Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
We showed those documents in a few places. Example.. when I went to visit him on the ship, I showed my flight ticket and a copy of his employment showing he was there, as well as pictures.

Though depending on which departments you worked in... it may not have been likely for you to have had many pictures together... or time off in port. We had a few classy crew bar moments.

Under the section.. have you lived anywhere for over 6 months.. there was also a copy of his employment history.

We also put both of our contracts together in the Supporting documents...

Photocopy everything a few times and put it in multiple locations!

The nature of these relationships are that they are long distance. Most of us have not been with our spouse the whole time. So don't fret about that. Just show that you did communicate that time.. if you can...Skype ... any saved phone cards? and if you cant... write a letter telling them.. working on a ship is really difficult to communicate.., different schedule every day... no set breaks, and in a different timezone every day. It is hard to keep in contact!!!! not to mention satellite phone cards are $$$$

Hope that helps!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
myke said:
Ms. PELIPELI, i have a question. me and my wife were already started compiling documents, filling up forms, etc. Were hoping to pass it by December.

Anyways about my question, development of relationship, when do i need to stop answering it? After our marriage or should i continue up to date to our current relationship? Since our relationship started onboard a ship, then we got separated after our contract and then she spent 2 months vacation here in the Philippines and at the same time we got married. Now she's back in Canada... :(

Hoping for your kind reply to my concern, also if other forumers want to help, Ill be so grateful. Thanks.
Hello there, sorry for the late reply.

You can stop the dev't of rel'p up to the moment you are writing it down =) you can also do this in the "essay" if you want.
You can discuss how you "fell" for each other after you met, how you became friends, how you became closer than friends, how you became gf/bf, what activities did you do together, did you speak to each other over the phone until late at night, did you meet after your shift in the ship and have dinner or something... these are a few examples =) then you can continue on to how you became closer when you met each others families, talked about the wedding, then you can just write in the end how you maintain your rel'p now that she is back in Canada =)

Hope this helps =)

myke

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012 , recieved based on tracking 28-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
thanks po sa mga reply

question pa po ang middle name po ba ay considered as given name?

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
myke said:
thanks po sa mga reply

question pa po ang middle name po ba ay considered as given name?
Sa case namin, nung naging PR ako, sinali ng dad ko ung middle name ko as part of my given name. So ganun na din ginawa ko kay hubby. Wala naman naging problema =)

myke

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012 , recieved based on tracking 28-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
ask ko lang po, during the duration of the application pede pa rin bang magbakasyon ang misis ko which is the sponsor papunta d2 sa pinas. wala po bang kaso yun? at anu anu bang mail ang matatanggap ng sponsor compare to the principal applicant? worried kasi kami na kapag nagbakasyun cia ulit eh may mamiss, or baka bawal on the 1st place ang umalis sa canada habang in process ang application...

Kishie

Jun 22, 2012
Hi Pelipeli,

First of all I would like to thank you for guiding us on how to organise the application and for the helpful tips.

I have some questions in regards to what did you add in the second envelope (Sponsored spouse form and supporting documents)

1. Did you attached the photos of your wedding ceremony, reception and development of relationship with the Sponsored spouse form along with the supporting documents?

2. If you have already attached the photos of your wedding ceremony, reception and development of relationship with the Sponsored spouse form along with the supporting documents then how is (ENVELOPE 2: Sponsored spouse form and supporting documents - 96 pages) different from (ENVELOPE 3: Proof of relationship- 313 pages which has Photo as sub section)

Please help me as I am confused in which envelope I need to attached the photos of our wedding ceremony, reception and development of relationship. Is it the (ENVELOPE 2: Sponsored spouse form and supporting documents) or (ENVELOPE 3: Proof of relationship under Photo sub section)

Thanks in advance for your help

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
HI Kishie,

I just sent my application off using some of the hints from Pelipeli.. but ultimately it comes down to your preference. For me I put all my photos in the third envelope (Proof of Relationship) and then referenced the photos on the forms. I had used page numbers for the photos and would say something like. Wedding photos found on photos page X. To me it kept me organized!

And also thank you Pelipeli.. you definitely helped me get started with your tips and ideas.

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
Ms Malawi said:
HI Kishie,

I just sent my application off using some of the hints from Pelipeli.. but ultimately it comes down to your preference. For me I put all my photos in the third envelope (Proof of Relationship) and then referenced the photos on the forms. I had used page numbers for the photos and would say something like. Wedding photos found on photos page X. To me it kept me organized!

