+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Anyone hear about flights to/from mainland in August ?
AC just cancelled theirs. Big flood to book with other carriers.
Lots of games being played.
It seems that Shanghai Vancouver flights are kept every Friday/Saturday in August. But one-way ticket is over $5000, it is virtually the same as those 5.1 Chinese airlines. So pathetic :mad:

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
It seems that Shanghai Vancouver flights are kept every Friday/Saturday in August. But one-way ticket is over $5000, it is virtually the same as those 5.1 Chinese airlines. So pathetic :mad:
Lots of games being played.
We booked months ago for good price in mid Aug. and now they just cancelled.
I won't take the chance of paying big bucks for another possible flight to have them cancel again. Air Canada
said it will take 6 weeks to process the voucher.....What a Joke!

ericeric

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
My wife’s copr is gonna expire in Jan 2021. I am worry that we wont find a flight before it expires.

can we ask for extensions?

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Any news from IRCC regarding interviews in HK ?
Nope. Hong Kong is suffering the third and the biggest outbreak of COVID-19. Their government said they were going to recognize the mutual health QR and to allow the visitor who holding negative test results within 7 days to enter into Hong Kong after approved. But all of a sudden, they have lots of confirmed cases again last week.
I have no idea when I will be able to have the interview. I have written several emails by webform to IRCC HK. But I didn't receive any response from them over two months. No more hopes and just wait.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Nope. Hong Kong is suffering the third and the biggest outbreak of COVID-19. Their government said they were going to recognize the mutual health QR and to allow the visitor who holding negative test results within 7 days to enter into Hong Kong after approved. But all of a sudden, they have lots of confirmed cases again last week.
I have no idea when I will be able to have the interview. I have written several emails by webform to IRCC HK. But I didn't receive any response from them over two months. No more hopes and just wait.
Many are waiting. There's lots of problems everywhere.
I'm a little surprised IRCC hasn't responded after several messages at least with an acknowledgement.
If you haven't received a response when using webform then after 5 days phone the call centre
and find out what's happening.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Many are waiting. There's lots of problems everywhere.
I'm a little surprised IRCC hasn't responded after several messages at least with an acknowledgement.
If you haven't received a response when using webform then after 5 days phone the call centre
and find out what's happening.
Thank you for your advice. Maybe they are very busy with other complicated cases. I will write to the call center to see whether they can help me or give me the further information.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Thank you for your advice. Maybe they are very busy with other complicated cases. I will write to the call center to see whether they can help me or give me the further information.
Your case is in HKVO so call center would not be able to help you. You can either call HKVO directly or send WebForm inquires. I believe everything is in progress though.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerry22880

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
I have a good news today. My interview request has been canceled today after I submitted additional documents in support of our relationship by emails and webform. And I received the pre arrival letter this afternoon. Now just be patient to wait for the decision made.

mictason

Aug 20, 2019
I have a good news today. My interview request has been canceled today after I submitted additional documents in support of our relationship by emails and webform. And I received the pre arrival letter this afternoon. Now just be patient to wait for the decision made.
Congrats!Sure you will be receiving more good news soon. I got my pre arrival letter a week after submitting my additional doc, then Dm 3 weeks after pre arrival received.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Congrats!Sure you will be receiving more good news soon. I got my pre arrival letter a week after submitting my additional doc, then Dm 3 weeks after pre arrival received.
Thank you for your wish and useful information! I bet my husband could not sleep all night last night. We both are very excited. Actually I release lots of pressure, because the outbreak of coronavirus in Hong Kong becomes serious this week, and it's really unforeseeable as a visitor when he/she will be able to go to Hong Kong. I will be patient to wait for the final decision and COPR.