waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Emily2301 said:
Hi Missmini, thank you so much for the encouragement!! :) I've been buried in papers, haha, but getting close! I have found that most of our proof will go in the common-law pile since with that you prove a) conjugal relationship and b) cohabitation. Then there will be some additional proof for question 9 (development) like copies of receipts and tickets and our pictures (lots of them). This will all go in one folder (proof of relationship) but I might have to make a separate one for proof of communication since I couldn't find really big envelopes, one of these weird problems you don't think could hold you up...
Since the question about the development comes before the common law question, do you think I should arrange the proof in that order or it won't matter as long as everything is listed in the toc and to be found?
About the finances: we simply were a bit dumb ::) and didn't put my name on the bills even though I had thought about it before. We just never did and now it is making me nervous. (And I feel stupid :-[ ) I am added to his credit card though and named as beneficiary in his insurance, and we also have a shared cell phone account (one bill and all the itemized calls to each other). I have decided to address the issue and let them know that we just didn't do the joint bills, but that we now have (we finally did! Yay us.) and that I can send a few bills if requested at a later time. What do you think of that?? One last thing about the essay and table: I will put both with my part of the application since my partner wrote a letter for his. He didn't go into many details of the development but wrote from his heart and about his feelings. It is very sweet! He won't need another recap of our history, right? A letter should be enough? I think the listing of the details and a table is more my style so I will attach it to my development essay in case the IO doesn't want to read 8 pages about our relationship. Since I included some personal stuff in the essay, not crazy mushy but personal and subjective, I think I won't write another essay. I don't want to cut down on my essay and I don't just want to cut and paste out the personal stuff either. I feel like at this point another relationship essay would just be a summary of how great he is and how great we are together. If you guys think I should do it, I will :D Thanks again for all the great advice!!

PS: I just thought of something... If my partner wrote a letter for the sponsor part of the application, do they not look at that as part of my (applicant) part later on? Would they look at it in Mississauga but then only send my part to Berlin and those guys wouldn't see his letter? Which means he would have to write something for my application specifically? Help, I'm confused!
hi Emily, check ur Inbox :)

Emily2301

May 15, 2011
missmini said:
hi Emily, check ur Inbox :)
I will! :) Thanks for switching to private messages, I was thinking the same thing! Sorry everyone for taking up so much space in this thread :-[

mtang

May 8, 2012
Congratulations , your application package is really organize and forsure helped me out for organizing my sponsorship application :D

i have one quick question that i'm really worry rightnow, i'm sponsoring my wife and i just sent my sponsorship application to cic last week and i just found out on IMM 1344 sponsor form the one with the barcode. Question 5 date of birth which im suppose to write down my wife birthday but i wrote my birthday instead by mistake which i didnt know untill i read the sponsor guild.

so im really worry rightnow, will my whole application return back to me or will they just ask me to resend that IMM1344 form with the correct information?

i dont know if it's a good idea to send them a letter for explantion with the renew IMM1344 form asap or should i just wait?

sorry for so many question :)
thanks

kishu

Star Member
May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-May-2012
AOR Received.
11-Jul-2012
File Transfer...
16-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
01-May-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
03-Oct-2012
Hi pelipeli... thanks for taking the efforts to put up everything on the site. This helped me immensely to organize my application. I am sure it helped many other people who visit the site as well. And this forum has helped me get answers to tonnes of questions I had when preparing my application package. This forum rocks !!

I am waiting for my 2011 option C printout (should receive in a couple of days), the last missing piece in the application. And once I have it, off goes my application :)

Outland - New Delhi, India

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
mtang said:
Congratulations , your application package is really organize and forsure helped me out for organizing my sponsorship application :D

i have one quick question that i'm really worry rightnow, i'm sponsoring my wife and i just sent my sponsorship application to cic last week and i just found out on IMM 1344 sponsor form the one with the barcode. Question 5 date of birth which im suppose to write down my wife birthday but i wrote my birthday instead by mistake which i didnt know untill i read the sponsor guild.

so im really worry rightnow, will my whole application return back to me or will they just ask me to resend that IMM1344 form with the correct information?

i dont know if it's a good idea to send them a letter for explantion with the renew IMM1344 form asap or should i just wait?

sorry for so many question :)
thanks
Hi, sorry for the late reply.I would say send in a new form and explain the honest mistake. However. I have an experience with sending in an additional document, I sent in my application January, and I sent an additional doc (for my employment) on March. They returned the additional doc to me saying that they don't have a record of my original package yet so they can't put them together . I think that if you send in a new form, they won't be able to match that to your package which you just sent (so they are not yet processing it, thus no record yet). I suggest , call up CIC first and ask them about it, coz they might ask you to just fax it in , coz it is after all a crucial correction.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kishu said:
Hi pelipeli... thanks for taking the efforts to put up everything on the site. This helped me immensely to organize my application. I am sure it helped many other people who visit the site as well. And this forum has helped me get answers to tonnes of questions I had when preparing my application package. This forum rocks !!

I am waiting for my 2011 option C printout (should receive in a couple of days), the last missing piece in the application. And once I have it, off goes my application :)

Outland - New Delhi, India
Thank you so much. Glad to be of help, and good luck in your application! ;D

kishu

Star Member
May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-May-2012
AOR Received.
11-Jul-2012
File Transfer...
16-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
01-May-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
03-Oct-2012
pelipeli said:
Thank you so much. Glad to be of help, and good luck in your application! ;D
And I just saw that your sponsorship is approved, Congratulations !!!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kishu said:
And I just saw that your sponsorship is approved, Congratulations !!!
yep, May 1. took 97 days, CIC processing times is just crazy now! imagine when we passed our application it was around 48-55 days. Whew,, but anyways I hope it gets better for you guys.. Just glad we are finished with that stage, and now just waiting for PPR =)

gurleegurl

Star Member
Dec 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all,

Quick question.. by "processing times", does the count start once they received the application or once they actually start working on it? :(

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
gurleegurl said:
Hey all,

Quick question.. by "processing times", does the count start once they received the application or once they actually start working on it? :(
From when they recieve the application.

mtang

May 8, 2012
pelipeli said:
Hi, sorry for the late reply.I would say send in a new form and explain the honest mistake. However. I have an experience with sending in an additional document, I sent in my application January, and I sent an additional doc (for my employment) on March. They returned the additional doc to me saying that they don't have a record of my original package yet so they can't put them together . I think that if you send in a new form, they won't be able to match that to your package which you just sent (so they are not yet processing it, thus no record yet). I suggest , call up CIC first and ask them about it, coz they might ask you to just fax it in , coz it is after all a crucial correction.
hi pelipeli, Thanks for the reply, yea some of my friends said the same thing but they suggested me to wait till they open the package and ask me for it since they dont have any record atm :eek:, but yea i will call CIC and see what they want hehe. So in your case, did you fax it or send it in again after they finally opened your package?

Thanks again :)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Hi pelipeli,

Thanks for the thread. We are organizing our pack now (I'm sponsoring my husband, outland) and this thread been a great help for us.

Good luck and a speedy process for all of us :)

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mtang said:
hi pelipeli, Thanks for the reply, yea some of my friends said the same thing but they suggested me to wait till they open the package and ask me for it since they dont have any record atm :eek:, but yea i will call CIC and see what they want hehe. So in your case, did you fax it or send it in again after they finally opened your package?

Thanks again :)
Hi, when I called CIC again to ask if they still need the info to be resent, the agent said they will ask for it if needed , turns out they didnt need it coz I still got sponsorship approval anyway. well mine is not entirely "necessary" info , since its just an employment update, while yours is a very crucial info.