whichever you submitted your application), do you see background check in progress? Mine is still in progress. Maybe that is the thing holding us back from a PPR.

My theory is that it's not one officer doing the whole approval progress from start to finish. Maybe background check is separate. But because the only correspondence letter people get is for biometrics, if an application gets the green light for background check before biometrics, then the applicant gets PPR and correspondence on the same day. If biometrics comes before background check is completed, then we have to wait. I saw someone's timeline where their BG check was completed in Feb, then got BVL and PPR on the same day in march. Just a theory.

Did your background check get approved? Mine is still at reviewing.
yes my background check is in progress and I don't have a flight when I will get my visa then I will have my flight I think we will get PPR request in week

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
yes my background check is in progress and I don't have a flight when I will get my visa then I will have my flight I think we will get the PPR request in a week

SK94

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
Hello

I applied for a visitor visa from the UK in August 2021
It’s been almost 2 years and I got a Biometrics validity correspondence on the 29th of March. Nothing since then.
During the 20 months they took to reply to me, my marital status changed (and I wrote in the application that I am getting married in a few months)
Will they reject my visa because my marital status has changed and my circumstances are different now?

My husband is Canadian and I only wanted to visit his friends and family. I have no intention to move there because I’m already a resident in the UK and work here. Will they still think I want to move there because my husband is a Canadian? (He doesn’t live there though)

Kh2020

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
Hello

I applied for a visitor visa from the UK in August 2021
It’s been almost 2 years and I got a Biometrics validity correspondence on the 29th of March. Nothing since then.
During the 20 months they took to reply to me, my marital status changed (and I wrote in the application that I am getting married in a few months)
Will they reject my visa because my marital status has changed and my circumstances are different now?

My husband is Canadian and I only wanted to visit his friends and family. I have no intention to move there because I’m already a resident in the UK and work here. Will they still think I want to move there because my husband is a Canadian? (He doesn’t live there though)
Both are in same boat. I applied in March 2020 and on 29th March got correspondence letter

bbqman

Mar 15, 2023
I checked my application in tracker they issue visa documents number and expiry date
On your IRCC portal or GCkey, what is your status on Background Check?

I have a new visa number as well. Eligibility and Biometrics Correspondence started on March 22. Background check in progress. I think that once BG check is completed, they will request our passports.

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
I checked my application in the tracker they issue visa documents number and expiry date
I also, check my application on the tracker my visa document is also an issue but the background and eligibility process is not started which means the tracker is outdated it does not tell you accurately also on GCkey my background and eligibility process are started