Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
leavingchina said:
I got DM in ECAS today.

Canadian man sponsoring Mainland Chinese wife, one child, OUTBOUND.

July 15, 2015 - Applied
August 13, 2015 - AOR
August 15, 2015 - Sponsor approval
September 28, 2015 - Application sent to HK visa office
March 3, 2016 - Decision made

No passport request yet! Should my wife be expecting this soon by letter/email?
Great News!! Congrats!

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Ronnn said:
Hi all, go over the forum and found I received the email most of you guys/gals received. But I have few questions:

¨ Updated Schedule A: imm5669E. You must declare your personal history from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).
Already submitted the imm5669E when we submit our application like 3 months ago, do we have to redo and update it?

¨ If not yet submitted: Original police certificates from each country in which you or your dependants (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) have spent 6 consecutive months or more since the age of 18. If you are unable to submit police certificate(s) within the 30 day deadline, submit proof of having applied for the certificate with your package.
Anyone know how long it takes for police to prepare this certificate?
= If you already provide information since you are 18, no update is needed.
= if you have something new to update (new place, or new job or whatever in the last 3 months, you better submit updated form

= HK police certificate will be issued within 4 weeks and will be sent directly to HKVO, just submit your receipt as a proof that you already have it in process.

good luck

Ronnn

Nov 26, 2015
waiwera said:
= If you already provide information since you are 18, no update is needed.
= if you have something new to update (new place, or new job or whatever in the last 3 months, you better submit updated form

= HK police certificate will be issued within 4 weeks and will be sent directly to HKVO, just submit your receipt as a proof that you already have it in process.

good luck

Thanks for your quick response.
Just scheduled an appoint to get the police certificate

mtl11

May 27, 2011
Hello.

Does the HK Police require the "original letter from the Canadian Consulate General requesting a police certificate" in order to issue a certificate?

Because I just noticed now that I was supposed to tell them: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”

If the HK Police does indeed require that certificate, how do I go about asking CIC for the request letter? Perpetually confused over what the best way to contact them is.

Thanks

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
mtl11 said:
Hello.

Does the HK Police require the "original letter from the Canadian Consulate General requesting a police certificate" in order to issue a certificate?

Because I just noticed now that I was supposed to tell them: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”

If the HK Police does indeed require that certificate, how do I go about asking CIC for the request letter? Perpetually confused over what the best way to contact them is.

Thanks
when I applied, I just brought a print out of the email I received from CIC about their request of police certificate.
it worked well though. good luck

summersunsunfan

Jan 27, 2016
mtl11 said:
Hello.

Thanks
Yes just bring the AOR2 letter with your UCI number on it.

Ronnn

Nov 26, 2015
mtl11 said:
Hello.

Thanks
Yup, just went to Police head qty this noon and completed the police cert requested. I just showed them the email from CIC, everything is good.

Anything else need to do afterward?

Notice many of you mentioned AOR2? Is the email I received from HKVO means AOR2?
Usually how long it takes them to process my case? Say my spouse completed medical exam and will send the police cert receipt to them tomorrow.

hfts

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016(police clearance request. PC sent to HKVO on 30-03-2016)
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
24-02-2015, 16-03-2016(redo)
Interview........
08-03-2016 (Approved at interview)
Passport Req..
No ppr(HK passport holder)
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2016(COPR, no visa needed)
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
I have interview tmr on March 8, 2016. I am very nervous, and don't know what to expect, anybody can share their experience?

summersunsunfan

Jan 27, 2016
Ronnn said:
Yup, just went to Police head qty this noon and completed the police cert requested. I just showed them the email from CIC, everything is good.

Anything else need to do afterward?

Notice many of you mentioned AOR2? Is the email I received from HKVO means AOR2?
Usually how long it takes them to process my case? Say my spouse completed medical exam and will send the police cert receipt to them tomorrow.
Yes that's AOR2
Not sure how long, guess at least 3 months to wait.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
cicong said:
This is absolutely ridiculous! Is this the first time you ordered your notes? I ordered mine for the 2nd time 2 weeks ago. When they come in and if I don't see my application being started yet, I will go after my MP until I receive a satisfactory response.

PS. I also received the request for 2nd medical and any outstanding paperwork, but in early Feb.
Hi cicong, curious how I should fill out the IMM5744E, I am the sponsor (canadian) requested the notes for my wife (PA). Who's info go into Section A and B?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf

Thanks!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hfts said:
I have interview tmr on March 8, 2016. I am very nervous, and don't know what to expect, anybody can share their experience?
Interview means VO have doubts about your relationship and this is your chance to disperse those doubts.
- Bring as much new evidence of relationship as possible : letters from family, friends about your relationship. Evidence of any trips or time spent together since the application was filed. Communication history since application was filed.
- I don't know your specific situation but you should know what could be the RED flags in your relationship - prepare yourself to answer that. If you had GCMS notes before, you can read the officer notes section to see what might have triggered the interview.
- Be calm, be true, show up with a spouse if that is feasible. Be prepared to answer what are your plans of life together and ALSO what will you do in case you will be rejected. I assume you also able to answer many personal questions about each other.

doradetw

Jan 29, 2016
DM today!!! Received an email from HKVO. The e-mail ask to complete the following steps within 30 days.
STEP 1: Change in Circumstances
STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

I thought for Taiwan app will send out corp directly. Well anyways, I am going to send out the passport copy and photos to HKVO tomorrow

Hope everyone else will receive PPR/DM!!

Here is my timeline,
07/16/2015 Applied
08/16/2015 AOR
09/15/2015 App sent to HKVO
10/02/2015 Medical Request
10/15/2015 Medical Exame Received
03/07/2016 DM

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
JYC said:
Hi cicong, curious how I should fill out the IMM5744E, I am the sponsor (canadian) requested the notes for my wife (PA). Who's info go into Section A and B?

Thanks!
You have to fill in section A, your wife has to fill in section B and sign. Put your name and email in section C as well.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
So online status just updated this line on my wife's online profile.

"We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 25, 2015."

Are they seriously just updating this info NOW?!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sashali78 said:
Quote from: JYC on March 07, 2016, 09:10:17 am

Thanks!

You have to fill in section A, your wife has to fill in section B and sign. Put your name and email in section C as well.
No, the other way around. Section A is the person who authorizes the release of the information.