+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks!
Sorry... just want to clarify how dual intent is demonstrated upon entry?
PA's immigrat intent is obvious just provide the application number and CBSA officer can look it up in their system.
none-immigrant intent is to demonstrate the PA has enough tie to home country and will leave upon temporary resident status expires.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

BTW, without demonstrating dual intent PA will be refused entry on the spot.

tttolo

Nov 25, 2019
PA's immigrat intent is obvious just provide the application number and CBSA officer can look it up in their system.
none-immigrant intent is to demonstrate the PA has enough tie to home country and will leave upon temporary resident status expires.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

BTW, without demonstrating dual intent PA will be refused entry on the spot.
Understood. Is demonstration only through communication with the officer at the entry counter or does the PA need to provide documents to show he has an intent to leave after visiting?

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Understood. Is demonstration only through communication with the officer at the entry counter or does the PA need to provide documents to show he has an intent to leave after visiting?
mostly communication, but documentations might be required. like a job verification letter from HK or real estate properties, bank accounts.etc

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
My spouse has been traveling between Canada and US several times all with me accompany. When they see the Sponsor and PA travel together they tend to understand the situation and let you pass easily.

We were never asked to demonstrate dual intent because I am traveling with PA. but we are always prepared to give a reasonable explanation and show documentations to prove her dual intent.

the only down side is I can not travel through nexus lane :(

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
better prepared, with one recent entry refusal, it might pro-long PA's background check process. I would say dont take the risk and you should travel with PA with kids even better. Officer might not ask anything.

tttolo

Nov 25, 2019
better prepared, with one recent entry refusal, it might pro-long PA's background check process. I would say dont take the risk and you should travel with PA with kids even better. Officer might not ask anything.
It's not really feasible to travel all together at this point since PA is already in HK and sponsor and the kids are in Canada. I think the officers will understand the spouse/father visiting family.
Do they know automatically know that PA is a PR applicant when he is entering or he only has to provide the information when asked? Before applying for PR, PA visited Canada on a regular basis and was only asked what the nature of travel was and how long he was staying. And the answer was always visiting family which was enough for the officers at the counter.

joshc126

Sep 12, 2019
April 11, 2019 - courier application
April 17, 2019 - application delivered
May 31, 2019 - AOR
June 2, 2019 - biometric request
June 4, 2019 - body check request
June 5, 2019 - police cert request
June 8, 2019 - move to HKVO for processing
June 20, 2019 - additional document request
July 25, 2019 - Bulletin 1 / AOR2
Sept 5, 2019 - Invitiation of Pre-arrival service
Oct 31, 2019 - Bulletin 2
Nov 1, 2019 - DM in ecas
Nov 4, 2019 - Approved in gckey
Nov 6, 2019 - COPR received

have time limit need to go to canada land
April 11, 2019 - courier application
April 17, 2019 - application delivered
May 31, 2019 - AOR
June 2, 2019 - biometric request
June 4, 2019 - body check request
June 5, 2019 - police cert request
June 8, 2019 - move to HKVO for processing
June 20, 2019 - additional document request
July 25, 2019 - Bulletin 1 / AOR2
Sept 5, 2019 - Invitiation of Pre-arrival service
Oct 31, 2019 - Bulletin 2
Nov 1, 2019 - DM in ecas
Nov 4, 2019 - Approved in gckey
Nov 6, 2019 - COPR received
what is the last day need to land to canada when you got the COPR? thanks

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
It's not really feasible to travel all together at this point since PA is already in HK and sponsor and the kids are in Canada. I think the officers will understand the spouse/father visiting family.
Do they know automatically know that PA is a PR applicant when he is entering or he only has to provide the information when asked? Before applying for PR, PA visited Canada on a regular basis and was only asked what the nature of travel was and how long he was staying. And the answer was always visiting family which was enough for the officers at the counter.
should be okay then is PA has extensive travel history to visit you and the family. just need to provide the application number to the officer at the counter and explain that he needs to go back his job or pack and prepare for moving to Canada after 3 month of stay.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
for spouse in China, I am PR living in Canada
I am a PR living in Canada and spouse from China but live in US and currently in Canada
Your application timeline is similar to mine. Our application was received June 12th. the hiccup was the file transferred to Mississauga VO first and stayed there for 4 weeks. it did not get transfer to HKVO until the bio and medical is done and approved.

I am hoping to see PPR soon.