+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How come CEC candidate couldn't get 600 arranged employment points?!

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Froze950 said:
Well if the main purpose was to get PR, then they should have applied straight for PR ( work permit), not students. Look man, I am also a PGWP and I know the rules have gone tougher. But I do not call them unfair. I accept and move on.

Do not blame Agents/Agencies just because you did not do your research. Govt of Canada is giving enough points of Canadian Exp. At least you have that.
That's right. If they want work permits and PR then they're not genuine students. They're people who want to live here, same as any other foreign national.

It's strange really that Canada gives you a student permit while you run your mouth about how you're intending to get PR. Many countries wouldn't even consider giving you any temporary entry if you actually indicate you plan to settle permanently. Cause that would show you're not a genuine non-immigrant, and hence don't qualify for temporary entry.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You are getting too much worried, but yes there is no 600 points without LMIA. You got a job based upon your PGWP, not because you are working on a position for which no qualified Canadian exists. However, that does not mean you cannot get PR. You wouldn't just be at the top of the list (and you shouldn't be, if we look at CIC's over all criteria for priority).

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-knowledge-of-getting-an-lmia-while-working-in-canada-asking-your-opinions-t266705.0.html;msg3953772#msg3953772

student_2013

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 June 2014
Med's Request
1st December 2014
Med's Done....
6th December 2014
I agree to both sides...What CIC aims at and How does PGWP holders feel about it.

But doesn't this new system give opportunity to make money to those employers having LMIA, who may sell the job offers at hefty prices to less qualified candidates.

I am not sure if CIC has any checks to control this risk :mad: :mad:

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
student_2013 said:
I agree to both sides...What CIC aims at and How does PGWP holders feel about it.

But doesn't this new system give opportunity to make money to those employers having LMIA, who may sell the job offers at hefty prices to less qualified candidates.

I am not sure if CIC has any checks to control this risk :mad: :mad:
At the very least it is much harder to do that now compared to earlier LMO process. Besides only skilled LMIAs can take part in EE.

Lastly, from what CIC intended, once this process is in place, they are going to cut down heavily on wp. Which is their main goal for now i.e get PRs not temp workers

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anujap said:
Guys

I am not saying that all intl students must get PR just because they pay higher fees..ofcourse it's not possible...It's just a general opinion and frustration due to changes made by cic every year..most of the students who come here are never given proper information by the agencies who help them get admissions in colleges and universities ..they just want their commissions....and once a student cums here, then he sees the real side of the story..and not all students have a gud back-up if they have to go back without getting anything...some of them just cum here to enjoy as they have extra wealth and to add the "foreign education" tag...ordinary students try very hard to struggle and qualify to get the PR and then after all the hardwork, you cum to know that your chances are almost zero due to changes made in the immigration process it's very hard to deal with it...but at the end, if things are not going to happen then they will not...then it's destiny and part of life...so let's all be positive and try our best.
Well I think for international students that you can still apply residency through the original PNP program, it is just that EE does not give benefits to international students but it does not mean there is no other way for international students to immigrant to Canada. I think now cos people see EE as the fastest way to immigrant to Canada so everyone wants to apply through this way.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
marcus66502 said:
That's right. If they want work permits and PR then they're not genuine students. They're people who want to live here, same as any other foreign national.
The term is dual intent.

I am a student. I am a genuine student, earning genuine grades, doing genuine studies.

I am also a prospective immigrant. I would like to stay here. The fact that I would like to stay here does not mean I'm not a genuine student.

Canada gives preference to people who have a Canadian education. They want skilled foreign immigrants, people who have cultural experience. They want to attract talented people, and educating them in Canada helps establish ties, connections, and increase their long-term chances of success.

Being a student doesn't mean you're not someone who wants to immigrate. Wanting to immigrate doesn't make you not a student.

Countries will deny study permits to people who they feel won't leave upon completion of their studies. They look for strong ties to the home country, and some people are denied study permits even in Canada for lacking it.

I am (at the moment) a US citizen. I travel regularly, and my profession requires it. Being an illegal immigrant would destroy my chances of adopting here, or working. If they ask me to leave, I will leave.

People wanting to live here is not the problem, rather, people who are willing to stay illegally are. They do not have that risk with me, so there is no reason to punish me for following the rules and doing exactly what they want me to.

Many countries wouldn't even consider giving you any temporary entry if you actually indicate you plan to settle permanently. Cause that would show you're not a genuine non-immigrant, and hence don't qualify for temporary entry.
It's temporary if you leave when you are told to. They are concerned about the *risk* of overstay. People who apply, follow the rules, and leave if asked to aren't a risk - the government can always tell them "no".

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@kateg, fair argument +1. EE is not preventing students from getting PR, this is overstated. Just that people with more needed skills and demanding jobs here are getting higher priority, than those students. Most of the people getting ITA and ultimately PR won't have those 600 points i believe. Far fewer LMIAs are issued compared to the number of people admitted as PRs in terms of CIC goals.

Besides, now CIC will have a way to kind of eliminate or at least significantly cut down TFW program using EE's faster processing as an excuse.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
The LMIA process is intended for cases where no Canadian PR/Citizen can be found to do the job. Students (and other immigrants) can still have their chance, but they are giving priority to what they consider high-priority, urgent cases.

It's not entirely unreasonable - if I were an employer desperately trying to hire someone, I should be able to do so at a higher priority than someone who is waiting for P/R but doesn't have a job.

ldovale

Sep 3, 2015
Hi fellas,

Could someone please tell me how apply to EE through CEC? In February/2016 I'll complete one year of Canadian work experience as NOC A and I'd like to know if I need a LMIA or just through my experience I can get 600 points.
Right now I'm under OWP.

Thanks,

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ldovale said:
Hi fellas,

Could someone please tell me how apply to EE through CEC? In February/2016 I'll complete one year of Canadian work experience as NOC A and I'd like to know if I need a LMIA or just through my experience I can get 600 points.
Right now I'm under OWP.

Thanks,
CEC has nothing to do with the 600 points. You don't have LMIA based job (you are on OWP) so you don't get that 600, period (unless you get one or get a PNP).

If you are young, have canadian education and experience you should be to score 450+ ish without that. If that's the case you would get ITA within a couple of rounds of invite and then you can submit application for PR.

That is the situation as of today.