+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does WES evaluate CA Inter from India?

anubhav_007

Sep 14, 2020
Hi Anubhav,
Many thanks for summary/clarification, I do have another question though. When you say you clearing your Ca inter was considered a 1 year college level certificate, what was the timing of the two. Did you finish your CA IPCC/Inter alongside your graduation or was it after you were done with your graduation.
Since I did it alongside my graduation my IPCC clearance certificate shows 2015 which is even before I officially was a graduate so was just thinking if my IPCC would be treated the same i.e. one year college certificate.

Thanks for the response in advance.
Hello,

In our case, Graduation finished before IPCC. But there was an overlap between them like graduation dates are between ipcc start date and end date. I think they consider them seperately as ipcc is not a full time courses.

Dark123

Feb 8, 2021
So that counts as the option 'Two or more certificates' right? And there shouldn't be a need to produce the ATC certificate, right?

ShreyaP

Mar 23, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I need a advice in regards my ATC evaluation with WES.
I have conversion through direct entry on 03.01.2013 from PCC to IPCC and my articles training was from 2009 to 2012
I have cleared my IPCC group I in 2013 but received ATC certificate in 2019, due to some personal reasons could not continue my further studies.

Firstly, wanted to know what will be the period of study which i need to mention on WES form.
Secondly, ICAI will send ATC certificate to WES or only Transcript will be sent.

Thanks in advance.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Thanks for your reply! In that case after my ECA is done, if my B.com is evaluated as equal to 4 yrs Canadian Bachelors (I know as my classmates have got the same result) then I can go ahead and select Two or more Certificates/Degrees/Diplomas while filling out my EE profile right?
Did you get 4 years equivalency for B.com and CA inter?
I sent my B. Com + ICWA inter but they evaluated it as “Bachelor's degree (three years) and college-level certificate (one year)” I was expecting a 4 year Canadian equivalency. Does WES should give 4 years Canadian equivalency in my case?

Gunik1123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
Did you get 4 years equivalency for B.com and CA inter?
I sent my B. Com + ICWA inter but they evaluated it as “Bachelor's degree (three years) and college-level certificate (one year)” I was expecting a 4 year Canadian equivalency. Does WES should give 4 years Canadian equivalency in my case?
Yes. every Bachelor of commerce of 3 yrs in India gets 4 yr bachelor Canadian equivalency from WES .
Call WES and raise ur concern

ShreyaP

Mar 23, 2021
Dear Anubhav,

Need help with the below issue.

ATC evaluation with WES.
I have conversion through direct entry on 03.01.2013 from PCC to IPCC and my articles training was from 2009 to 2012.
Cleared my IPCC group I in 2013 but received ATC certificate in 2019, due to some personal reasons could not continue my further studies.

Firstly, wanted to know what will be the period of study which i need to mention on WES form.
Secondly, ICAI will send ATC certificate to WES or only Transcript will be sent and what is the membership certificate to be uploaded on WES site.

Thanking in advance for response.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Yes. every Bachelor of commerce of 3 yrs in India gets 4 yr bachelor Canadian equivalency from WES .
Call WES and raise ur concern
Actually B.com 3 years will only get 3 years of equivalency from Wes. My query is if B. Com is combined with ICWA intermediate course then WES should give 4 years of equivalency right?

Gunik1123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
Actually B.com 3 years will only get 3 years of equivalency from Wes. My query is if B. Com is combined with ICWA intermediate course then WES should give 4 years of equivalency right?
Indian 3 yr Bcom gets 4 yr Canadian Equivalency from WES . I myself got that.
Secondly, ICWA inter is evaluated as one year college level certificate by WES.
Hence getting both BCOM and ICWA inter evaluated will let u claim 2 or more degree while creating EE profile

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hence getting both BCOM and ICWA inter evaluated will let u claim 2 or more degree while creating EE profile
I think you get 4 years for B.Com only if you have scored 1st Divsion right?

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I have 2nd division in B.com is that the reason WES gave me 3 years equivalency?

Gunik1123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
I think you get 4 years for B.Com only if you have scored 1st Division right?
Not aware of that condition but still if u evaluate CA inter u can claim 2 or more degrees .

IRCC criteria is - "You may claim CRS points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees if your ECA shows your education is equivalent to two Canadian certificates, diplomas or degrees, and one is for a program of three years or more. " clearly u got 3 yr bachelor and CWA inter as 1 yr college level certificate.

Kash1995

Apr 23, 2021
@khalidr @anubhav_007

I have completed my B.Com from Mumbai University - 3yrs full time with CGPA 5.9 and Final grade as B
Also completed CA IPCC both the groups
By reading the entire thread I understand that - with B grade i will not fall under division 1 and hence my for B.com Canada equivalency will be 3yrs Bachelors only
and for my CA IPCC - hope it doesn't club with Bachelors and comes to 4 yrs of Bachelors - This way i will not be able to opt for 2 or more degree for CRS

Any clarification will help

anubhav_007

Sep 14, 2020
@khalidr @anubhav_007

I have completed my B.Com from Mumbai University - 3yrs full time with CGPA 5.9 and Final grade as B
Also completed CA IPCC both the groups
By reading the entire thread I understand that - with B grade i will not fall under division 1 and hence my for B.com Canada equivalency will be 3yrs Bachelors only
and for my CA IPCC - hope it doesn't club with Bachelors and comes to 4 yrs of Bachelors - This way i will not be able to opt for 2 or more degree for CRS

Any clarification will help
Though i am not 100 percent sure but as per the official wordings for `Two or more` duration of one degree is required to be atleast 3 years. So even if wes evaluates your bcom as 3 years and your ipcc as 1 year certificate, i think you are eligible for Two or more. Please confirm this from some official ircc person also. thanks.

anubhav_007

Sep 14, 2020
Dear Anubhav,

Need help with the below issue.

ATC evaluation with WES.
I have conversion through direct entry on 03.01.2013 from PCC to IPCC and my articles training was from 2009 to 2012.
Cleared my IPCC group I in 2013 but received ATC certificate in 2019, due to some personal reasons could not continue my further studies.

Secondly, ICAI will send ATC certificate to WES or only Transcript will be sent and what is the membership certificate to be uploaded on WES site.

Thanking in advance for response.
Hello, apologies for late response.

The duration i mentioned was from first registration of ipcc and to the year mentioned on ipcc certificate.

Secondly, I don't have an ATC certificate and Wes didn't ask for that. So i requested icai to send only transcripts to wes. I don't think icai sends atc to wes.

Third, For membership certificate we uploaded IPCC degree certificate only.

Hope this helps

Thanks