+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How come CEC candidate couldn't get 600 arranged employment points?!

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
immshunli said:
You will definitely be selected in the first couple of months. CIC needs to bring 60k Fsw applicants and 20k Cec applicants, only few of them would have 600 additional points, 474 is extremely high among people that don't have 600 points.
In my opinion, if you are looking to be invited for the first draw you will definitely need that extra 600 points. There may not be a lot of applicants who post on this forum that has the extra 600 points, but there are many out there from around the world. Not to mention, if you do not have an arranged employment or a PNP nomination you will then need to create a Job Bank profile but the Job Bank is not even running at the moment. In addition, you will have to actively seek jobs through Job Bank, but again the Job Bank is not running right now.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
Raphealvw said:
So how do we know which information is correct. I called again and the call agent asked me to send a Case Specific Enquiry which could take 30 business days for a response :(
I personally would not trust CIC Call Center completely simply because the people who works at Call Center follows specific guidelines and most of the time these people have no expert and professional knowledge of the programs, especially the new ones.

In this case, it is unfortunately for PGWP holders that they cannot claim the 600 points even they have a full-time permanent job offer if the job is not supported by a LMIA. However, as a PGWP holder you have 3 years to look for a job that already has a LMIA in place or an employer who is willing to get one for you. If you current employer refuses to get a LMIA and you really need to get PR then you will need to start looking for other options.

anujap

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
I know, the new EE and LMIA rule sucks for International students who are on PGWP. It's very unfair that 1st they want us to pay 4 times higher fees for the courses and then they keep changing rules every yr as per their needs. Every time me and husband tried to change our jobs to fit under CEC, they kept on removing those categories and now our permits expire in June 2015 with no guarantee of ITA under EE. And whenever I call CIC, agent says they cannot answer our question and just sends email with links.

Raphealvw

Jan 18, 2015
Hey, I just thought about it this. Even if someone has the 600 additional points from PNP or LMIA, that person would need to have the 1 year required Canadian experience in order to qualify for CEC. They could be sent ITA but then during the application process, there will be checks done to verify 1 year post grad experience. So there are many traps in Express Entry.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
anujap said:
I know, the new EE and LMIA rule sucks for International students who are on PGWP. It's very unfair that 1st they want us to pay 4 times higher fees for the courses and then they keep changing rules every yr as per their needs. Every time me and husband tried to change our jobs to fit under CEC, they kept on removing those categories and now our permits expire in June 2015 with no guarantee of ITA under EE. And whenever I call CIC, agent says they cannot answer our question and just sends email with links.
Why is it unfair?
You choose to come to Canada and pay those fees for a high-quality education, studying here does not earn you the right of PR.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
anujap said:
Rules and regulations will change to accommodate the needs of the country in order for it to move forward. On the other hand, as a country Canada has the obligation to protect and take care of its citizens. Just like you would take care of your own children first before taking care of others', so no Canada is not trying to bar away people from entering into the country, but ensure that everything is fair to both prospective immigrants and its own citizens.

In terms of tuition fees, it is driven by supply and demand and Canada is not the recipient of the tuition money that International student pays. The schools are the one who set the prices and sadly speaking they are milking International students. Despite the high tuition fees students still choose to come to Canada to study and drive up the demand, so I don't see any unfairness here.

I was once an International student myself and this year will be my 18th year here in Canada and I am still trying to go through the red tapes to get a PR. Thus, don't give up and try looking into other programs especially if time is running out. If you really want that PR then you gotta do something because sitting around to wait for an invitation is probably not the smartest thing to do in your case.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
IMHO, I think the arguing point is not "I've paid $60k+ for Canadian education, I should deserve PR" because that's not right as explained well @ngelsa @doubleym

Rather it is when CIC opens CEC program and created PGWP, it was meant to be allowing people who already lived in Canada for some years as temp residents, they (supposedly) got used the Canadian lifestyle and culture, they should fit into Canada better than those who never lived here before. (Ref. CIC website CEC introduction)

So now, by imposing LMIA requirements which includes prevalent wage and that's nearly impossible for new grads (majority of PGWP holders are bachelor new grads). What that tells me is essentially CIC is closing the door for students (so as other LMIA-exempted permits) and dumping that idea. The question is, why? And I still couldn't get my head around it.

I feel the pain. If I had a job started few weeks earlier, I would have fall into CEC'14. But that's the rule, that's what we have to follow.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
Raphealvw said:
I have just called CIC and they confirmed if you have a PGWP and a job offer then you will qualify for the 600 points and you do not need LMIA. This is directly from CIC.
Brother ! if this is true it would be a big relief to many people here .

