+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
sashali78 said:
No, the other way around. Section A is the person who authorizes the release of the information.
Section B says if you are also requesting your spouse's info, they should complete that section. Isnt JYC seeking to release his own files as well as his wife's?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cicong said:
Section B says if you are also requesting your spouse's info, they should complete that section. Isnt JYC seeking to release his own files as well as his wife's?
His wife is the PA. He requests her info - so she must sign Part A as one giving her consent.
He is the husband, so he needs to sign Part B so his information can be released to the authorized person as well.
Part C is the person to whom information is being released. He needs to fill his details again.
As in this case he is both the husband and the person getting the information - it seems that part B does not need to be filled, however, as he is requesting information under the Access to Information act and not under the Privacy Act its better to sign part B as well

hfts

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016(police clearance request. PC sent to HKVO on 30-03-2016)
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
24-02-2015, 16-03-2016(redo)
Interview........
08-03-2016 (Approved at interview)
Passport Req..
No ppr(HK passport holder)
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2016(COPR, no visa needed)
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
sashali78 said:
Interview means VO have doubts about your relationship and this is your chance to disperse those doubts.
- Bring as much new evidence of relationship as possible : letters from family, friends about your relationship. Evidence of any trips or time spent together since the application was filed. Communication history since application was filed.
- I don't know your specific situation but you should know what could be the RED flags in your relationship - prepare yourself to answer that. If you had GCMS notes before, you can read the officer notes section to see what might have triggered the interview.
- Be calm, be true, show up with a spouse if that is feasible. Be prepared to answer what are your plans of life together and ALSO what will you do in case you will be rejected. I assume you also able to answer many personal questions about each other.
Thank you. Yes I understand there's many red flags but this is a genuine marriage, we are planning to have kids within three yrs. I just hope they will consider my proofs and answers even red flags exist. I was just there in Canada with my husband from May 2015 til Jan 2016. Anyhow , thank you for your information, hopefully it will go smoothly

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
hfts said:
Thank you. Yes I understand there's many red flags but this is a genuine marriage, we are planning to have kids within three yrs. I just hope they will consider my proofs and answers even red flags exist. I was just there in Canada with my husband from May 2015 til Jan 2016. Anyhow , thank you for your information, hopefully it will go smoothly
Did you guys have a big asian wedding reception with lots of pictures?

hfts

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
cicong said:
Did you guys have a big asian wedding reception with lots of pictures?
No, not at all, my husband is Canadian. We didn't even have a wedding, just a civil ceremony, just me and him and two witnesses. It was a big red flag for them but we didn't want an actual wedding since my family is not very supportive with this interracial relationship so they did not want to attend the wedding. I just did the interview today and I was just speaking truthfully about our marriage. She asked a lot of my husband's information, which of course I know it all. At the end she said I know there's many red flags and it happens, but I don't see any problem with your case so I will approve it. You will receive an email to request for police clearance and redo medical examination since its expired.
The whole interview last for 30 mins I'm so happy!!!! Now I just have to wait for the request. Best day ever, my husband and I can finally start our lives together.

cece2016

Mar 8, 2016
Great to hear the July applicants receiving DM!
I am September applicant and hope to hear news from HKVO office soon.

Just wondering does anyone here also applied for US police clearance from the FBI? It takes about 16 -18 weeks to get it competed and I am still waiting mine. I am afraid it's gonna delay my PR application :-[

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
hfts said:
No, not at all, my husband is Canadian. We didn't even have a wedding, just a civil ceremony, just me and him and two witnesses. It was a big red flag for them but we didn't want an actual wedding since my family is not very supportive with this interracial relationship so they did not want to attend the wedding. I just did the interview today and I was just speaking truthfully about our marriage. She asked a lot of my husband's information, which of course I know it all. At the end she said I know there's many red flags and it happens, but I don't see any problem with your case so I will approve it. You will receive an email to request for police clearance and redo medical examination since its expired.
The whole interview last for 30 mins I'm so happy!!!! Now I just have to wait for the request. Best day ever, my husband and I can finally start our lives together.
GREAT NEWS!! So happy for you and your husband. Congrats and enjoy your new adventure ahead ;D ;D ;D

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
doradetw said:
DM today!!! Received an email from HKVO. The e-mail ask to complete the following steps within 30 days.
STEP 1: Change in Circumstances
STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

I thought for Taiwan app will send out corp directly. Well anyways, I am going to send out the passport copy and photos to HKVO tomorrow

Hope everyone else will receive PPR/DM!!

