+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How is it possible to work on an unknown file ?

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Hi,

I’m wondering. I didn’t get my AOR yet, but I know -through my MP- that IRCC is working on the eligibility of the sponsor and on the criminality.

I’m confused...how can you work as an agent on a file that you don’t know if it’s complete or not. So either it’s complete, then why don’t you send the AOR ? Or, it’s incomplete, then why are you working on it ? Or, you don’t know, then you should first see if the file is complete, before starting the criminality/security/etc.

I’m extremely confused now.

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's frequent that AORs are not sent. It's as much by error or omission as it is anything. If you have confirmation that IRCC is processing your application you can assume that it is complete.

If your MP is just making stuff up, who knows.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

I’m wondering. I didn’t get my AOR yet, but I know -through my MP- that IRCC is working on the eligibility of the sponsor and on the criminality.

I’m confused...how can you work as an agent on a file that you don’t know if it’s completed or not. So either it’s completed, then why don’t you send the AOR ? Or, it’s uncompleted, then why are you working on it ? Or, you don’t know, then you should first see if the file is completed, before starting the criminality/security/etc.

I’m extremely confused now.
Who knows?

At some point you're going to drive yourself crazy if you worry about these things throughout the whole process.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
If your MP is just making stuff up, who knows.
He forwarded a message from IRCC to us.

Who knows?

At some point you're going to drive yourself crazy if you worry about these things throughout the whole process.
You’re right. But I was just wondering, I thought the AOR means (just) « your file is complete ». That’s why I was wondering, if they’re working on my case, they should inform me : Mr. your file is complete that’s why we work on it / No Mr. your file is not complete.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I’m confused...how can you work as an agent on a file that you don’t know if it’s complete or not.
Honestly, you got more info before AOR than anyone I've ever heard. So it's hard to compare.

I don't know how they're approaching but I don't know there's any rule that they can't start certain steps before file complete. Or they've decided to not send AOR until the sponsor's info is complete (eligibility).

Criminality? Don't know if it means much, at early stage that's just running name through databases and partner checks (also electronic) - at least as far as we know.

You could order gcms notes, just not sure it will tell you much; but if you want to piece something together about how they're doing it, that'd be a way to start.

Utility of that might be low, but it is something you can do.

Reactions: Idrissrafd