Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Fawzietrim said:
Hey i have the same question but in my case i attached more than 500 pages of chat and i cant translate it all.. What to do please help
We organized our chat (whatsapp) into years / months using the style headers (heading 1 for year, heading 2 for month) in Word. Then we created a table of contents. We then submitted the table of contents with a sample page - one from each month and indicated on the cover page that more was available if requested. You would then only have to translate the sample submitted and if they requested more, then translate more.

CIC does not like to receive hundred's of pages of chat history...you need to demonstrate regular ongoing communication and by having a table of contents that shows the page numbers increasing (i.e. 1, 16, 29, 42, etc) for each month you are demonstrating that there is significant chat history.

Suggest doing this will other aspects as well...photos, emails, etc. Keep the application tight.

C.

Ema2000

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016 send
Doc's Request.
17-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 upfront
LANDED..........
11-06-2016 flagpole
I will send the original Birth certificate ..do I have to notarize it????

Is it okay to send file folders to organize everything?

should I write on each envelope both names and my (the applicant) UCI number?

can I write N/A with a pencil on the checklist? or computer ???

We have to put the Barcode Page on the top ... do they mean just the one page? I would put one on the top but also on the form itself? ... in the order of the checklist! can I?

thanks!

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Ema2000 said:
I will send the original Birth certificate ..do I have to notarize it????
You asked this question in another thread, and I answered it.

Ema2000 said:
Is it okay to send file folders to organize everything?
It's not illegal, of course. But I paper-clipped each individual document, and then alligator-clipped all the documents into one application. I did this for the PR application and the sponsorship application. I wouldn't put each document inside an envelope or folder. And avoid staples at all costs.

Ema2000 said:
should I write on each envelope both names and my (the applicant) UCI number?
I put each application in its own envelope, and wrote the name and application type on the envelope.

Ema2000 said:
can I write N/A with a pencil on the checklist? or computer ???
If the document listed isn't required for your application, I would just leave the checkbox blank.

Ema2000 said:
We have to put the Barcode Page on the top ... do they mean just the one page? I would put one on the top but also on the form itself? ... in the order of the checklist! can I?
I'm not sure what you mean. The Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008) and the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) sponsorship application must be validated before printing. The validation process will produce pages with barcodes. Place these barcode pages as the first pages of these documents.

thanks!

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
I placed the barcode page last since CIC placed it last too and it printed out that order. That's incorrect because I forgot that they stated somewhere to place it on top. But when you have so much rules it's easy to forget some.

For each proof I provided a brief bullet point cover page showing just the date to and from for each type of proof.

For example

September 2014-June 2016 Skype
August 2014-July 2015 Rogers

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Mightytonewheel said:
If the document listed isn't required for your application, I would just leave the checkbox blank.
I don't recommend this. A friend of mine (and others) had her application returned because she left the check box for the form "use of a representative" blank and they returned the entire application to her and said it was because nothing was indicated. I would write "Not applicable" for those that are not applicable.

C.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
blackeyes28 said:
thank you to the person who started this thread. I literally followed every detail of her post, though our application package was not as thick as it was supposed to be, we got Decision Made and Passport Request after a little over 8 months. My husband and I went into "work mode" for 3 months to prepare our application and it was well worth it. Again, thank you so much to everyone and for those who are still waiting for their results, I hope you guys will get yours soon. God bless! :)

canadianbears said:
Thanks to the OP. Your guide was a great help to us. We just submitted on the 12th. :)
canesmemoire said:
Nice one KABAYAN for sharing this very informative ways on how to be organized on your application. It gives me ideas on how to do make my application easy. :)

You are all welcome! it feels nice to come back to this thread and see that it is still helping out new applicants.
This was exactly what I intended when I made this post many years ago.
Good luck everyone!
;D ;D ;D

denokarter

Mar 11, 2015
quick question regarding the term " sponsored spouse" , are you trying to simply say " principle applicant "

Envelope 1- Sponsor forms and supporting documents
Envelope 2- Sponsored person's forms and supporting documents

Shouldn't envelope one read " sponsor forms ..ect " and then envelope 2 read " Principal applicant " ...

cheers

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
denokarter said:
quick question regarding the term " sponsored spouse" , are you trying to simply say " principle applicant "

Envelope 1- Sponsor forms and supporting documents
Envelope 2- Sponsored person's forms and supporting documents

Shouldn't envelope one read " sponsor forms ..ect " and then envelope 2 read " Principal applicant " ...

cheers
sponsored spouse and principal applicant are the same....

