+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How We Compiled Our Spousal Sponsorship Application - 2018

Judith28

Nov 12, 2019
Hi Ruan,

In regards to declaring all my family members in my OUTLAND SPOUSE application, do you have any idea if they need to do the medical exam even they are not coming with me to CANADA? Also about the police clearance, I worked in UAE for 7 years and now I am back to Philippines for more than 1 year now.Should I get also police clearance from UAE? or Police Certificate issued by my home country is enough since I am already here for more than a year.

I am having headache from this,I am afraid to make mistake about this documents.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi Ruan,

In regards to declaring all my family members in my OUTLAND SPOUSE application, do you have any idea if they need to do the medical exam even they are not coming with me to CANADA? Also about the police clearance, I worked in UAE for 7 years and now I am back to Philippines for more than 1 year now.Should I get also police clearance from UAE? or Police Certificate issued by my home country is enough since I am already here for more than a year.

I am having headache from this,I am afraid to make mistake about this documents.

Thank you in advance for your response.
Only family members who are dependents in your application will do the medicals (including accompanying dependents)

PCCs required are from the country your country live in (if more than 6 months), and the country you've lived most of your life since age 18. Depending on how old you are and how long you have lived in your country/other countries v/s the UAE, the 7 years you lived in the UAE could fall under 'the country you've lived most of your life since age 18' and hence you might need to submit the PCC. If not but it's not a hassle to get one, just get one and submit it or have it ready in case they ask (because they sometimes do)

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Wow, thx for sharing what you did. It is very useful. :)
Hi, you are most welcome. Some might say that I did too much or that I unnecessarily sent in too much information, but the fact that my case took 3 months to process while others at the same visa office waited 6 months and longer tells me that it pays off to put in the effort. I have been here for almost a year now, glad to see that the post is still helpful to others. You can make the application less detailed, but mine was organized well so the officer did not waste time flipping through everything. Make sure you have a table of contents with page numbers so the officer can easily get to what he/she wants. After that, its up to the officer to decide how much he/she wants to read.

Reactions: Gelato

Gelato

Jun 7, 2014
exactly. As long as one can provide detailed with clear markings, it eases the officers and they can get what they want. If insufficient info is given, the officers will ask you and then you have to submit the info. This causes the officers spending extra time to handle a case.

Gelato

Jun 7, 2014
Do you mind sharing with me what information you provided to show your intention to stay in Canada? It seems to me that it is a very frustrating part. I saw many posts that they were being rejected. I wondered why coz some of the information they gave was quite similar to what I prepared.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Do you mind sharing with me what information you provided to show your intention to stay in Canada? It seems to me that it is a very frustrating part. I saw many posts that they were being rejected. I wondered why coz some of the information they gave was quite similar to what I prepared.
Go to first page of this very thread, you will see the post

Gelato

Jun 7, 2014
Go to first page of this very thread, you will see the post
I have seen so many threads and forgot I read that on the first page. Thanks. Let me compare the info. on the first page and my information and then try to provide as much as information when applying family sponsorship.

Reactions: Eveslm

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
I have seen so many threads and forgot I read that on the first page. Thanks. Let me compare the info. on the first page and my information and then try to provide as much as information when applying family sponsorship.
Hi, Id be happy to assist you if you have any specific questions. You can PM me. I did provide most of my details on the first page, but if you need more info please do not hesitate to ask.

Reactions: Gelato

guca

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Hi, what was your status when you applied for spousal sponsorship? PR residing outside Canada or Canadian citizen?
Thank you!

Gelato

Jun 7, 2014
Hi, you are most welcome. Some might say that I did too much or that I unnecessarily sent in too much information, but the fact that my case took 3 months to process while others at the same visa office waited 6 months and longer tells me that it pays off to put in the effort. I have been here for almost a year now, glad to see that the post is still helpful to others. You can make the application less detailed, but mine was organized well so the officer did not waste time flipping through everything. Make sure you have a table of contents with page numbers so the officer can easily get to what he/she wants. After that, its up to the officer to decide how much he/she wants to read.
For me, I would rather provide as much information as possible. The information must be organized well too. This will help the officers check and find information they want. It simplifies their workload and shortens the approval time.

I am organizing evidence to prove the relationship with hubby. I do come across a problem how to organize the evidence including pictures, e-mail, FB posts, bank docs ...... etc. . Some docs are served as proof of address and investment.