+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi all

I am applying inland CEC with my common-law spouse and we both come from Hong Kong

CIC sent me a request letter for PCC and the letter contain my name only, I was wondering do I also need one for my girlfriend? (Spouse)
Why don't you ask IRCC directly?

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Why don't you ask IRCC directly?
I will explain it more clearly

I am the principal applicants and my spouse is dependent, we are both Hong Kong citizen but we lived in Canada most of the time since 18years to now (we are 25). We traveled back to HK in every summer vacation for 1-2 months, so total was more than 6 months

I called CIC agent but they have different answers, one agent said only follow the name on the letter (so my spouse doesn't need), other said to raise a CSE webform to ask. (I did but it takes 10 days to reply)

What is your suggestion? thanks

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I will explain it more clearly

I am the principal applicants and my spouse is dependent, we are both Hong Kong citizen but we lived in Canada most of the time since 18years to now (we are 25). We traveled back to HK in every summer vacation for 1-2 months, so total was more than 6 months

I called CIC agent but they have different answers, one agent said only follow the name on the letter (so my spouse doesn't need), other said to raise a CSE webform to ask. (I did but it takes 10 days to reply)

What is your suggestion? thanks
I suggest that you talk to no one but IRCC for a definitive answer. No one in this forum can give you authoritative answer on this matter but from speculation or previous experience.

timothyltl

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HK VO
You can argue/challenge with them or you can simply follow the instruction. It is up to you how to "play" their game and take consequences ;)

And you need to pay very specification attention to the requirement of IMM 5669.
Thank you Ryester!

We ended up following their instructions as you guys recommended! What we did was:
1. Submitted the notarized residence booklet, another copy of the bio-data page of my wife's valid password, updated Schedule A, updated Additional Family Information form
2. Although this is not the official letter from VO for requesting Hong Kong Police Certificate, I asked my wife to go get it anyways. And Hong Kong Police did accept the application. So we sent a copy of the receipt from Hong Kong Police along with the other documents mentioned above to HK VO.

All these things were sent to HK VO around Jun 24. And then we got an email from them titled Bulletin 1 just earlier today. So, I think we are good, right?

BTW, sorry if this is a dumb question... what is this Bulletin 1 email? What does it stand for??

Thanks!!

Last edited:

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Thank you Ryester!

We ended up following their instructions as you guys recommended! What we did was:
1. Submitted the notarized residence booklet, another copy of the bio-data page of my wife's valid password, updated Schedule A, updated Additional Family Information form
2. Although this is not the official letter from VO for requesting Hong Kong Police Certificate, I asked my wife to go get it anyways. And Hong Kong Police did accept the application. So we sent a copy of the receipt from Hong Kong Police along with the other documents mentioned above to HK VO.

All these things were sent to HK VO around Jun 24. And then we got an email from them titled Bulletin 1 just earlier today. So, I think we are good, right?

BTW, sorry if this is a dumb question... what is this Bulletin 1 email? What does it stand for??

Thanks!!
Congratulations! Your effort will pay off. Bulletin 1 is just a routine welcome letter for accepting your immigration application, nothing special but it is a good indicator that your application is moving along. Next, you would expect to receive PreArrival letter is your relationship is regarded as genuine. And then Bulletin 2 letter.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
2 months passed since BGC started...and no sign of completion
Depending on your personal circumstances 2 months is acceptable.
Has your spouse traveled or worked in other countries?
If their ' slate is clean ' ? Then I would expect to hear something soon.
Order the notes and hang in there!
Too hot here now anyway....All you can do is take cold showers.
Even the beer is warm.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Depending on your personal circumstances 2 months is acceptable.
Has your spouse traveled or worked in other countries?
If their ' slate is clean ' ? Then I would expect to hear something soon.
Order the notes and hang in there!
Too hot here now anyway....All you can do is take cold showers.
Even the beer is warm.
Haha, ok, I will take a cold shower and get drunk, or maybe not in that order:D

ranabibi33

Mar 14, 2019
Hello everyone,

I received the "Invitation to pre-arrival services" letter two days ago (Aug. 6). From what I have read so far, I believe this means that our relationship is genuine. I just hope they don't ask us for an interview or more documents because that will extend the process.

Also, ever since I linked my application, it said that the background was in process, but it changed to "we'll send you a message when we start your background check" two days ago (Aug. 6). Today, it was updated to "we are processing your background check" again. Not sure what's going on.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hello everyone,

I received the "Invitation to pre-arrival services" letter two days ago (Aug. 6). From what I have read so far, I believe this means that our relationship is genuine. I just hope they don't ask us for an interview or more documents because that will extend the process.

Also, ever since I linked my application, it said that the background was in process, but it changed to "we'll send you a message when we start your background check" two days ago (Aug. 6). Today, it was updated to "we are processing your background check" again. Not sure what's going on.
Congratulations!
Nobody is sure what exactly is going on, but everybody is sure something is going on.:D So just wait for further information from IRCC.

peggyc

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hello everyone,

May i ask what category of immigration visa you are applying for ?