Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Kate CP said:
Thanks! I feel like I am being so stupid about it all, even though I've found so many helpful answers and tips on this forum. i just want to make sure I've covered everything!

Another question...this time about the medical check. We are in London, UK, and my husband is planning on having his medical done early next year. The doctor will send the report directly to CIC, and give my hubs a note to confirm that the check has been done and sent, and we must include this with the application. My question is, if CIC receive the check from the dr before they receive our application, does this matter?

Sorry - long winded question there, but any help appreciated!

:)
No this doesnt matter! CIC will have the medical check on file in their records then when you send the application later on they will see the confirmation receipt of the medical check in the application and they can scan the barcode (thats on the paper) and find his medical check in their system. I asked the doctor this last week! My partner will get his med check tomorrow but we are still waiting on some forms from korea so wont be able to actually send the application until a couple of weeks from now! So same situation as you

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
quick question about notarizing copies of documents...

it never says anything about notarizing documents such as passport or birth certificate copies... should i get those notarized? Would it be better if i did this?

Also, for our rental lease should i get a copy of that notarized?

thank you!

am-ir

Sep 6, 2015
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2015
Doc's Request.
17-02-2016
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
17-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-2015
Interview........
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
I didn't notarized my passport and civil documents, just sent regular copies and got approved.

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
am-ir said:
I didn't notarized my passport and civil documents, just sent regular copies and got approved.
thank you!

Kate CP

Dec 1, 2015
NRSY said:
No this doesnt matter! CIC will have the medical check on file in their records then when you send the application later on they will see the confirmation receipt of the medical check in the application and they can scan the barcode (thats on the paper) and find his medical check in their system. I asked the doctor this last week! My partner will get his med check tomorrow but we are still waiting on some forms from korea so wont be able to actually send the application until a couple of weeks from now! So same situation as you
Thanks so much! Really helpful!

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just going to bump this to the top of the board because it's a really helpful thread

gracy142006

Nov 24, 2011
http://email.change.org/mpss/c/8gA/SCE/t.1tj/Ra93xu4RSOyZZ8cQ6A8wXg/h7/W9oZwjoGX5ulRlet7FB-2BvJiInuxBOFaLlFgz2-2Fqw7xNt52tHEKVrHH3dyXBbCBOv97ImLGrJqfC3VyiP5PgrW-2BCYsLyfLZPG4gm4yKvO0Kt6ySoVLN6dxO-2BQyZGy0zER5I-2FJlj-2FcH4c4dM4iX8MCcCekIbldMRI-2Fp2O3t62WVzuycdYHHKGtCRyOSicl0HvDzXvnbm4qexLCXgtCqRmzd2rUKqlJXJzeCHUa6CZ5T5cJQ5uCSN8kjN6JZZx76q-2FP

please take time to open this link^^

will_loon

Feb 10, 2012
Dear All,

Im working on spousal sponsorship for my wife now. need advice from all the expert. i just landed in canada march,2015 as single and we just register our marriage in November 2015. but in fact we got engage back in december 2014 before i come to canada. my question is, we got engage in December 2014 but i declare im single when i landed in canada March,2015. will this affect my spousal sponsorship that i did not disclose that i actually already engaged?

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
will_loon said:
Dear All,

Im working on spousal sponsorship for my wife now. need advice from all the expert. i just landed in canada march,2015 as single and we just register our marriage in November 2015. but in fact we got engage back in december 2014 before i come to canada. my question is, we got engage in December 2014 but i declare im single when i landed in canada March,2015. will this affect my spousal sponsorship that i did not disclose that i actually already engaged?
I don't think so, since in Canada the general categories usually recognized are Single, Married/Common-Law, and Divorced. Engaged isn't an official status (you don't have to register it anywhere). Someone else please correct me if I'm wrong.

Owl29

Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
will_loon said:
Dear All,

I read before that people who landed as single and didn't declare partners were not able to sponsor them later.
Someone who was in the same situation should give you a better advice, but I know it might be a tricky situation. You lived together before?
I would recommend to wait for an experts to advice you.
But from what I read you might not be able to sponsor her as you didn't put her on your application before landing, but krishnalynn might be right, engaged is not a status.
I hope I am the one wrong here :)

PortugalPhil

Dec 1, 2015
will_loon said:
Dear All,

Hi will_loon,
You are fine if you are applying for spousal sponsorship , meaning you got married. And although your concern is about the time you actually get engage, there is NO formal declaration of Engagement status in the government. Although if you had been cohabiting from before ( well to qualify as cohabitation you must prove that you have been continuously living together for at least one year)., I think you are still fine... Go over the whole question form and you can honestly indicate that. As long as you got legal marriage then you are fine.

Let me know which question you find difficult to answer.
God Bless.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
will_loon said:
Dear All,

Engagement is not recognized as a status....as others have said. Only marriage / common law / conjugal relationship (and conjugal relationship has very specific criteria). I think you will be fine :). Best wishes on your application.

C.

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
just trying to fill and organise paperwork slowly and send it off by end of feb when i will have medicals done

thought that mine will be bulky :eek: 8) :D

Apr 30, 2015
I'm sure this has been asked before but...

How do you organize attached documents and photos when they are asked for at different places.

Let's say you have 3 folders like TS.
Sponsor forms
Sponsored spouse forms
Proof of relationship

In IMM5490 Question 20-24-25-26 they ask for proof of relationship.
But then you also have a whole separate folder called "Proof of relationship"
So obviously you don't want to put duplicate copies of documents.

So what I'm considering doing is to enumerate all documents and photos. So Document 1, Document 2..... Photo 1, photo 2, photo 3.....
And then just put all of them in the "Proof of relationship folder".
And then for example in question 20 in IMM5490 I would write "We lived together in the same apartment and we have a joint lease (see document #5)"
But that document #5 is actually in another folder called "Proof of relationship"

Is that gonna work?

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
Hi everyone :) OH WOW.. Just dropped in here and I am surprised to see that my post is still on the front page after all these years!
I am glad that this post is still lending assistance to everyone who came here looking for some guidance. I may not be here most of the time now but happy to see everyone helping out each other . Good luck to all applicants! ;D