timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
It looks like we all got stuck at BGC stage.:eek: 007 is on vacation and we have to wait until he is back.:D
LOL!!! We are waiting too... I somehow got the feeling that the decision might come before the GCMS note arrives in my email......

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
hey folks,

Anyone knows what is the current processing timeline like? We have not got AOR2 from Hongkong yet. I see from the tracker some will get AOR2 from sent day took about 2-3 weeks. then after that no one has any solid days so kind of hard to see the current trend.

Anyone knows if it will take 4-5 month for processing in Hong Kong?

Our timeline
RD: June 11th
AOR1: July 31st
SA: August 26th
Transfer to Mississauga: August 30th
BR: August 22nd
MR: August 23rd
MP: September 5th,
Biometric done: September 13th
Transfer to Hong Kong: Sepetmber 23rd

It is strange my wife's application was sent to hong kong. We have been living in Canada for almost 1 year now and have been in the states for several years never went back to China. She need free of travel between Canada and US so applied as outland. I was told that since she is already in Canada so her application would be processed domestically. and we found out yesterday it was sent to hong kong office for further processing from Mississauga.
Most of us got sent to Hong Kong. like west mountain said, it is mostly because of the need of background check... honestly, timeline is not comparable in most cases as applications are unique on their own. you might be able to hear something from IRCC after 8 months starting from the date they received your file. but there is no guarantee that this is gonna happen to everyone. The longest timeline is 1 year. so hope the best, prep for the worst...

today marks our applications 7 months into the process... RD on March 28, transferred to Hong Kong on Jun 10, and receiving Pre-arrival letter on Aug 7.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Most of us got sent to Hong Kong. like west mountain said, it is mostly because of the need of background check... honestly, timeline is not comparable in most cases as applications are unique on their own. you might be able to hear something from IRCC after 8 months starting from the date they received your file. but there is no guarantee that this is gonna happen to everyone. The longest timeline is 1 year. so hope the best, prep for the worst...

today marks our applications 7 months into the process... RD on March 28, transferred to Hong Kong on Jun 10, and receiving Pre-arrival letter on Aug 7.
Thank you for the response. I have read on other boards after PRE HKVO will determine whether interview or not. if no need for interview then DM right away.

I hope your case will wrap up and approved soon then it will shed some light in our application.

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Thank you for the response. I have read on other boards after PRE HKVO will determine whether interview or not. if no need for interview then DM right away.

I hope your case will wrap up and approved soon then it will shed some light in our application.
You are right! The next step would be interview or, if lucky, directly DM. I certainly hope that whatever the next step is comes sooner as my wife starts to get unhappy about being separated from me... lol Thanks and good luck to you too!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

Oct 3 will be marking 10 months after our application was received. For all Chinese applications, there will 7 days delay due to the national day holidays. Canadian embassy and consulates will celebrate as well :p

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Oct 3 will be marking 10 months after our application was received. For all Chinese applications, there will 7 days delay due to the national day holidays. Canadian embassy and consulates will celebrate as well :p
Wait... I checked their schedule and on their website, they are only off on 1st, 7th, and 14th of October... did I get it wrong??

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
I'm sure the Consulate officers in HK will be celebrating with their gas masks ready?
Maybe a good time to work some extra hours:rolleyes:
I have mixed feeling with the thing happening in HK... the idea is good but the mean is too overwhelming and might slow down our cases, especially given that Canadian IRCC officers are known for their resemblance of Lightning the Sloth...

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I have mixed feeling with the thing happening in HK... the idea is good but the mean is too overwhelming and might slow down our cases, especially given that Canadian IRCC officers are known for their resemblance of Lightning the Sloth...
Seems like many are stuck in background check so it may not have anything to do with the case workers.
Wonder if it's something to do with the 3rd party BGC company being more cautious regarding the HK issues?
Or maybe the ' sloths ' focus has changed to other workloads. Who knows, many possibilities.
All you can do is wait.

Reactions: timothyltl