+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
SF is cargo flight. And I believe your masks are routed to Beijing first. At present, there is no passenger flights from HK to Canada, the could be changed. Passenger can still fly to Beijing and then Canada, but expect to pay expensive air tickets
Nope, my masks are not routed to Beijing. SF's service is very transparent. I have checked the tracking in SF's app, and it was on the flight from Hong Kong to Vancouver. My masks are in Canada now. Air Canada doesn't suspend the flights between HK and Canada. IRCC Hong Kong's FB also mentioned it. I suggest you go check with the update news on their FB. And you can also download the app named as 'HKG my flight', which is Hong Kong airport's official app. I did check it just now, and saw one flight from Hong Kong to Canada was boarding.

Last edited:

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
The Hong Kong post announced the air mail to Canada is suspended on March 27th. And the Hong Kong police force only send out HKPCC by Hong Kong post.

Since mine is collected by Hong Kong post on March 17th, Hong Kong Post said they will still handled it but not sure when will have flight for it.
Sorry to hear that. I don't know too much about Hong Kong Post. Chinese Post also suspends the air mail to the US and Canada since Mar 28. But SF express still provides air mail service and they also give the customs warning that the deliver service may be delayed because the flights from China are limited. One airline has one flight from one country to China per week.
Hopefully the epidemic will get better soon.

Reactions: vvvickyllll

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Nope, my masks are not routed to Beijing. SF's service is very transparent. I have checked the tracking in SF's app, and it was on the flight from Hong Kong to Vancouver. My masks are in Canada now. Air Canada doesn't suspend the flights between HK and Canada. IRCC Hong Kong's FB also mentioned it. I suggest you go check with the update news on their FB. And you can also download the app named as 'HKG my flight', which is Hong Kong airport's official app. I did check it just now, and saw one flight from Hong Kong to Canada was boarding.
That is interesting. When I check flight from HK to Toronto, I got "Travel restricted to this destination" and no Air Canada flights at all. I will double check again and thank you for the information.

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Immigration Canada website says only PRs approved before March 18th may enter but later says Immediate family members may enter. It was confusing so I emailed the Chongqing consulate and they said.

"Additionally, the travel restriction also does not apply to an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen. In your case, we believe your wife should be able to enter Canada as your spouse, which is an immediate family member of you."

I don't know why people worrying about whether or not they were approved before March 18th. Our spouses are immediate family members

Mglhunter

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Immigration Canada website says only PRs approved before March 18th may enter but later says Immediate family members may enter. It was confusing so I emailed the Chongqing consulate and they said.

"Additionally, the travel restriction also does not apply to an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen. In your case, we believe your wife should be able to enter Canada as your spouse, which is an immediate family member of you."

I don't know why people worrying about whether or not they were approved before March 18th. Our spouses are immediate family members
Hey salmonarm just a generic question. How is life in Salmon Arm. Are the housing market cheap and jobs ok? Always wanting to move somewhere in BC. Looks like Alberta never will recover from double whammy.

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hey salmonarm just a generic question. How is life in Salmon Arm. Are the housing market cheap and jobs ok? Always wanting to move somewhere in BC. Looks like Alberta never will recover from double whammy.
I've been in China for the past 3.5 years and lived in Victoria for five years before that, so I'm not sure haha. Salmon Arm is a picture perfect town though, full seasons, not too hot or cold. Live there from birth to 19 years old and loved. Don't think I could move back to that small of a town right now though.

Reactions: Mglhunter

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I have been there many times. Cold in the winter and warm in the summer.
Small quiet town with lots of outdoor activities, water sports, fishing, horseback riding, etc.
Nice properties..... May be a little too quiet for some and then start to drink too much. :D

Reactions: Mglhunter

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

Regardless what they say on the web (which is also applicable to immigrants other than family category), the exclusion was not in place until a week ago. I am not even sure how airlines interpret that rule. I see many spouses were blocked at the airport worldwide in last a few weeks.

Matthewcares

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
so what your saying is if your counterpart can't enter into Canada after they get there PR documents and passport stamp? what is the ircc plan then, what happens if your spouse medical expires? this could cause so much problems for applicants that was approved.

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Regardless what they say on the web (which is also applicable to immigrants other than family category), the exclusion was not in place until a week ago. I am not even sure how airlines interpret that rule. I see many spouses were blocked at the airport worldwide in last a few weeks.
I wonder if they had proof of marriage. It says on the gov website and all embassies and consulates have said they can enter. My daughter and I will be accompanying my wife, so we shouldn't have much of an issue.
Maybe people should bring the notarized marriage papers.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so what your saying is if your counterpart can't enter into Canada after they get there PR documents and passport stamp? what is the ircc plan then, what happens if your spouse medical expires? this could cause so much problems for applicants that was approved.
They inform them via webform!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
No, she can enter now, the exclusion policy was in place on March 26. But before March 26, even the exclusion was not in place.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I wonder if they had proof of marriage. It says on the gov website and all embassies and consulates have said they can enter. My daughter and I will be accompanying my wife, so we shouldn't have much of an issue.
Maybe people should bring the notarized marriage papers.
the visa indicates it is spouse so there is no problem there, and we do have marriage certificate with public notary. How are you coming here? Which airline are you flying? I don't find any airlines flying to Canada in sane number of flight hours or money unless by the end of April or May.

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
the visa indicates it is spouse so there is no problem there, and we do have marriage certificate with public notary. How are you coming here? Which airline are you flying? I don't find any airlines flying to Canada in sane number of flight hours or money unless by the end of April or May.
The first flight I've seen is April 19th.

This is the email I got,

The purpose of this message is to inform Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada that Air China, China Eastern, China Southern, Hainan Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, and Xiamen Airlines continue to offer limited (once per week) direct flights to Canada as follows:

Air China (flight no. CA991) will depart Beijing for Vancouver every Sunday at 15:20.
China Eastern (Flight no. MU207) will depart Shanghai for Toronto every Friday at 12:05.
China Southern (Flight no. CZ329) will depart Guangzhou for Vancouver every Wednesday at 14:00.
Hainan Airlines (flight no. HU7975) will depart Beijing for Toronto every Tuesday at 14:20.
Sichaun Airlines (flight no. 3U8501) will depart Chengdu for Vancouver every Tuesday at 23:55.
Xiamen Airlines (Flight no. MF805) will depart Xiamen for Vancouver every Thursday at 22:20.

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
The first flight I've seen is April 19th.

This is the email I got,

The purpose of this message is to inform Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada that Air China, China Eastern, China Southern, Hainan Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, and Xiamen Airlines continue to offer limited (once per week) direct flights to Canada as follows:

Air China (flight no. CA991) will depart Beijing for Vancouver every Sunday at 15:20.
China Eastern (Flight no. MU207) will depart Shanghai for Toronto every Friday at 12:05.
China Southern (Flight no. CZ329) will depart Guangzhou for Vancouver every Wednesday at 14:00.
Hainan Airlines (flight no. HU7975) will depart Beijing for Toronto every Tuesday at 14:20.
Sichaun Airlines (flight no. 3U8501) will depart Chengdu for Vancouver every Tuesday at 23:55.
Xiamen Airlines (Flight no. MF805) will depart Xiamen for Vancouver every Thursday at 22:20.

Reactions: jerry22880