+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Magyy323

Aug 28, 2019
Hi, I just new to join this group , may I ask a question, after submit the application form how long I have to wait until I get the PR. After successfully get the PR, is there any timeline restrictions that I must leave Hk. Thank you so much

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi, I just new to join this group , may I ask a question, after submit the application form how long I have to wait until I get the PR. After successfully get the PR, is there any timeline restrictions that I must leave Hk. Thank you so much
What category are you filing your PR? For spouse family category, it is 1 year. I don't know the timeline for other categories. Normally, the visa for entry will be valid for 6 months to 1 years, so you have to enter Canada with 6 months or 1 years after issuance.

Tinababy

Jul 25, 2019
Hi,
Just received this email.
Is this a AOR2 or a letter request documents? The documents the letter refer to have already been sent with our application. Do we really resend them again? And I did not find anything about requesting document in her account.

Thank you for any input.

Follow is the email.

Date: August 15, 2019

name
address

Email:xxx

UCI: xxx

Application: xxx

Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates.

Dear name

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review.

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.

Ø If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).

Ø Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

Ø If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

For the principal applicant:

Ø If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). To avoid processing delays, we strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.

For all dependent children, whether accompanying or not:

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the original hospital birth certificate. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a scanned notarized copy of the original Medical Certificate of Birth issued by the Ministry of Health of the People’s Republic of China (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted).

If you submitted your application on or before July 31, 2014 and you have dependent children 22 and over:

Ø Evidence that (s)he has been continuously enrolled in and attending a post-secondary institution that is accredited by the relevant government authority, and that (s)he is actively pursuing a course of academic, professional or vocational training on a full-time basis. Documentation must include transcripts.
OR

Ø Evidence that (s)he is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.

If you submitted your application between August 1, 2014 and October 23, 2017 and you have dependent children 19 and over:

Ø Evidence that (s)he is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.

If you submitted your application on or after October 24, 2017 and have dependent children 22 and over::

*Note: To review the definition of a dependent child, please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html

All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

The above documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application. This may result in the refusal of your application.

Documents should be submitted by mail or courier to:

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
8/F, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay
Hong Kong

PART TWO – GENERAL INFORMATION

I think I could get you the right answer since I wrote a letter to HK VO. See below their answer:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong.

Please be advised that according to the instructions in our AORP letter which was sent by email to you on 28 March 2019, items which begin with “if not yet submitted” do not need to be resubmitted if they have previously been submitted and if there are no changes of updates. Items which do not begin with “if not yet submitted” will have be newly completed and/or submitted no matter whether they have previously been submitted or not and even if there are no changes or updates.

We hope that this information will be of assistance.

Magyy323

Aug 28, 2019
What category are you filing your PR? For spouse family category, it is 1 year. I don't know the timeline for other categories. Normally, the visa for entry will be valid for 6 months to 1 years, so you have to enter Canada with 6 months or 1 years after issuance.
Yes , i m using spouse category for apply but I haven’t fill up the form yet, coz I need to calculate the time when I should leave Hk. Coz I read those information form web, but I can’t find any related info . So thank you so much

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes , i m using spouse category for apply but I haven’t fill up the form yet, coz I need to calculate the time when I should leave Hk. Coz I read those information form web, but I can’t find any related info . So thank you so much
Usually you have to land to Canada within a year of your medical examination or the expiry date of your passport, whichever is sooner.

Magyy323

Aug 28, 2019
Usually you have to land to Canada within a year of your medical examination or the expiry date of your passport, whichever is sooner.

Thanks ! So After land to Canada, am I allow to leave and back to Hk for stay another years ? Also I thought spouse category are no longer to do the medical check , so what if the medical check fail, will it be allow to continue the process ? Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ! So After land to Canada, am I allow to leave and back to Hk for stay another years ?
Certainly. You can leave and stay in HK or anywhere for another few years. Just mind your residency obligation once you landed.

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Hi,
Just received this email.
Is this a AOR2 or a letter request documents? The documents the letter refer to have already been sent with our application. Do we really resend them again? And I did not find anything about requesting document in her account.

Thank you for any input.

Follow is the email.

Date: August 15, 2019

name
address

Email:xxx

UCI: xxx

Application: xxx

Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates.

Dear name

This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review.

PART ONE – DOCUMENT REQUEST

In order to prepare your application for further processing, the following documentation must be received by our office within 30 days from the date of this letter:

For the principal applicant and all dependents, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of Hukou (household register) if you reside in the People’s Republic of China or Taiwan, accompanied by a notarized translation into either English or French. Translation must be part of the notarized booklet.

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport. DO NOT submit your original passport at this time.

Ø If not yet submitted: Two (2) recent photos respecting precise specifications that can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

For the principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over, whether accompanying you to Canada or not:

Ø Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).

Ø Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406)

Ø If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18. For instructions on how to obtain police certificates for specific countries, click here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.

For the principal applicant:

Ø If not yet paid and not exempt: Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). To avoid processing delays, we strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and to submit a copy of your receipt to our office. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.

For all dependent children, whether accompanying or not:

Ø If not yet submitted: Copy of the original hospital birth certificate. For children born in the People’s Republic of China: You must submit a scanned notarized copy of the original Medical Certificate of Birth issued by the Ministry of Health of the People’s Republic of China (If this is not available, you must submit an explanation as to why this document cannot be submitted).

If you submitted your application on or before July 31, 2014 and you have dependent children 22 and over:

Ø Evidence that (s)he has been continuously enrolled in and attending a post-secondary institution that is accredited by the relevant government authority, and that (s)he is actively pursuing a course of academic, professional or vocational training on a full-time basis. Documentation must include transcripts.
OR

If you submitted your application between August 1, 2014 and October 23, 2017 and you have dependent children 19 and over:

If you submitted your application on or after October 24, 2017 and have dependent children 22 and over::

*Note: To review the definition of a dependent child, please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html

All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

The above documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application. This may result in the refusal of your application.

Documents should be submitted by mail or courier to:

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
8/F, Berkshire House, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay
Hong Kong

PART TWO – GENERAL INFORMATION

Yep.. that's what I did. Resent them some of the documents and updated forms...

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
Any update on your end, mate? I've got nothing after the pre-arrival letter...

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
anyone know how long it takes the registered mail from HK to Nova Scotia?

HK police recently mailed the PCC to NS office and wonder how long it will take (since Canada post killed the registered mail tracking system)

peggyc

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Anyone has experience applying the GCMS note? Will that affect your application progress if you apply one?

I saw many web site claiming that this is the most accurate way to know your application status and will not affect your current application status

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Anyone has experience applying the GCMS note? Will that affect your application progress if you apply one?

I saw many web site claiming that this is the most accurate way to know your application status and will not affect your current application status
Ordering the notes will not affect your application. Just gives you some insight.
If you are concerned about your status then order the notes. I have done that within Canada
and it took about a month to receive them. Many pages of which only a few were of any value.
I think the agents reviewing your file would know you ordered them but it should not make any difference.
So, if your application is straight forward without any concerns then just ' wait it out '.