+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how can avoid the high cost of delivering a baby in canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Moving to Quebec for 6 months and the resettling somewhere else 6 months later will likely cost the same as paying for a birth if you don't work while you live in Quebec. As previously mentioned you can add your child to your application in your home country and it is not considered asking for an extension.

KKalra17

Jan 1, 2018
Thanks guys for sharing your input. I have a word with RamQ about eligibility & documents required for enrolment. They confirmed pregnancy services are covered during waiting period. However they did not disclose much about the documents required to enrol as they want the applicant to visit the office.

Does any one have an clue what documents might one need for enrolment?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would assume you need something like a lease or utility bill to prove that you are living in Quebec. If you plan on moving yo Quebec to have you baby keep very detailed records of how long you were in the province and I would keep them for a couple of years.

Reactions: KKalra17

KKalra17

Jan 1, 2018
They also mentioned " Certificate of Deliverance of CSQ".

Since my csq has been submitted to federal, RamQ mentioned they want an original document like CSQ or 'Certificate of Deliverance of CSQ'. I am not getting anything on google for this. Am I using the right letters or is it called something else. How do I apply for it in advance

R

rish888

They also mentioned " Certificate of Deliverance of CSQ".

Since my csq has been submitted to federal, RamQ mentioned they want an original document like CSQ or 'Certificate of Deliverance of CSQ'. I am not getting anything on google for this. Am I using the right letters or is it called something else. How do I apply for it in advance
Immigration Quebec should have sent you a letter confirming they have issued you a CSQ is you are a Quebec-selected immigrant. This would have come with your CSQ.

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
Hi there,
We had a baby born few days back at credit valley. We have no OHiP coverage due to less than 3 months phenomenon and costs are as follows:

CAD 4,500 are taken as advance cash by the Obs/Gyne clinic at building 2000 next to credit valley hospital. This includes physician responsible for delivery, first doctor appointment at clinic, admin charges and the charges for Anesthesia if required at delivery.

Hospital charges were appx 3300 CAD per day i.e. if you enter hospital for Labor Assessement, baby is born in birthing suite appx 12 hrs from forst arrival at hospital and then 1 days stay after delivery. You will be charged for two dats. For PR card holders,this fee is appx 1300 CAD per day.

Baby is covered after birth however any costs towards tests etc are to be paid incl. any doctors which will

QUOTE="djmony, post: 6535939, member: 714728"]hi guys
my wife and I are moving permanently to Canada , as immigrant to the province of Ontario, my wife is pregnant and her due date is towards the end of march 2018, will be landing at the end of December 2017, as I know the government health insurance will take 3 months to be active , I looked through many insurance companies but they don't cover already pregnant women, so is there is a way to avoid the expensive delivery fee in hospitals, i heard about midwifes anyone know how much they will cost and do they deliver at hospitals or clinic, or if you any insurance company that will cover such condition even if it is a bit expensive than the others,please if anyone been through the same situation or have any information that could help me let me know your advise is most appreciated.
thanks all[/QUOTE]
Hi

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-date-extension-indirectly.473568/

This thread might be useful!!!

I already had COPR and my passport stamped before the birth of my child. My child was born in June 2017 (in my home country) while the landing date that I was given was May 2017. I told my visa office that I will land after the birth of my child which meant that my COPR would expire. My visa office said that that's not an issue and told me to just provide them with the baby's passport, birth certificate and some other documents. I did that and then a couple of months later received new COPRs inclusive of my baby this time.

I did not have to go back in the queue and wait for an ITA despite my original landing date expiring without having landed in Canada.

andyeap

Jun 11, 2018
Hi @Fairmont81,
I am in similar situation. Can you please share the name of the Obs/Gyn clinic that you worked with.

Thanks!

Hi there,
We had a baby born few days back at credit valley. We have no OHiP coverage due to less than 3 months phenomenon and costs are as follows:

CAD 4,500 are taken as advance cash by the Obs/Gyne clinic at building 2000 next to credit valley hospital. This includes physician responsible for delivery, first doctor appointment at clinic, admin charges and the charges for Anesthesia if required at delivery.

Hospital charges were appx 3300 CAD per day i.e. if you enter hospital for Labor Assessement, baby is born in birthing suite appx 12 hrs from forst arrival at hospital and then 1 days stay after delivery. You will be charged for two dats. For PR card holders,this fee is appx 1300 CAD per day.

Baby is covered after birth however any costs towards tests etc are to be paid incl. any doctors which will

QUOTE="djmony, post: 6535939, member: 714728"]hi guys
my wife and I are moving permanently to Canada , as immigrant to the province of Ontario, my wife is pregnant and her due date is towards the end of march 2018, will be landing at the end of December 2017, as I know the government health insurance will take 3 months to be active , I looked through many insurance companies but they don't cover already pregnant women, so is there is a way to avoid the expensive delivery fee in hospitals, i heard about midwifes anyone know how much they will cost and do they deliver at hospitals or clinic, or if you any insurance company that will cover such condition even if it is a bit expensive than the others,please if anyone been through the same situation or have any information that could help me let me know your advise is most appreciated.
thanks all
Hi[/QUOTE]

Lovekesh

Jul 13, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I just got to know that my wife is pregnant and is in initial weeks. I have plan for we both to travel to Ontario next month i.e. when my wife will be in 2-3 month of pregnancy.

Now considering that Ontario health card's average waiting time is 3 months,
i. Will my wife be eligible for all medical facilities provided by Ontario health insurance after 3 months i.e. Dec/Jan onwards?
ii. Can I opt for travel insurance or any private insurance to support for these 3 months(until Ontario health card is issued)?

Please suggest

Thanks much!

Reactions: Wolverine17

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am interested to know whe is the best time to plan for pregnancy if my plan is
To
Settle
In ontario,thanks
Best time to settle is at least three months before you get pregnant to ensure all costs are covered.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am interested to know whe is the best time to plan for pregnancy if my plan is
To
Settle
In ontario,thanks
Would also wait until you have a job and if your wife plans on working that she be established in her job before getting pregnant. She needs to work 600 hours to qualify for maternity leave payments but that is only a fraction of her normal salary. It is also hard to find a job as a newcomer. Pregnant newcomer will be even more challenging. If you have to write your dental licensing exams I would wait until after you have passed. Having children is expensive. Also when you have healthcare.

Reactions: Wolverine17

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Would also wait until you have a job and if your wife plans on working that she be established in her job before getting pregnant. She needs to work 600 hours to qualify for maternity leave payments but that is only a fraction of her normal salary. It is also hard to find a job as a newcomer. Pregnant newcomer will be even more challenging. If you have to write your dental licensing exams I would wait until after you have passed. Having children is expensive. Also when you have healthcare.
That will be like forever

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But couldn't they live as a satellite family where the husband earns money in another country to support the housewife in Ontario? The wife doesn't have to be working. Following Scylla's suggestion, that could work too.

Btw, buy lottery and try to win is another option!