+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I download Citizenship e-certificate

Akhan12

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Hi guys

I did my oath on 19th July 2023 and emailed them the signed oath form the same day

I still haven't received any email instructions on how to get my citizenship e-certificate (its Aug 1 2023 today).

Do I need to wait for some email from them or is there any other process that I'm missing

Let me know

Thanks

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Hi guys

I did my oath on 19th July 2023 and emailed them the signed oath form the same day

I still haven't received any email instructions on how to get my citizenship e-certificate (its Aug 1 2023 today).

Do I need to wait for some email from them or is there any other process that I'm missing

Let me know

Thanks
Did you get an invite code to create an account on IRCC portal (https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signup?lang=en) If not, go to this link (https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal) get the invite code and then sign up using the first link

Akhan12

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Awesome CABA

I downloaded my certificate. I was waiting for ircc email while I could have asked here and got my certificate long ago

Thanks again

Appreciate your help

Reactions: CABA

vancouver-pl

Nov 4, 2022
For me it gives error to get the invitation link.”Sorry, we couldn’t create an invitation code for you. Invitation code not created: There was a technical issue.”

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
For me it gives error to get the invitation link.”Sorry, we couldn’t create an invitation code for you. Invitation code not created: There was a technical issue.”
must be some maintenance going on - check after a day or so

Dreamer_2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi! It seems many people are able to download their certificate the same day as their oath. My oath happened yesterday but I can't download it yet. Should I wait for2-5 business days as stated in the email? Anyone had the same thing? thanks. I need the certificate urgently, that's why I'm asking

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi! It seems many people are able to download their certificate the same day as their oath. My oath happened yesterday but I can't download it yet. Should I wait for2-5 business days as stated in the email? Anyone had the same thing? thanks. I need the certificate urgently, that's why I'm asking
Does it say certificate not available for download?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
yes, it says to wait for 2-5 business days
You'll have to wait for the clerk to close your application before you can download the e-cert. Usually takes 2-5 business days after oath. Some lucky people get it the same day as oath ceremony

Keep trying every half hour during the business hours of your oath office... If you try too many times, it will lock you out for 24h

LeoBae

Jul 28, 2023
Have you been able to download your certificate? My ceremony was on Thursday too.

Akhan12

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
You gotta wait couple of days after your oath ceremony day.
Try the same link by Thursday or Friday

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
You'll have to wait for the clerk to close your application before you can download the e-cert. Usually takes 2-5 business days after oath. Some lucky people get it the same day as oath ceremony

Keep trying every half hour during the business hours of your oath office... If you try too many times, it will lock you out for 24h
You only get the certificate on the same day if you do in person ceremony I believe. In all other cases, it takes a few days. From what I saw on the tracker, 10 days seems like the max time you’d have to wait so hopefully it’ll come through soon!

sam9899

Feb 15, 2021
Hi Everyone,

So I did my Oath yesterday and opted for the e-certificate and emailed the signed Oath Affirmation form right after the ceremony was completed. Now when I am trying to get the invite code to login to the portal it is giving me this error "Sorry, we couldn’t create an invitation code for you. Invitation code not created: There was a technical issue "

I know some of you were getting this problem - can you please confirm me what was the resolution to this? Please advise as I have urgent travel plans.

Thank you