waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
hfts said:
No, not at all, my husband is Canadian. We didn't even have a wedding, just a civil ceremony, just me and him and two witnesses. It was a big red flag for them but we didn't want an actual wedding since my family is not very supportive with this interracial relationship so they did not want to attend the wedding. I just did the interview today and I was just speaking truthfully about our marriage. She asked a lot of my husband's information, which of course I know it all. At the end she said I know there's many red flags and it happens, but I don't see any problem with your case so I will approve it. You will receive an email to request for police clearance and redo medical examination since its expired.
The whole interview last for 30 mins I'm so happy!!!! Now I just have to wait for the request. Best day ever, my husband and I can finally start our lives together.
Congratulations!!!!!! Would you please add your timeline on our spreadsheet to help out others especially for those applicants have interview in the future cuz there are not much info about the interview you can find, thank you kindly! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eOaxOWPSTJxIFaEYCcAYBAbzv62DPAUH9hYXZ3jSvfI/edit#gid=972172818

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
cicong said:
So online status just updated this line on my wife's online profile.

"We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 25, 2015."

Are they seriously just updating this info NOW?!
It could be a positive sign, when this line showed up on my ECAS, I got DM within a month after that (I think maybe two weeks-ish). Don't quote me on that but I think at least it shows they are working on your wife's case.

hfts

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016(police clearance request. PC sent to HKVO on 30-03-2016)
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
24-02-2015, 16-03-2016(redo)
Interview........
08-03-2016 (Approved at interview)
Passport Req..
No ppr(HK passport holder)
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2016(COPR, no visa needed)
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
Hello everyone, after interview yesterday, I have received medical and police clearance request today by email.

Does anyone know if I need to obtain Canada police clearance for the time I spent in Canada previously ? Or just other countries?

lonelyguy

Apr 21, 2015
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb09
Doc's Request.
June/10th
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
April 23rd
Med's Done....
Done before(January),renewed, April 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May/09th/16
VISA ISSUED...
May 17th/16.
LANDED..........
22nd/2016
Didn't you submit Police clearance before when you applied?if you did, the same you submitted at the begining the same you need to submit again no change only that they have expired.If you did not before, then m not sure if it all the country where you resided, or just where you live now, but it is explained in appendix of application forms.

hfts

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
lonelyguy said:
Didn't you submit Police clearance before when you applied?if you did, the same you submitted at the begining the same you need to submit again no change only that they have expired.If you did not before, then m not sure if it all the country where you resided, or just where you live now, but it is explained in appendix of application forms.
No , I did not need to submit that before applying

leanneg

Mar 8, 2016
cicong said:
So online status just updated this line on my wife's online profile.

"We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 25, 2015."

Are they seriously just updating this info NOW?!
I submitted mine March 2015 and 1st stage got approved in May. File was transferred to HK in June. Early Feb this year I got requested to do a 2nd body exam and additional doc request. Cicong i think we shared exactly the same timeline. Btw, my husband's sponsoring me.

One question for you is where did you see the above line. Did you sign in your UCI# and this got showed up on your wife's profile or did you sign in from your wife's number. Reason I'm asking is because this line doesn't show up from my husband's end but it shows up if I am logging in using my own number. And this was JUST updated two weeks ago.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
leanneg said:
I submitted mine March 2015 and 1st stage got approved in May. File was transferred to HK in June. Early Feb this year I got requested to do a 2nd body exam and additional doc request. Cicong i think we shared exactly the same timeline. Btw, my husband's sponsoring me.