And also thank you Pelipeli.. you definitely helped me get started with your tips and ideas.
just the answer i was looking for. i was just going to post that i wanted to put all proof in 1 envelope and then reference it. i think i'll go that route.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
princesultan said:
just the answer i was looking for. i was just going to post that i wanted to put all proof in 1 envelope and then reference it. i think i'll go that route.
That's exactly what I did. I had 1. Sponsor Forms (including all the forms for sponsoring, sponsor birth certificate, Option C, letter of support from my parents, a letter from my ex employer stating time worked there and salary, and that's pretty much it). 2. Applicant Forms (including all applicant forms, birth certificate, id card, marriage certificate, police certificate, and all that kind of jazz), 3. Proof of Relationship (including photos, communication logs, rent receipts for 3 years of apartment rentals, letters of support of relationship from friends/family, copies of passports showing stamps entered and the one time my husband got a TRV to come with me to Canada, sample of msn conversations from the first 1.5 years of our relationship before I moved to his country, copies of the receipts from our wedding, honeymoon hotel receipt, etc).

We have just had the passport request and my ecas just chagned to say In Process, and the day they opened our application at the VO (Nov. 26th) is the day they approved and request his passport.

I referenced things the same way: In all my husband's forms (the applicant) particularily the question about the Development of Relationship, I made reference back to our numbered photos (including the page # and the photo #s). It was all very organzed and I believe made the VOs work very easy. Everything was printed 2-3 photos per page with captions. If you do it this way, when they're reading the forms, they can just have the photos opened to that page and won't have to take much time to read the captions because they already know what the photos are referring to from your development of relationship!

We made a final relationship "essay" as well, but since our development of relationship included everything from start to finish, we just made a short 1 page essay (each) about our feelings for each other and some special moments about these feelings.

If you organize it this way it will make the visa officer's life easier, but also yours because you'll know exactly where everything is!

Make little tables of contents for each section also to make it easier on them so they know exactly where in each section each item is.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Here is the way we did it, and there were zero problems with our application. Basically we included a table of contents for all attachments, that was at the beginning of our application package. We then just put 16 little numbered sticky notes on the front of each set of attachments, that corresponded to numbers 1 - 16 in our "List of Attachments" table. So it was very easy to match all the attachments to each section it was needed for, and for the VO to see if there was any documents actually missing, or if they just didn't notice it in the package (when you have a hundred pages or so, I imagine it's easy to misplace a page!).

Our specific list was shown as follows:

List of Attachments

Please find the following attachments that accompany this PR application, numbered and referenced to this list:

Attachments for XXXX (Sponsor)
1. Photocopy of Canadian Passport and Canadian Birth Certificate (1 page)
2. “Option C Printout” for XXXX's 2011 tax year income information (2 pages)
3. Letter from employer showing proof of job, income and time at company (1 page)
Attachments for YYYY (Applicant)
4. Photocopy of Passport, current Canadian Student entry Visa (expires Jan 31, 2013), and National ID card (3 pages)
5. Original Certificate of Family Relations plus certified translation to English (3 pages)
6. Original Certificate of Individual Identification plus certified translation to English (3 pages)
7. Original Police Criminal and Investigation Record plus certified translation to English (3 pages)
8. Original Household Register (already presented in English) (1 page)
9. Form 1017 – Medical Report plus proof of full medical exams (3 pages)
Attachments for Proof of Common-Law relationship
10. Copy of Benefits plan from XXXX's employer, showing YYYY as common-law spouse, dependant for health benefits, and 100% primary beneficiary for life insurance (7 pages)
11. Copy of Joint Credit Card account shared by XXXX and YYYY (1 page)
12. Copy of mail from Revenue Canada and Mobile Phone company, showing YYYY shares same address with XXXX (2 pages)
13. Copy of upcoming airplane tickets for XXXX and YYYY visiting South Korea for 3 weeks (2 pages)
14. Letter from ZZZZ (XXXX's mother) as character witness to our common-law relationship (1 page)
15. Photographs documenting events, meeting friends/family and travel during XXXX and YYYY's relationship (11 pages)
Also:
16. 9 x PR photographs of YYYY

Paulo T

Oct 29, 2011
Hello! Hello ALL!!!!

Before i continue, big thanks to PeliPeli for post, helping alot ppl also starting this adventure.
So im Paulo, 34 years, and im from Portugal and in PT at the moment, my wife is from canada, and she is in canada, we meet 5 years ago, but in only in relationship for one year and half, we got married 18 May this year, and i live with her 6 month till september, then back to PT since visa time ended, and now we starting getting everything organized and hope send in January, have a few questions bout all this mess...so all help is apreciated :)

1-Proof Relationship: I have msn,facebook,and phone chat from last 2 years in files, just the phone chat is 500 pages...do i have to print all, or can i send pictures,chats,etc etc etc in a DVD or memory pen drive, with everything explained and organized, also included there weading pics.

