+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I was wondering if you talked with Xiamen Airlines about being able to board, have they updated there policy yet?
Xiamen Air has become too expensive for me and my husband, so we have decided to fly with China Southern instead. I called them, and they do not have any restrictions on who can board. It sounded too good to be true, so I called the airport customs as well, surprised to hear that they don't check if I'd be allowed in or not, as long as I have my passport and visa.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Xiamen Air has become too expensive for me and my husband, so we have decided to fly with China Southern instead. I called them, and they do not have any restrictions on who can board. It sounded too good to be true, so I called the airport customs as well, surprised to hear that they don't check if I'd be allowed in or not, as long as I have my passport and visa.
So you will fly to Guangzhou and then Vancouver? Chinese airlines probably don't have the same procedure as Air Canada, which always calls CBSA to confirm your eligibility to enter Canada before allowing you to board the plane. But in your case, there is nothing to worry about. Come as soon as you can, things are changed quickly (like Beijing)

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I think air Canada is going to start to fly from Shanghai they have not change there flights or cancelled them going out of Shanghai.

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
So you will fly to Guangzhou and then Vancouver? Chinese airlines probably don't have the same procedure as Air Canada, which always calls CBSA to confirm your eligibility to enter Canada before allowing you to board the plane. But in your case, there is nothing to worry about. Come as soon as you can, things are changed quickly (like Beijing)
I just want to spend some more time with my family in China before flying over to Canada. Probably going to be a while before I can come back.

But yes, I need to take action soon.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sometimes China Southern and Xiamen airlines have codeshare flights.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I think air Canada is going to start to fly from Shanghai they have not change there flights or cancelled them going out of Shanghai.
AC cancelled all direct flights from Beijing to Vancouver in July and Shanghai to Vancouver before 7.15. The tickets for Shanghai to Vancouver after 7.15 are "fake" tickets now. I won't bet on it until official Chinese government approves of their flight plan.

Last edited:

JeanP.

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
-I'm hoping they keep the Canadian/USA border closed for some time.
-I'm hoping AC gets approval to fly after July 15th. ( Cost effective )
-I'm hoping things will settle down soon.
-I'm hoping I don't run out of beer.
Maybe just wishful thinking?
You think AC will get approval to fly to/from international BEFORE they open the Canadian/USA border .... (how this can happen...)

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
You think AC will get approval to fly to/from international BEFORE they open the Canadian/USA border .... (how this can happen...)
I think AC needs approval for international flights to China and I'm sure they would like to fly, go back to work, make money, etc.
You can try and guess when or if they acquire that before the border opens? With the spike of new virus cases just south of me, we
are hoping it stays closed for some time.

JeanP.

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Solution to take your family from China (possible other country's) to Canada.

I have find a solution for my wife to travel to Canada at a reasonable price
A) flight from Shanghai (possible other airport, I have not check) to Doha airport with Qatar airway and to CDG (Paris). Around 650$ C (one way).
B) take a single flight from CDG to your city (Montreal, Toronto).
Both airport have international transit and did not require visa.

* I will go meeting her in CDG (Paris)

Look ok for me in August.

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I would recommend waiting if you can depending on your COPR expiry and medical date, that's kinda risky, maybe things will get better by August, but there is a famous saying (love waits for no one) :) I wish you the best and a safe journey for you and your wife.