+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after receiving the correspondence letter for biometrics, do you receive an answer?

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
I discovered something that could be interesting.

I also received correspondence letter on the 22nd of March and no update after.

Do you have access to the "Application Status Tracker"? Sign in to your Application Status Tracker account (cic.gc.ca)

It's another portal where you can track your applications. There, I randomly stumbled upon the tab "Document Status". It displayed a new TRV number with a new expiry date (1 day before my passport expiry date). I verified and this new visa number is not the same as the ones I've had in the past.

I am not 100% sure but I don't recall seeing this before. So I am hoping that this means that a new Visa was approved and generated in the system. But because the government works in steps, they haven't had time to update me that it's approved.
I tracked my application it shows biomatric is in progress and eligibility and background not started but got correspondence letter on 22 march 2023 after two years I think we will get reponse this week or next week

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
I discovered something that could be interesting.

I also received Correspondance letter on the 22nd of March and no update after.

Do you have access to the "Application Status Tracker"? Sign in to your Application Status Tracker account (cic.gc.ca)

It's another portal where you can track your applications. There, I randomly stumbled upon the tab "Document Status". It displayed a new TRV number with a new expiry date (1 day before my passport expiry date). I verified and this new visa number is not the same as the ones i've had in the past.

I am not 100% sure but I don't recall seeing this before. So I am hoping that this means that a new Visa was approved and generated in the system. But because the government works in steps, they havn't had time to update me that it's approved.
can tell me your status on tracker

bbqman

Mar 15, 2023
Mine shows biometrics in progress. Everything else not started. But that doesn't matter because this tracker is not up to date. However, if you go to "Document Status" tab, do you see a new visa information? Here is what I see.

Visitor Visa details
Review what happens after you apply for a visitor visa.

Once we approve you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Visitor Visa. Your document details will be listed below.

Visitor Visa Document number: E7xxxxx77
Expiry date: Feb 19, 2024
Travel document number: B8xxxx00
Issuing country: Vietnam

If you see a new visa number, I'm guessing that they already approved your Visa. And then your case is waiting for the next step which is to request passport submission.

Last edited:

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Do you see a visa number?
no. i did not. however, i saw something that boasted my expectations. i had seen that the last time my documents were touched/updated was in Jan 21st 2023. This was around the same time i sent in a webform inquiry. but on a second thought, i'd agree with you that the website tracker is slightly behind time because according to my GCKEY account status, eligibility and background check has begun. whereas on the tracker website, it says "not started".

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Mine shows biometrics in progress. Everything else not started. But that doesn't matter because this tracker is not up to date. However, if you go to "Document Status" tab, do you see a new visa information? Here is what I see.

Visitor Visa details

Once we approve you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Visitor Visa. Your document details will be listed below.

If you see a new visa number, I'm guessing that they already approved your Visa. And then your case is waiting for the next step which is to request passport submission.
yes I can also see new visa expiry date

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023

Visitor Visa details

[/QUOTE
i got a correspondence letter on 22 march you also got on 22 marc my friend got a correspondence letter on 22 to march its been almost 9 days we didn't get any reply I think we will get a reply next week I hope so fingers crossed

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023

Visitor Visa details

i got a correspondence letter on 22 march you also got on 22 march my friend got a correspondence letter on 22 to march its been almost 9 days we didn't get any reply I think we will get a reply next week I hope so fingers crossed

bbqman

Mar 15, 2023
That's good to hear you also got a new visa number and expiry date. I strongly believe if that is the case, the new visa is approved. On your GCkey or IRCC portal (whichever you submitted your application), do you see background check in progress? Mine is still in progress. Maybe that is the thing holding us back from a PPR.

My theory is that it's not one officer doing the whole approval progress from start to finish. Maybe background check is separate. But because the only correspondence letter people get is for biometrics, if an application gets the green light for background check before biometrics, then the applicant gets PPR and correspondence on the same day. If biometrics comes before background check is completed, then we have to wait. I saw someone's timeline where their BG check was completed in Feb, then got BVL and PPR on the same day in march. Just a theory.

Did your background check get approved? Mine is still at reviewing.

Last edited:

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
That's good to hear you also got a new visa number and expiry date. I strongly believe if that is the case, the new visa is approved. On your GCkey or IRCC portal (whichever you submitted your application), do you see background check in progress? Mine is still in progress. Maybe that is the thing holding us back from a PPR.

My theory is that it's not one officer doing the whole approval progress from start to finish. Maybe background check is separate. But because the only correspondence letter people get is for biometrics, if an application gets the green light for background check before biometrics, then the applicant gets PPR and correspondence on the same day. If biometrics comes before background check is completed, then we have to wait. Just a theory.

Do you have a flight soon? My flight is on May 10th.
yes my background check is in progress and I don't have a flight when I will get my visa then I will have my flight I think we will get PPR request in week

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023

My theory is that it's not one officer doing the whole approval progress from start to finish. Maybe background check is separate. But because the only correspondence letter people get is for biometrics, if an application gets the green light for background check before biometrics, then the applicant gets PPR and correspondence on the same day. If biometrics comes before background check is completed, then we have to wait. Just a theory.

Do you have a flight soon? My flight is on May 10th.
yes my background check is in progress and I don't have a flight when I will get my visa then I will have my flight I think we will get PPR request in week

Trepet

Nov 13, 2020
Hi,
I got a correspondence letter on March 27th 2023
Applied on March 16
Biometrics submitted on March 20th
Some say that you will get passports request the same day you get your correspondence letter.
I am not sure now. How do i check for approval. Or like how long is the process after receiving letter?
Thanks in Advance

bbqman

Mar 15, 2023
Hi,
I got a correspondence letter on March 27th 2023
Applied on March 16
Biometrics submitted on March 20th
Some say that you will get passports request the same day you get your correspondence letter.
I am not sure now. How do i check for approval. Or like how long is the process after receiving letter?
Thanks in Advance
Did your background check complete?

okasha2002

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023

My theory is that it's not one officer doing the whole approval progress from start to finish. Maybe background check is separate. But because the only correspondence letter people get is for biometrics, if an application gets the green light for background check before biometrics, then the applicant gets PPR and correspondence on the same day. If biometrics comes before background check is completed, then we have to wait. I saw someone's timeline where their BG check was completed in Feb, then got BVL and PPR on the same day in march. Just a theory.

Did your background check get approved? Mine is still at reviewing.
my background is in progress also update me when you will get your PPR