+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after receiving the correspondence letter for biometrics, do you receive an answer?

SK94

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
I also, check my application on the tracker my visa document is also an issue but the background and eligibility process is not started which means the tracker is outdated it does not tell you accurately also on GCkey my background and eligibility process are started
I have another issue. When I applied in 2021 I had a different passport, a new passport was issued this year with a new passport number.

Will this be an issue? It’s not my fault they took so long to reply. When I applied the processing time was 30 days

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
I have another issue. When I applied in 2021 I had a different passport, a new passport was issued this year with a new passport number.

Will this be an issue? It’s not my fault they took so long to reply. When I applied the processing time was 30 days
I don't know about this

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...

i doubt that.
at the most, attach both old and new passport together(bind properly) then submit.

Reactions: SK94

bbqman

Mar 15, 2023

Yes it will be an issue.

You need to create a webform to inform them of this change. The visa will have a passport number on it. It needs to match. And they won't issue an Visa is your old passport is expired.

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Yes it will be an issue.

You need to create a webform to inform them of this change. The visa will have a passport number on it. It needs to match. And they won't issue an Visa is your old passport is expired.
if I have new passport with the same passport number that is on the old is it okay if I submit new one

bbqman

Mar 15, 2023
Got my PPR.

TRV in Canada - PGWP - GCkey - Upfront medical exam

Applied: March 13
Correspondence stating biometric valid
PPR: March 31

Reactions: gudpples

Kh2020

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
On your IRCC portal or GCkey, what is your status on Background Check?

I have a new visa number as well. Eligibility and Biometrics Correspondence started on March 22. Background check in progress. I think that once BG check is completed, they will request our passports.
On GCKey background check in progress but on tracker showing visa number and expiry date