+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
No, not yet. I am not sure they are working on it now, so much uncertainty in the air...:(
If I remember correctly, I think your passport will be sent to Canada for processing and
then back to Beijing for delivery. Normally this will be very fast. Unfortunately with all the
recent announcements, shutdowns and delays, there is uncertainty in the air. Maybe not the
best time to arrive in Canada. Too many returning infected travelers, though I'm sure those from
Beijing are safe.

ericeric

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
I was wondering if gckey time has past the 1 year mark . Are we suppose to use webform to ask them?

ps: still waiting for dm..........

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I was wondering if gckey time has past the 1 year mark . Are we suppose to use webform to ask them?

They should send you a message around the 12 month mark. Maybe just to let you know
there are some delays with your application. Most likely caused by the BGC.
If a little past 1 year then I would send them a friendly webform inquiry.
There are a lot of virus issues happening now so you might want to be patient and stay safe.

Reactions: ericeric

ericeric

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
They should send you a message around the 12 month mark. Maybe just to let you know
there are some delays with your application. Most likely caused by the BGC.
If a little past 1 year then I would send them a friendly webform inquiry.
There are a lot of virus issues happening now so you might want to be patient and stay safe.
ok gotcha ... thanks!.....

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
If I remember correctly, I think your passport will be sent to Canada for processing and
then back to Beijing for delivery. Normally this will be very fast. Unfortunately with all the
recent announcements, shutdowns and delays, there is uncertainty in the air. Maybe not the
best time to arrive in Canada. Too many returning infected travelers, though I'm sure those from
Beijing are safe.
I don't think so. It is done in Beijing directly. I see people get back their passport back in 3 days. The tracking status also indicate it is processing in embassy/consulate China. Even after getting visa and Copr, due to the current travel restriction, we have to wait. But it is much better to wait with visa and Copr than with nothing. :)

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

No need to do anything. There is never guarantee every case will be complete in one year. Our case took almost 16 months and still not complete. If there is anything you want to check the status, ordering GCMS notes will be a better bet than sending web form

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
No need to do anything. There is never guarantee every case will be complete in one year. Our case took almost 16 months and still not complete. If there is anything you want to check the status, ordering GCMS notes will be a better bet than sending web form
Totally agree!!! IRCC HK normally doesn't reply to the emails if they think the case is handling within their time line.

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
I don't think so. It is done in Beijing directly. I see people get back their passport back in 3 days. The tracking status also indicate it is processing in embassy/consulate China. Even after getting visa and Copr, due to the current travel restriction, we have to wait. But it is much better to wait with visa and Copr than with nothing. :)
I can't see how it would be possible to return in three days. It takes the VAC a day to get it and tell you they relayed it on. It takes a a day or two for it to arrive in Beijing (I thought it was HK). Then they have to process it for at minimum a day. Then they have to send it to the VAC then back to you. I don't see how that could take three days.
We sent ours in last Friday and the VAC website still says it just dispatched it to the IRCC office.

Also, aren't family members and permanent residents still allowed in? Our spouses are both of those things.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I can't see how it would be possible to return in three days. It takes the VAC a day to get it and tell you they relayed it on. It takes a a day or two for it to arrive in Beijing (I thought it was HK). Then they have to process it for at minimum a day. Then they have to send it to the VAC then back to you. I don't see how that could take three days.
We sent ours in last Friday and the VAC website still says it just dispatched it to the IRCC office.

Also, aren't family members and permanent residents still allowed in? Our spouses are both of those things.
Yes, that is what I am wondering as well. But an applicant in China mentioned she sent the passport to VAC Beijing on March 10 and get the "big yellow envelope" back on March 13. Maybe an extreme case, as I know Beijing VAC started taking passport on March 9 and there may be not any submissions at that time. My wife's passport arrived in VAC Beijing on March 12 (it took 2 days to deliver the pass in the city!) and was dispatched to embassy on March 16 and is still in the embassy for processing.

The exemption is not in place yet. Though theoretically, they are allowed to enter Canada, in reality, they have to wait until the exemption is in place.
Workers, students and approved permanent residents who haven’t landed should not travel yet. We’ve announced exemptions but they’re not in place. Travel restrictions are still in effect for these groups.

Only Canadian citizens, and permanent residents, and some foreign nationals travelling from the United States (US) who have been in the US for at least 14 days and are asymptomatic, are able to enter Canada by air at this time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
I just tried calling border services, they said that it would be considered "non-essential" travel and that we wouldn't be able to go through. So going through CIC offices might be the only option for the time being.
I think the CIC in person landing is not an option either for now, hopefully they will come out with some other ways for inland landing. Did you get any progress on the passport ?

What about our domestic IRCC operations?
Domestic IRCC operations are reduced to critical services. We have cancelled all citizenship ceremonies, tests and retests, as well as all in-person permanent resident landing appointments and refugee claimant appointments. We are looking into alternative means to provide permanent resident landing services, including possibly by telephone. Clients will be contacted directly to reschedule their appointment.
We are also suspending non-essential settlement services and biometrics collection services at 58 Service Canada locations.

CDRom

Jan 11, 2020
So happy for everyone who got PPR email in such a short time after DM. We got our DM on Feb 26 but still waiting for PPR email.

I was wondering if anyone came across questions about EI? I am the sponsor working in Canada and due to recent situation, there's been a drop in work hours (I work full time). In normal cases I know I am eligible for EI. But how about when I am a sponsor? Am I still eligible? I read from other forums EI is not part of social assistance, so it should be okay to apply. However, some says there is a form to fill in if the sponsor is getting EI. I was wondering how it works since we already got DM, just waiting for PPR email. Many thanks and stay safe everyone!

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
So happy for everyone who got PPR email in such a short time after DM. We got our DM on Feb 26 but still waiting for PPR email.

I was wondering if anyone came across questions about EI? I am the sponsor working in Canada and due to recent situation, there's been a drop in work hours (I work full time). In normal cases I know I am eligible for EI. But how about when I am a sponsor? Am I still eligible? I read from other forums EI is not part of social assistance, so it should be okay to apply. However, some says there is a form to fill in if the sponsor is getting EI. I was wondering how it works since we already got DM, just waiting for PPR email. Many thanks and stay safe everyone!
No worries, you already have DM.
If you have to apply for EI due to these difficult circumstances that are beyond your control it will
not affect your sponsorship. Though there may be some extra delays.

CDRom

Jan 11, 2020
No worries, you already have DM.
If you have to apply for EI due to these difficult circumstances that are beyond your control it will
not affect your sponsorship. Though there may be some extra delays.
Thank you for your advice. I will wait and see if I can still stand without applying for EI. Hopefully everything will be back on track again soon.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

your sponsorship was already approved so there is no impact if you apply EI at this time. We got DM on. Jan 24 and did not get PPR until Feb. 28 so it will come in a couple of days.