One question for you is where did you see the above line. Did you sign in your UCI# and this got showed up on your wife's profile or did you sign in from your wife's number. Reason I'm asking is because this line doesn't show up from my husband's end but it shows up if I am logging in using my own number. And this was JUST updated two weeks ago.
Yea, it only shows up for the applicant, not the sponsor.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
benitaagogo said:
It could be a positive sign, when this line showed up on my ECAS, I got DM within a month after that (I think maybe two weeks-ish). Don't quote me on that but I think at least it shows they are working on your wife's case.
Fingers crossed that's the case with us ;D

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
doradetw said:
DM today!!! Received an email from HKVO. The e-mail ask to complete the following steps within 30 days.
STEP 1: Change in Circumstances
STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

I thought for Taiwan app will send out corp directly. Well anyways, I am going to send out the passport copy and photos to HKVO tomorrow

Hope everyone else will receive PPR/DM!!

Here is my timeline,
07/16/2015 Applied
08/16/2015 AOR
09/15/2015 App sent to HKVO
10/02/2015 Medical Request
10/15/2015 Medical Exame Received
03/07/2016 DM
Congratulations. Without our delay, we would perhaps be very close to your timeline...with the delays, perhaps a delay of 2-3 months. Oh well.

Just for reference, did you ever get a chance to order your GCMS notes? If yes, did it say when "Eligibility" was completed for your case? From this, I may get a clue as to when I should expect some progress. I asked through our MP about the status, and it was mid-February that we "supposedly" completed "Eligibility" and is on queue for security and background checks.

Also, did HKVO request new photos from you? Those with the updated requirements (photographer name, your name and DOB at the back)?

Thanks.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
leanneg said:
yeh, figure crossed that we will be exampt for interviews and move straight up to the final stage asap.
I could be wrong, but from what others have experienced, if interview is required, they would ask you to do that before they request a re-medical.

doradetw

Jan 29, 2016
cheng9999 said:
Congratulations. Without our delay, we would perhaps be very close to your timeline...with the delays, perhaps a delay of 2-3 months. Oh well.

Just for reference, did you ever get a chance to order your GCMS notes? If yes, did it say when "Eligibility" was completed for your case? From this, I may get a clue as to when I should expect some progress. I asked through our MP about the status, and it was mid-February that we "supposedly" completed "Eligibility" and is on queue for security and background checks.

Also, did HKVO request new photos from you? Those with the updated requirements (photographer name, your name and DOB at the back)?

Thanks.
Hi Cheng9999,

I did order one around Feb15, so I supose to receive one a week later. Will share with you later on to let you have more idea. They do request me to send in new photo. I think the e-mail I receive is the one we call "PPR". As Taiwan does not need Visa to enter Canada. I have found the main reason that I received the e-mail is for the new photos with new requirements. Coz those I sent in were totally in different size. I mailed in through EMS today. Don't know who long will it take to get my CORP. Ppl says that HKVO is processing case faster now. Some of Aug APP are approved. Yours is coming soon!!

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
doradetw said:
Hi Cheng9999,

I did order one around Feb15, so I supose to receive one a week later. Will share with you later on to let you have more idea. They do request me to send in new photo. I think the e-mail I receive is the one we call "PPR". As Taiwan does not need Visa to enter Canada. I have found the main reason that I received the e-mail is for the new photos with new requirements. Coz those I sent in were totally in different size. I mailed in through EMS today. Don't know who long will it take to get my CORP. Ppl says that HKVO is processing case faster now. Some of Aug APP are approved. Yours is coming soon!!
Thanks.

I'll probably ask my wife to take new photos and send them in...HKVO will ask anyway. You can finally plan your move now that things are settled...the visa will have expiry date which is the same as your medical report expiry date.

eric8069

Feb 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hfts said:
Hello everyone, after interview yesterday, I have received medical and police clearance request today by email.

Does anyone know if I need to obtain Canada police clearance for the time I spent in Canada previously ? Or just other countries?
No, you don't need for Canada. If they need they will request you. Check your letter they will inform you which countries they might be need. if you lived in other countries more than 6 months too.

hfts

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
I
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
9-03-2016(redo medical)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
18-05-2016
eric8069 said:
No, you don't need for Canada. If they need they will request you. Check your letter they will inform you which countries they might be need. if you lived in other countries more than 6 months too.
Thank you