Our package consisted of 3 parts - 1) sponsor 2) principal applicant (or sponsored spouse) 3) relationship evidence

We kept the call logs / photos / etc relatively short - only 50 pages of digital photos, 2 per page with descriptions of each (date, place, who, what). For our whatsapp history, it was 800 pages in raw data form...so I created headers of month / year and created a table to contents. I included the TOC (which showed the total pages and extent of the info) and then about 10 - 15 pages from the 800 pages...and on each set of documents I wrote, "More available upon request". I think the applications are processed more quickly if they are not so thick (this is what a former immigration officer told us) but it is up to each individual to feel comfortable with what they are submitting.

Take care,

C.

MKayes

Jan 14, 2015
Dear Seniors and Experts,

I am going to apply for my Spousal Sponsorship Application - Outland by 1st week of May.

I need some advise on the below mentioned point. Appreciate if some one cans help.

In the Sponsor Questionnaire form (for both, the sponsor and the principal application) I saw a boxed instructions quoting -

" On A Separate Sheet of Paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship
that you believe would help to prove your relationship as genuine and continuing"

My question is -

i) What CIC is expecting from this additional sheet? What should be the basic content of the additional sheet?

Expecting a good help !
Kayes

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
MKayes said:

I am going to apply for my Spousal Sponsorship Application - Outland by 1st week of May.

I need some advise on the below mentioned point. Appreciate if some one cans help.

In the Sponsor Questionnaire form (for both, the sponsor and the principal application) I saw a boxed instructions quoting -

" On A Separate Sheet of Paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship
that you believe would help to prove your relationship as genuine and continuing"

My question is -

i) What CIC is expecting from this additional sheet? What should be the basic content of the additional sheet?

Expecting a good help !
Kayes
Hey MKayes,
On the "SPONSORED SPOUSE/PARTNER QUESTIONNAIRE" separate sheet of papers should be all extended answers and/or proof for all questions. Write down the question and answer underneath it. Hope my response helps you out! Best of luck!

Cal978

Apr 11, 2016
MKayes said:

My question is -

Expecting a good help !
Kayes
This could be any extended explanations to support your answers from the form, additional sheets can be photos, phone records, email exchanges between you and your partner/spouse, travel tickets and hotel receipts, letters from people who know that your relationship is genuine and continuing. Any documentary evidence that would help support the fact that you and your partner/spouse are in a real genuine and continuing relationship.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
Following this thread. I'll back read later! Kudos to the original poster!

r2rlanes

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
Doc's Request.
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
20-09-2016 AOR2 ..........: 20-10-2016
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront | Passed
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
23-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-04-2017
This room so informative. Can anyone please help me with the Statutory Declaration format? Is it ok to use same for all the proof? I need help as my case is a bit different as my partner and I are applying for Conjugal Partnership. Thank you!:)

lankyprince

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/08/2016
AOR Received.
27/09/2016
File Transfer...
28/10/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
I am so grateful for this thread,it has been a huge help to me as am putting my application together for next month. I would love if someone help me explain------(1) the additional Dependant form, what do they mean by that form, because I (applicant) have no kids but my sponsor has a child, so am confused if the form is applicable to me. (2)Also statutory declaration of common -law union form, is it for those in common -law union only? hope I don't sound stupid. Thank you for info would be greatly appreciated.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
lankyprince said:
I am so grateful for this thread,it has been a huge help to me as am putting my application together for next month. I would love if someone help me explain------(1) the additional Dependant form, what do they mean by that form, because I (applicant) have no kids but my sponsor has a child, so am confused if the form is applicable to me. (2)Also statutory declaration of common -law union form, is it for those in common -law union only? hope I don't sound stupid. Thank you for info would be greatly appreciated.
You don't need either of those forms since you don't have kids and you aren't common-law. The additional dependents form is if there isn't enough room on the main form that you list dependents.

In the sponsor's documents, IMM5540E has a question that asks if the sponsor has kids. That's where you would declare the sponsor's child.