2-Medical Exam: I know where is in Lisbon the proper medic to go that CIC advices, but can i go even before all form printed and not having yet a process number?

3- Just to be shure, im going send all to my wife in Guelph/Ontario, so she can put some proofs inside etc, and she sends all to this one right?
Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

4-Im really nervous doing this since i dont want miss some info in forms and be refused, do they email,phone or something in a info is missing or is jusr refused right away?

5-Well with time im guessing ill have alot questions to do to you all as i go filling everything, if anyone from Portugal and still here just mail me :)

Thanks to all help :)

Regards
Paulo

Kishie

Jun 22, 2012
Paulo T said:
Hello! Hello ALL!!!!

Before i continue, big thanks to PeliPeli for post, helping alot ppl also starting this adventure.
So im Paulo, 34 years, and im from Portugal and in PT at the moment, my wife is from canada, and she is in canada, we meet 5 years ago, but in only in relationship for one year and half, we got married 18 May this year, and i live with her 6 month till september, then back to PT since visa time ended, and now we starting getting everything organized and hope send in January, have a few questions bout all this mess...so all help is apreciated :)

1-Proof Relationship: I have msn,facebook,and phone chat from last 2 years in files, just the phone chat is 500 pages...do i have to print all, or can i send pictures,chats,etc etc etc in a DVD or memory pen drive, with everything explained and organized, also included there weading pics.

2-Medical Exam: I know where is in Lisbon the proper medic to go that CIC advices, but can i go even before all form printed and not having yet a process number?

3- Just to be shure, im going send all to my wife in Guelph/Ontario, so she can put some proofs inside etc, and she sends all to this one right?
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

4-Im really nervous doing this since i dont want miss some info in forms and be refused, do they email,phone or something in a info is missing or is jusr refused right away?

5-Well with time im guessing ill have alot questions to do to you all as i go filling everything, if anyone from Portugal and still here just mail me :)

Thanks to all help :)

Regards
Paulo
Hi Paulo

First of all congratulations on your marriage

Now regarding your queries:

No. You are not allowed to submit documents containing mechanical or electronic devices such as musical greeting cards nor containers/storage components for pictures such as binders, albums, frames, video discs (DVD) or video cassettes. You can selected some from the group of emails, photos, chat which will show how you met and how things happened till date (including marriage)

It is advisable to do your medicals few days before you sent your application to your sponsor. As the validity of the medical is only one year.

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

Yes

Please provide all supporting documents asked in the respective form and sign the form (where ever asked) to avoid delay in processing your application. If any more evidence is required they will inform you by letter or email

I would request you to refer this below link which will give you an idea about spousal sponsorship

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

I hope the above information helps

Kishie

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
lived in canada since april 2010, LANDED 28/07/2013
This is excellent! Thank you so much for this post! i was desperately trying to figure out how to present my application. Thankyou

ZebraJCH

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Hey guys.

I have here with me a nice essay that I am very proud of.

I also have here with me 'answers' to the questions asked, such as describing my marriage ceremony as well as some other various outings as requested.

Here is the problem. The form wants the outings and the marriage ceremony. That is kind of stuff that I think should go in the huge essay I had written, but if I just shove all of that in the essay, it may be difficult to find and relate to the form's questions and the last thing I need is the visa officer having problems referencing answers to the questions.

So that's the thing, I have these answers to the questions stating outings and the marriage event, yet I want to put that stuff in the essay also. What do? Do I write about it in both, or just leave it as the little answers for the form? Or do I make the essay the answers for the form in its entirety? And where would I put the essay? Help me! My sanity! Aaaahhhhhh

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
ZebraJCH said:
Here is the problem. The form wants the outings and the marriage ceremony. That is kind of stuff that I think should go in the huge essay I had written, but if I just shove all of that in the essay, it may be difficult to find and relate to the form's questions and the last thing I need is the visa officer having problems referencing answers to the questions.

So that's the thing, I have these answers to the questions stating outings and the marriage event, yet I want to put that stuff in the essay also. What do? Do I write about it in both, or just leave it as the little answers for the form? Or do I make the essay the answers for the form in its entirety? And where would I put the essay? Help me! My sanity! Aaaahhhhhh
Hi ZebraJCH,

I think it does come down to your choice. I would recommend choosing a route that is easy for the VO to follow. THe less confusion the better! You can always reference as in see page x for additional information about y. But I would ensure that you have some information on the forums - equals a complete application!

What I did was answer all the forum questions and used extra sheets to get all the information and then added my essay as the additional information to prove the genuiness of our relationship. You can add that for both the sponsor and the applicant. My husband and I both wrote an essay about us, how we feel, emotions, key moments, how we cope being apart, all of it and added as the last addition to our questionaires.

Good Luck!