+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I have a good news today. My interview request has been canceled today after I submitted additional documents in support of our relationship by emails and webform. And I received the pre arrival letter this afternoon. Now just be patient to wait for the decision made.
Congratulations! Now you think the waiting is worth it right? ;)

Reactions: jerry22880

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I have a good news today. My interview request has been canceled today after I submitted additional documents in support of our relationship by emails and webform. And I received the pre arrival letter this afternoon. Now just be patient to wait for the decision made.
That's good news. Your webform inquiries, additional documents and patience, have convinced them.
Was wondering what they were going to do with the interviews scheduled in HK ?
Now " more hopes and just wait " !
:)

JeanP.

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
My wife just receive her passport last day.
Lots of peoples look for a flight from China --> Canada ?
Can we form a group and try something together ?

mictason

Aug 20, 2019
Thank you for your wish and useful information! I bet my husband could not sleep all night last night. We both are very excited. Actually I release lots of pressure, because the outbreak of coronavirus in Hong Kong becomes serious this week, and it's really unforeseeable as a visitor when he/she will be able to go to Hong Kong. I will be patient to wait for the final decision and COPR.
Sure must be too excited to fall asleep. Everytime I receive an update from IRCC, I couldnt stay calm for whole day.

dashka

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Mongolia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hongkong
App. Filed.......
09-08-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Thank you! It's true. This waiting period give us a great experience. My husband said we will not forget how much effort we made to be together.
Congratulations jerry ! I am so happy for you !

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
My wife just receive her passport last day.
Lots of peoples look for a flight from China --> Canada ?
Can we form a group and try something together ?
there are not many choices now. Either you wait until Sept. and hope for cheaper price and the pandemic situation will not get worse or you buy 5.1 high priced flights. I choose to fly earlier to avoid uncertainty. Hainan airlines, 28000 RMB one way :mad:

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
My wife have find 18,000 Rmb in August.
But I still find this price crazy.
I agree but what can you do? There are many " crazy " things happening now. o_O
Like ryester said " Wait for a cheaper flight and hope and hope pandemic situation not get worse " or pay through the nose to avoid uncertainty?
Everyone's situation is different so figure out what works best for you.

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Hi all,

I found out the background in GCKey account changed from 'We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. ' to 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.'

I'm so confused about that. Because other applicants who shared their process in the forum were changed from 'Your application is in progress.' to 'We are processing your background check.'

Anyone has similar experiences. What do you think?
Hi all,

PGP-2019 HK-LVO sponsor here. Interestingly I saw the same background check status reversal (from "we are processing your background check..." to "your application is in process...") on MyCIC on July 14, followed by a pre-arrival service letter next day. Not too sure the significance of this reveral pattern but fingers crossed for DM/PPR.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi all,

PGP-2019 HK-LVO sponsor here. Interestingly I saw the same background check status reversal (from "we are processing your background check..." to "your application is in process...") on MyCIC on July 14, followed by a pre-arrival service letter next day. Not too sure the significance of this reveral pattern but fingers crossed for DM/PPR.
Hi, after I received your message, I checked my GCkey account. It has changed from 'Your application is in progress' to 'We are processing your background check' again this morning, not same as yesterday. My pre-arrival letter was received on July 17. I guess they start another part of background check.

Reactions: jackhcd