+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
How long it takes to send a document from HK to Canada Sydney, NS office ?

HK police sent the police certificate to Canada 3 weeks ago and CIC still haven't received it, is it normal?
If you have tracking information, it is better to check with the courier. It is hard to say how long the mail will take.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
i see. Do you mind update me here if you have any progress ? since we share similar timeline, i just want to have a benchmark and see if there is anything unusual on my application
Yes, of course. So far, no further information from IRCC and it is still in BGC stage.

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
I got AOR1, Bio Req/Pass, Med Exam Reg and Pass all between Aug 28 and Sep 5th, in that order. (BGC has been in progress since AOR1)

However, I have heard nothing of a transfer to Mississauga or HK. I often see Medical req after Visa office change.

I don't think anything is wrong, but am wondering if this ordering has any significance. I have seen some cases not even receive a VO transer and simply receive a DM and PPR, maybe I'm this ?

PA is from Sichuan, China. We have a 6 mo. baby together who already has a Canadian passport.

Reactions: tuitui509

peggyc

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hi, May I know how to apply? Is it through agent or myself?
Do you mean applying the GCMS note? There are different companies online helping you to apply for the note. Just google GCMS note and then compare the price, fill up your details and send it over. The note processing time is around 30 days

peggyc

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Yes, I did. It was sent to us on Apr. 17. We applied by ourselves.
Thanks, we do share very similar timeline. I received my invitation letter about your time as well. Hopefully we both can receive the DM and COPR in the coming few weeks. Finger cross

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Thanks, we do share very similar timeline. I received my invitation letter about your time as well. Hopefully we both can receive the DM and COPR in the coming few weeks. Finger cross
Invitation letter is positive......Just stay hopeful and ' wait it out '.
Each application is unique with it's own set of circumstances. Be prepared.
We received DM after 7 months and PPR 2 weeks later.
Frustrating process but no regrets!

Last edited:
Reactions: ryester

ericeric

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
I got AOR1, Bio Req/Pass, Med Exam Reg and Pass all between Aug 28 and Sep 5th, in that order. (BGC has been in progress since AOR1)

However, I have heard nothing of a transfer to Mississauga or HK. I often see Medical req after Visa office change.

I don't think anything is wrong, but am wondering if this ordering has any significance. I have seen some cases not even receive a VO transer and simply receive a DM and PPR, maybe I'm this ?

PA is from Sichuan, China. We have a 6 mo. baby together who already has a Canadian passport.
hi there, i have couple questions might need your help ! I am gonna have a baby in china this year of dec. how hard was it to apply for the Canadian passport for the baby? What process did u have to go through? How long did it took until they issue the passport for the baby? Did you have to bring the baby to the embassy to show them as well?

I am Canadian and my wife is from Henan china.

Thanks!

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
hi there, i have couple questions might need your help ! I am gonna have a baby in china this year of dec. how hard was it to apply for the Canadian passport for the baby? What process did u have to go through? How long did it took until they issue the passport for the baby? Did you have to bring the baby to the embassy to show them as well?

I am Canadian and my wife is from Henan china.

Thanks!
Hey! It's super easy ! Just find the nearest consulate near you and make an appointment online. You should request a limited validity passport of 2 years for your baby. You can email the consulate to see what exactly they want. I had to bring my wife, our daughter, our marriage certificate, wife's national ID, baby's birth certificate, the photos (with req. info on back one ONE copy, other copy blank), my Canadian passport and I even brought my drivers license because they like extra ID. All non-English documents have to be translated and you should have the translator stamp the translated docs with so they supply their name and the name of the company. Our marriage papers were notarized, which is even optimal.

The passport will come in about 6 weeks and the citizenship certificate will come in about a year. (note: I sent baby's citizenship certificate to my dad's place in Canada because in a year we should be there. You can send the passport and citizenship cert to different addresses)

Hopes this helps ! Make sure to looks online for photo details and exactly what to bring. And definitely don't forget the wife and the baby when you go to apply !!

Oh yah, if you put a Chinese name on the birth cert then they will put it on the passport and citizenship cert (in pinyin).

Reactions: ericeric

map555

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Do you mean applying the GCMS note? There are different companies online helping you to apply for the note. Just google GCMS note and then compare the price, fill up your details and send it over. The note processing time is around 30 days
thanks. any suggestions for the secure company? or which one did you apply?

ericeric

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hey! It's super easy ! Just find the nearest consulate near you and make an appointment online. You should request a limited validity passport of 2 years for your baby. You can email the consulate to see what exactly they want. I had to bring my wife, our daughter, our marriage certificate, wife's national ID, baby's birth certificate, the photos (with req. info on back one ONE copy, other copy blank), my Canadian passport and I even brought my drivers license because they like extra ID. All non-English documents have to be translated and you should have the translator stamp the translated docs with so they supply their name and the name of the company. Our marriage papers were notarized, which is even optimal.

The passport will come in about 6 weeks and the citizenship certificate will come in about a year. (note: I sent baby's citizenship certificate to my dad's place in Canada because in a year we should be there. You can send the passport and citizenship cert to different addresses)

Hopes this helps ! Make sure to looks online for photo details and exactly what to bring. And definitely don't forget the wife and the baby when you go to apply !!

Oh yah, if you put a Chinese name on the birth cert then they will put it on the passport and citizenship cert (in pinyin).
THANKYOU!