+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hotel quarantine question - Toronto

gtd1986

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Stressing out/extremely excited about my wife's arrival on Friday, just want to ensure everything goes smoothly and we don't miss anything. One thing we just came across was whether we needed an eTa - Electronic Travel Authorization. Is this necessary or is this for people coming without visa/CoPR? My mind is a mess lately and I can't make out make sense of anything anymore....

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Stressing out/extremely excited about my wife's arrival on Friday, just want to ensure everything goes smoothly and we don't miss anything. One thing we just came across was whether we needed an eTa - Electronic Travel Authorization. Is this necessary or is this for people coming without visa/CoPR? My mind is a mess lately and I can't make out make sense of anything anymore....
Yes, ETA is for travellers from visa waiver countries (ie do not need visas).

Note though you should be using the ArriveCAN app.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
[/QUOTE

Depending on where she is arriving from.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html

Also, depending on whether she has received one of the Canadian approved vaccines will determine if she has to quarantine or not under the new rules.
If she has not received one of the approved vaccines then make sure you have the 3-day resort quarantine hotel booked and don't forget to complete the arrive can app within 72hrs of the flight. Bring the pre-flight covid test result translated in English.

Ask her to bring 2 bottles (1.5 litres total) of really good stuff for you and that should alleviate some of the stress after she arrives.

sophiaabigail

Jan 1, 2022
indonesia
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
07-06-1995
How to comply, who is exempt, quarantine facilities, what to do ... You may be asked questions about your plans for quarantine upon arrival.
A Toronto area family is questioning 192.168.o.1 Canada's COVID-19 testing and travel rules after spending days in a quarantine hotel following their ... It looks like once I arrive in Montréal, I will need to quarantine in one of these government sites which I believe is a hotel, before going on to Toronto. That ...