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
TrackIT said:
Brother ! if this is true it would be a big relief to many people here .
It doesnt matter what the call center person says unless the EE system doesnt gives us those points :(

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
Raphealvw said:
So how do we know which information is correct. I called again and the call agent asked me to send a Case Specific Enquiry which could take 30 business days for a response :(
Bro !
This is case specific, because I wrote a case specific question to CIC on Jan 5th and I got reply with answer for my question on Jan 17th so its advisable writing to them.
My question was answered very clear; its below for your reference.

My Question:
Respected Sir/Madam,
I have created two Express Entry profiles in MyCIC account by mistake as, I got confused . I have created my first Express Entry profile on January 1st 2015, after creating this profile
I made a decesion to delete it as I was unsure about some sections. Therefore, I have created again a new Express Entry profile on the same day assuming the previous profile would
delete automatically or display any withdrawal message .But instead of any of the mentioned actions, both my express entry profiles still exists. I have attached a screenshot and circles
both my profiles in this picture. I kindly request you to guide me further in deleting one of these profiles.
Please consider my request and provide a solution to fix this issue.

CIC Answer:
Dear Client,
Based on the information you provided, you are not eligible for Express Entry. We are unable to delete any profiles.
Please review the requirements for Express Entry: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp
Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
PR is not something you buy with tuition money (or ANY money). It doesn't work that way. This is the Government you're dealing with, not a private business.

Nobody promised foreign students anything. I've tried and tried asking for this but so far nobody has been able to show me any document from the Government of Canada that promises international students permanent residence.

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TrackIT said:
Bro !
This is case specific, because I wrote a case specific question to CIC on Jan 5th and I got reply with answer for my question on Jan 17th so its advisable writing to them.
My question was answered very clear; its below for your reference.

My Question:
Respected Sir/Madam,
I have created two Express Entry profiles in MyCIC account by mistake as, I got confused . I have created my first Express Entry profile on January 1st 2015, after creating this profile
I made a decesion to delete it as I was unsure about some sections. Therefore, I have created again a new Express Entry profile on the same day assuming the previous profile would
delete automatically or display any withdrawal message .But instead of any of the mentioned actions, both my express entry profiles still exists. I have attached a screenshot and circles
both my profiles in this picture. I kindly request you to guide me further in deleting one of these profiles.
Please consider my request and provide a solution to fix this issue.

CIC Answer:
Dear Client,
Based on the information you provided, you are not eligible for Express Entry. We are unable to delete any profiles.
Please review the requirements for Express Entry: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp
Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
sorry about that. you can delete your application any time .thatwhat I see option in MYCIC Account .

lucky447

Jan 20, 2015
Raphealvw said:
I have just called CIC and they confirmed if you have a PGWP and a job offer then you will qualify for the 600 points and you do not need LMIA. This is directly from CIC.
Could you please give me the CIC number where you contacted them.

anujap

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Guys

I am not saying that all intl students must get PR just because they pay higher fees..ofcourse it's not possible...It's just a general opinion and frustration due to changes made by cic every year..most of the students who come here are never given proper information by the agencies who help them get admissions in colleges and universities ..they just want their commissions....and once a student cums here, then he sees the real side of the story..and not all students have a gud back-up if they have to go back without getting anything...some of them just cum here to enjoy as they have extra wealth and to add the "foreign education" tag...ordinary students try very hard to struggle and qualify to get the PR and then after all the hardwork, you cum to know that your chances are almost zero due to changes made in the immigration process it's very hard to deal with it...but at the end, if things are not going to happen then they will not...then it's destiny and part of life...so let's all be positive and try our best.

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
anujap said:
Guys

I am not saying that all intl students must get PR just because they pay higher fees..ofcourse it's not possible...It's just a general opinion and frustration due to changes made by cic every year..most of the students who come here are never given proper information by the agencies who help them get admissions in colleges and universities ..they just want their commissions....and once a student cums here, then he sees the real side of the story..and not all students have a gud back-up if they have to go back without getting anything...some of them just cum here to enjoy as they have extra wealth and to add the "foreign education" tag...ordinary students try very hard to struggle and qualify to get the PR and then after all the hardwork, you cum to know that your chances are almost zero due to changes made in the immigration process it's very hard to deal with it...but at the end, if things are not going to happen then they will not...then it's destiny and part of life...so let's all be positive and try our best.

Well if the main purpose was to get PR, then they should have applied straight for PR ( work permit), not students. Look man, I am also a PGWP and I know the rules have gone tougher. But I do not call them unfair. I accept and move on.

Do not blame Agents/Agencies just because you did not do your research. Govt of Canada is giving enough points of Canadian Exp. At least you have that.