+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

floppydisk

Sep 5, 2019
Apologies, should be to a VAC in China instead of Hong Kong not VO. Thanks!

Hi all,

We are currently in China, while the application was processed in Hong Kong are we allow to send the PPR package to any VO in China or it must be Hong Kong where it was processed?

Many thanks, cheers.!

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I have a question if anyone has some suggestions would be great, my wife and child will be landing at some point soon and I over looked bc health care, and need to find some coverage for 3 months does anyone know of best options, my work insurance doesn't cover until after 3 months, BC health care the same, I know that basic cost of care will come out of pocket, so it have to be for emergency insurance services, I looked on the web there is many but sure what is the best route, any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I have a question if anyone has some suggestions would be great, my wife and child will be landing at some point soon and I over looked bc health care, and need to find some coverage for 3 months does anyone know of best options, my work insurance doesn't cover until after 3 months, BC health care the same, I know that basic cost of care will come out of pocket, so it have to be for emergency insurance services, I looked on the web there is many but sure what is the best route, any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
That type of insurance can be expensive and 3 months will go by very fast.
Do some research and get a quote from a local company. Popular one around here is BCAA

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Thanks for your help, I know that time goes by so fast, but I am just worry that if any type of emergency even falling down or something could land you in the hospital that could be very much more expensive, I seen some insurance companies charge around 650.00 for 3 months for hospital visits and stays of course not basic doctor visit and drugs that would come out of your own pocket, it's my responsibility for the safety and security of my family, unfortunately in these times not having insurance can be dangerous with this Covid-19 out there, I better do more research, Thank you so much for your answer and if anything else comes to mind please let me know Thanks much appreciated.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Thanks for your help, I know that time goes by so fast, but I am just worry that if any type of emergency even falling down or something could land you in the hospital that could be very much more expensive, I seen some insurance companies charge around 650.00 for 3 months for hospital visits and stays of course not basic doctor visit and drugs that would come out of your own pocket, it's my responsibility for the safety and security of my family, unfortunately in these times not having insurance can be dangerous with this Covid-19 out there, I better do more research, Thank you so much for your answer and if anything else comes to mind please let me know Thanks much appreciated.
Find some insurance and don't consider doctor/hospital visits.
I wouldn't be too worried about Covid around here unless you're in a care home or work in health care. More risks getting injured especially with all the crazy drivers. For now, stay away from bars, restaurants, public gatherings, and you will be fine.
Make sure you wear masks through the airport !

mictason

Aug 20, 2019
Please try bestquotetravelinsurance.ca to see if you can find more information or suitable policy there.

mictason

Aug 20, 2019
Hi everyone, my app is being processed at HKVO and I received a dm on Ecas on Jun 30. I used a lawyer so I believe my copr will be sent to him. The lawyer is in Canada and currently service of air mail and EMS from HK to Canada are suspended. Do you know how HkVo will send out a copr to Canada? Will they use Dhl or Fedex? I know if the copr is sent locally, they’ll simply use regular mail, not even registered mail. I am worrying that they’ll send the copr to Canada by seamail as all airmail service are suspended. Does anyone know and could give me some info. Thank you~

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi everyone, my app is being processed at HKVO and I received a dm on Ecas on Jun 30. I used a lawyer so I believe my copr will be sent to him. The lawyer is in Canada and currently service of air mail and EMS from HK to Canada are suspended. Do you know how HkVo will send out a copr to Canada? Will they use Dhl or Fedex? I know if the copr is sent locally, they’ll simply use regular mail, not even registered mail. I am worrying that they’ll send the copr to Canada by seamail as all airmail service are suspended. Does anyone know and could give me some info. Thank you~
PPR email is sent to applicant directly. And you need to submit your passport and photos in order to get the visa and CoPR so I don't think there is a problem for you.

mictason

Aug 20, 2019
PPR email is sent to applicant directly. And you need to submit your passport and photos in order to get the visa and CoPR so I don't think there is a problem for you.
Thanks Ryester for the reply. I dont need PPR as Im from Hong Kong(visa exempt). I ll be flying to Toronto on this Friday as direct family member, so wanted to figure out the copr before i leave.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Thanks Ryester for the reply. I dont need PPR as Im from Hong Kong(visa exempt). I ll be flying to Toronto on this Friday as direct family member, so wanted to figure out the copr before i leave.
I see. If that is the case, you can come over to figure it out :D Congratulations and enjoy your stay with your families.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Anyone hear about flights to/from mainland in August ?
AC just cancelled theirs. Big flood to book with other carriers.
Lots of games being played.
Hi, I heard AC cancelled all the flights in August. And their flight AC25 from Vancouver to Shanghai has been officially approved, it will be effective on Aug 7. And the ticket price is almost 8W.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hi, I heard AC cancelled all the flights in August. And their flight AC25 from Vancouver to Shanghai has been officially approved, it will be effective on Aug 7. And the ticket price is almost 8W.
One Friday flight every week with everything else cancelled. Not convinced those flights will ever happen.
I think the price you mentioned is through a 3rd party vendor trying to make extra money. AC is struggling
and they should be more transparent with their customers !