+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Ryester, congrats on completion of your app, so now she has passport back and is a PR holder? living in China? does that me she can fly to Canada anytime? and if so what about the landing, will immigration officer when she arrives in Canada how does that work? if she came now she would need to be self isolated for 14 days correct? This is really interesting know Thanks.

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I read on the Canadian immigration website, that people who received PR/CORP before March 16 2020 can land in one of the 3 airports, and everyone else that gets there PR/CORP will have to wait until June 30, 2020 when they lift the travel restrictions.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Thank you. She will wait a bit until things are settled down in Canada. Flights are reduced to only once a week. So we are targeting some time by the end of April or May and hopefully by that time, the number of infection would be stabilized. Beer is out but I stocked up wine and spirit ;)
Sounds like a good plan.
The weather is not so good here now and I heard those once per week flights are very expensive.
Hopefully things will be settled down by then and no lineups at the beer and wine store !

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Sounds like a good plan.
The weather is not so good here now and I heard those once per week flights are very expensive.
Hopefully things will be settled down by then and no lineups at the beer and wine store !
Air China is monopolizing the market now. The price is ridiculously high. And some routes to Germany and then Canada and take over 30 some hours flight time, crazy:(

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I read on the Canadian immigration website, that people who received PR/CORP before March 16 2020 can land in one of the 3 airports, and everyone else that gets there PR/CORP will have to wait until June 30, 2020 when they lift the travel restrictions.
Don't know how we are categorized, we got PPR on Feb. 28, but won't get the passport back until next Monday. So technically, we cannot travel now :)

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Ryester your approval was before March 16 so she can fly to Canada, it's just people after March 16 that have to wait to June 30 when they lift the travel restrictions, how do you know you will get the passport back by Monday?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Ryester your approval was before March 16 so she can fly to Canada, it's just people after March 16 that have to wait to June 30 when they lift the travel restrictions, how do you know you will get the passport back by Monday?
Thank you for clarifying the date. We did not study the detail yet.

The passport tracking system shows that passport is sent back to VAC Beijing from embassy so we expect the delivery from VAC Beijing happens on Monday and she should be able to receive it on Monday as in the same city, but it is possible that she would receive in on Tuesday.

vvvickyllll

Star Member
Dec 13, 2015
I just found out all airmail postal services to Canada from Hong Kong have been suspended.....
Hong Kong Police Force sent out my HKPCC on 17 March, now it is still stuck in Hong Kong.....
:(

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I just found out all airmail postal services to Canada from Hong Kong have been suspended.....
Hong Kong Police Force sent out my HKPCC on 17 March, now it is still stuck in Hong Kong.....
:(
really? That sucks! But I do find there is no direct flight from HK to Canada for passengers now.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
really? That sucks! But I do find there is no direct flight from HK to Canada for passengers now.
I mailed some masks to my husband by SF Express. According to the tracking on Mar 29, it's delivered by the direct flight from Hong Kong to Vancouver. The mail system doesn't suspend, just need more time.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I mailed some masks to my husband by SF Express. According to the tracking on Mar 29, it's delivered by the direct flight from Hong Kong to Vancouver. The mail system doesn't suspend, just need more time.
SF is cargo flight. And I believe your masks are routed to Beijing first. At present, there is no passenger flights from HK to Canada, the could be changed. Passenger can still fly to Beijing and then Canada, but expect to pay expensive air tickets

vvvickyllll

Star Member
Dec 13, 2015
The Hong Kong post announced the air mail to Canada is suspended on March 27th. And the Hong Kong police force only send out HKPCC by Hong Kong post.

Since mine is collected by Hong Kong post on March 17th, Hong Kong Post said they will still handled it but not sure when will have flight for it.

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
I have a question, I am wondering if the IRCC in Hong Kong requested PPR from mainland China applicate, where does the passport go after they receive them at the visa office in China? if the sponsorship is outland, not applied in Canada?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I have a question, I am wondering if the IRCC in Hong Kong requested PPR from mainland China applicate, where does the passport go after they receive them at the visa office in China? if the sponsorship is outland, not applied in Canada?
I believe all PPR for applicants from China which are transferred to HKVO will be processed at about a dozen VACs in China. Whereas HK will process some areas in south/east Asia other than China, e.g., Mongolia etc. If application is not transferred to HKVO, PPR will be processed in Ottawa.