+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
They have made background check to me, because I applied for study permit in April this year even though they gave me a refused result, I saw the background check portion has been completed. I understand one-year is estimated time, but the website also said if your application process is not over a year, they have the right to ignore your inquiry. So after one year expired, we may be able to inquiry the process frequently.

BTW, how's your flight booking?
no, they will not ignore your inquiry in any way but response will be very slow due to large number of inquiries.

I decide to buy 5.1 flights, however, at this point, Beijing is locked down...2020 is hell of a year

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
no, they will not ignore your inquiry in any way but response will be very slow due to large number of inquiries.

I decide to buy 5.1 flights, however, at this point, Beijing is locked down...2020 is hell of a year
Beijing is not locked down. But the resident has to complete the testing of COVID 19 and get negative result before he/she leaves the city.

A person in our Chinese group texted me this morning, his wife has been successful landed in Canada today. His wife is also from Beijing. She has completed the testing of COVID 19 two days ago. She took the flight from Beijing as well. Just for your information.

Last edited:

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada

" 2020 is a hell of a year " That's for sure and it's not over yet. :(

I heard of one family here that can't wait for future flight back to China and
paid 80,000 RMB per ticket through a 3rd party vendor for an immediate flight.
Anything is possible.

Hopefully Air Canada can get the approval to fly but not holding my breath at this point.
Stay healthy!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Beijing is not locked down. But the resident has to complete the testing of COVID 19 and get negative result before he/she leaves the city.

A person in our Chinese group texted me this morning, his wife has been successful landed in Canada today. His wife is also from Beijing. She has completed the testing of COVID 19 two days ago. She took the flight from Beijing as well. Just for your information.
Taking the test is much more likely to get infected with current situation, I heard hundreds of thousands of people wait to be tested, and the result is only valid for 7 days and you will not get the result until 3-4 days after the test...Not good. This is even worse than Canada.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
" 2020 is a hell of a year " That's for sure and it's not over yet. :(

I heard of one family here that can't wait for future flight back to China and
paid 80,000 RMB per ticket through a 3rd party vendor for an immediate flight.
Anything is possible.

Hopefully Air Canada can get the approval to fly but not holding my breath at this point.
Stay healthy!
I heard China won't approve AC to fly because of Meng case. If Canadian government does not push, I don't see AC has a chance. Also, there are tons of profits for Chinese airlines, 30,000 RMB/person with 200 ppl a flight, that 6 million in total one day for one airline! There is definitely no motivation to share profits with non-Chinese airlines like AC.

Last edited:

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I heard China won't approve AC to fly because of Meng case. If Canadian government does not push, I don't see AC has a chance. Also, there are tons of profile for Chinese airlines, 30,000 RMB/person with 200 ppl a flight, that 6 million in total one day for one airline! There is definitely no motivation to share profiles with non-Chinese airlines like AC.
Yea, could have something to do with it unfortunately it affects so many people.
I heard the price will drop to around 12,000 RMB/person in Aug..... Who knows?
Delta is flying to but no way to get across the border and I would be very concerned with Covid there!

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Yea, could have something to do with it unfortunately it affects so many people.
I heard the price will drop to around 12,000 RMB/person in Aug..... Who knows?
Delta is flying to but no way to get across the border and I would be very concerned with Covid there!
I don't understand why you insist to choose Canadian airline instead of considering Chinese airline. They are safe. They empty some seats to keep space between passengers, that's the reason that the the price is higher than normal. In fact, the price decreases and will keep dropping down. The confirmed cases in Beijing is away much fewer than in Canada. I think the main reason that make you very concerned is about the news you heard in Canada.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Taking the test is much more likely to get infected with current situation, I heard hundreds of thousands of people wait to be tested, and the result is only valid for 7 days and you will not get the result until 3-4 days after the test...Not good. This is even worse than Canada.
There are many places to take the test in Beijing. Your wife can choose a safer place or a safer time to test. I don't think it's even worse, the result within 7 days is more reliable than within 14 days. But you may need to schedule it very well.

Last edited:

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I don't understand why you insist to choose Canadian airline instead of considering Chinese airline. They are safe. They empty some seats to keep space between passengers, that's the reason that the the price is higher than normal. In fact, the price decreases and will keep dropping down. The confirmed cases in Beijing is away much fewer than in Canada. I think the main reason that make you very concerned is about the news you heard in Canada.
AC is cost effective when you book ahead and prefer premium economy.
Been to Beijing many times and not worried about the cases there. Last flight a few months ago was with China Eastern.
No news is good news !

Reactions: jerry22880

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just some heads up, China Southern Airline is completely booked up/sold out, way into September, I seen some people paid up to $15,000.00 Canadian dollars.

floppydisk

Sep 5, 2019
Hi all,

Status changed to DM yesterday and received PPR email today.!! Thanks everyone on this forum especially from this channel for all the help and assistance.!! Still need to walk this last mile hope everything will be straight forward.

Cheers.!

babychikay

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
AOR Received.
11-12-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Med's Done....
19-12-2019
Congratulations!

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi, just for your information, the news said Beijing changes the testing requirement rule. If you are from the low risk area in Beijing, it's not required to have the testing of COVID-19 effective from July 4.

floppydisk

Sep 5, 2019
Hi all,

We are currently in China, while the application was processed in Hong Kong are we allow to send the PPR package to any VO in China or it must be Hong Kong where it was processed?

Many thanks, cheers.!