Here is my timeline,
07/16/2015 Applied
08/16/2015 AOR
09/15/2015 App sent to HKVO
10/02/2015 Medical Request
10/15/2015 Medical Exame Received
03/07/2016 DM
Congrats!

Don't you have to send your package to Taipei if you are in Taiwan? You said you are sending to HKVO. Copied from my wife's email ...

If you reside in Taiwan, you must submit your package to the Visa Application Centre in Taiwan:

Canada Visa Application Centre VFS Taiwan Ltd.
7F Unit A, No 97 Song Ren Road, Exchange Square 2,
Xin Yi District, Taipei 11073

hfts

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
waiwera said:
GREAT NEWS!! So happy for you and your husband. Congrats and enjoy your new adventure ahead ;D ;D ;D
Thank you

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
sashali78 said:
His wife is the PA. He requests her info - so she must sign Part A as one giving her consent.
He is the husband, so he needs to sign Part B so his information can be released to the authorized person as well.
Part C is the person to whom information is being released. He needs to fill his details again.
As in this case he is both the husband and the person getting the information - it seems that part B does not need to be filled, however, as he is requesting information under the Access to Information act and not under the Privacy Act its better to sign part B as well
Thanks sashali78, just need a clarification because Section B talked about my spouse confuses the hell out of me.

cicong said:
Thanks cicong,I was kind of thinking about that before and then why should I need to consent myself to release my spouse's information. Any how I won't be able to obtain her signature now, so if I need the notes early I guess I would put me in A and my wife in B, worse case scenario I will lose $5.

doradetw

Jan 29, 2016
smoothsailing said:
Congrats!

Don't you have to send your package to Taipei if you are in Taiwan? You said you are sending to HKVO. Copied from my wife's email ...

If you reside in Taiwan, you must submit your package to the Visa Application Centre in Taiwan:

Canada Visa Application Centre VFS Taiwan Ltd.
7F Unit A, No 97 Song Ren Road, Exchange Square 2,
Xin Yi District, Taipei 11073
Thanks for your reminder soomthsailing. At first I thogut the same. After read through the e-mail again, for country that does not require Visa to Canada needs to send the package to HKVO directly. The Taipei VO only received those case that need Visa to Canada.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
hfts said:
Congrats! Me and my wife don't have much friends, so we didn't have a big wedding either. Both of us are chinese, we got married at a chapel in Vegas and only both of our parents attended our wedding, so it is kind of controversial to the big banquet traditional chinese wedding. I think this is going to be a red flag, so we are already kind of prepared for an interview.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
hfts said:
Glad to hear it!! Best wishes

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
JYC said:
Thanks sashali78, just need a clarification because Section B talked about my spouse confuses the hell out of me.

Thanks cicong,I was kind of thinking about that before and then why should I need to consent myself to release my spouse's information. Any how I won't be able to obtain her signature now, so if I need the notes early I guess I would put me in A and my wife in B, worse case scenario I will lose $5.
For what it's worth, I did it my way and it was fine. They released 1 document that showed both my and my wife's application info.

hfts

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
JYC said:
Congrats! Me and my wife don't have much friends, so we didn't have a big wedding either. Both of us are chinese, we got married at a chapel in Vegas and only both of our parents attended our wedding, so it is kind of controversial to the big banquet traditional chinese wedding. I think this is going to be a red flag, so we are already kind of prepared for an interview.
Both of our parents didn't even attend plus we have completely different cultures and backgrounds, but we still passed. Just answer truthfully, and provide as much as evidence you have and you will be fine. Best of luck