+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I download Citizenship e-certificate

James1239

Jun 15, 2023
How to create the portal account? I did not get any email instructions. Do we have to wait for the email from IRCC or do people create it by themselves?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
So I was in a rush to register for the portal and hence I created an account with another Id.
I received an email from IRCC the next day with an invite code.
So if you’re not in a hurry I suggest waiting for the Ircc to send you the email with an invite code.

to download the certificate you need UcI, application number and name DOB.
were you able to download it from both accounts?
one which you registered by generating new invite code before getting email and one which if you registered with new invite code in email?

i wonder about this scenario because i registered 2 accounts, one before email and one after email... and now both are still saying certificate not available..
so i am not sure if certificate is linked to only 1 account or any can be used to download it.. please clarify if you know.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
i wonder about this scenario because i registered 2 accounts, one before email and one after email... and now both are still saying certificate not available..
so i am not sure if certificate is linked to only 1 account or any can be used to download it.. please clarify if you know.
There is no linking of certificate to any account. Once it's available to download it will be available in all account. Currently it is not.

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
There is no linking of certificate to any account. Once it's available to download it will be available in all account. Currently it is not.
Good to know. thanks. Also you mentioned at few places to send signed form again from other email.. but the problem is that i sent it 2 times from other emails, and both times i didn't get any automatic email back confirming they received my email... I sent it 3-4times from actual email id which is linked to application and received automatic email all the time..
Can you please suggest on this also.. also i called ircc and the agent after verifying all info of mine told server was down so she cant confirm if oath form is there on application or not..

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Good to know. thanks. Also you mentioned at few places to send signed form again from other email.. but the problem is that i sent it 2 times from other emails, and both times i didn't get any automatic email back confirming they received my email... I sent it 3-4times from actual email id which is linked to application and received automatic email all the time..
Can you please suggest on this also.. also i called ircc and the agent after verifying all info of mine told server was down so she cant confirm if oath form is there on application or not..
It all depends on your oath officer, once they check the signed oath form, if they find it all ok, will generate the certificate. Nothing much you can do then wait.

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
It all depends on your oath officer, once they check the signed oath form, if they find it all ok, will generate the certificate. Nothing much you can do then wait.
thanks.. just checking the portal every 30mins or so to see if its available :D
btw, we did receive the email with invite code and instructions to download certificate, next morning after oath day, so does it not mean that they processed the oath form or that email was just coincidence?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
thanks.. just checking the portal every 30mins or so to see if its available :D
btw, we did receive the email with invite code and instructions to download certificate, next morning after oath day, so does it not mean that they processed the oath form or that email was just coincidence?
That's just a normal process. Don't login to the portal a lot. They might lock you out for 24 hrs.

alexbb

Oct 2, 2021
Hi everyone. How could we know when the certificate is ready to download? Our clerk warned us not to try download it before 5 business days since it will mess up the system. Is that true? Thanks a lot!