+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hotel quarantine question - Toronto

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The time is essentially for all those who don't meet travel exemptions. Time is shorter for those meeting the travel exemption. Like your spouse they still may need to do hotel quarantine and remain separated from you both for the up to 14 days. Unless things have changed there are no deliveries to the quarantine hotels. I would suggest bringing some pot noodles but can't be chicken flavour.
Chicken flavour?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How about beef flavoured? As in mad cow disease , foot and mouth disease

No pork flavoured - as in swine flu
We are talking about Asia where the major issue is Avian flus. Anyone bringing food into Canada should check the restrictions.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes but avian flus primarily originate in Asia.
It doesn't matter. People in Asia can buy products from around the world even areas where mad cow disease and swine flu primarily originate.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It doesn't matter. People in Asia can buy products from around the world even areas where mad cow disease and swine flu primarily originate.
We were talking about bringing familiar food to the quarantine hotel and in particular talking about pot noodles. I highly doubt they are not made in Asia for the Chinese market.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
We were talking about bringing familiar food to the quarantine hotel and in particular talking about pot noodles. I highly doubt they are not made in Asia for the Chinese market.
I'm pretty sure the quarantine hotels are a little better than instant noodles and not allowing guests to receive any food packages from friends or family. Though, some offer room service and you can order steak and lobster if you like. ( For an extra fee )

No need to worry about avian flu or mad cow disease.
My only concern would be covid and bed bugs if you really want to " cheap out. "

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some hotels offer Chinese meal entrees, so no need to bring familiar food to the quarantine hotel.