+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I download Citizenship e-certificate

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone. How could we know when the certificate is ready to download? Our clerk warned us not to try download it before 5 business days since it will mess up the system. Is that true? Thanks a lot!
Not really. Just don't try login in multiple times else it will lock you out for 24 hrs. Checking it every four hours would be Ok.

Reactions: alexbb

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Hi everyone. How could we know when the certificate is ready to download? Our clerk warned us not to try download it before 5 business days since it will mess up the system. Is that true? Thanks a lot!
Mine was ready the same day. Ceremony was 9am PST on Friday 19th and I checked later that night and it was available to download.

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
That sounds good. My Oath is Today and I have trip planned for end of Feb hopefully the certificate arrives in time.

Mine is Vancouver too.
You'll be sweet. I'm collecting my passport on Monday 29th (travel booked on 30th, had to provide the details) making it seven business days from my oath to passport.

Reactions: fièrementcanadien

amak07

Nov 27, 2023
You'll be sweet. I'm collecting my passport on Monday 29th (travel booked on 30th, had to provide the details) making it seven business days from my oath to passport.
I got my e-certificate already it took an hour. I told them when I was cutting my PR card that I am travelling in 3 weeks. I guess they rushed it?
I am walking in tomorrow morning to passport office to get my passport with express service.

smithy2024

Star Member
Jan 2, 2024
Hi everyone I received oath email today but not e-certificate portal email - did people receive this the same day, or does it take a few days to come through?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All,
I am trying to login to portal to download citizenship certificate and I am getting below error message. Anyone else faced this problem? whom I should reach to? please guide

There were issues submitting your form.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10567136/

Create new code and try or use another email to create account. They is no correlation between the account and download feature. They are independent activities.

Reactions: pvasishta