+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

a.lolo

Oct 28, 2015
smile1212 said:
Hi all
it seems the processing time has taken longer for spouse sponsored application outside of Canada. I wonder if anyone similar to my application timeline has got any update.

my application was received on Dec 12, 2014,
my application has been transferred to HKVO since early March 2015,
I received a request to submit police certificate in Oct 2015,
I was asked to re-do medical check in Nov 2015,
ever since I have not got any further news, the application status is still 'In Process' when I check on CIC website.

I notice on CIC website the general information on processing time for spouse application outside of Canada has now increased to 17 months.

thanks
Wow I thought I was the last one standing as a Dec 2014 applicant. My timeline:

Application received on Dec 3 2014
Sponsor approved and application transferred to HK on March 6 2015
Got a request via email asking for final documents that have not been submitted as well as second medical if it's expired within 30 days... Also that my file has been transferred to the Consulate office in HK - Jan 13, 2016
My 2nd medical and police cert were delivered to the Consulate office in HK on Jan 25, 2016

Since then I haven't heard anything from them. Ordered notes last week and sent them 2 follow-up emails.

I am also worried about the new 17 month processing time frame...

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
a.lolo said:

Got a request via email asking for final documents that have not been submitted as well as second medical if it's expired within 30 days... Also that my file has been transferred to the Consulate office in HK - Jan 13, 2016
My 2nd medical and police cert were delivered to the Consulate office in HK on Jan 25, 2016

Since then I haven't heard anything from them. Ordered notes last week and sent them 2 follow-up emails.

This is absolutely ridiculous! Is this the first time you ordered your notes? I ordered mine for the 2nd time 2 weeks ago. When they come in and if I don't see my application being started yet, I will go after my MP until I receive a satisfactory response.

PS. I also received the request for 2nd medical and any outstanding paperwork, but in early Feb.

cutietal.

Aug 19, 2015
cicong said:
This is absolutely ridiculous! Is this the first time you ordered your notes? I ordered mine for the 2nd time 2 weeks ago. When they come in and if I don't see my application being started yet, I will go after my MP until I receive a satisfactory response.

PS. I also received the request for 2nd medical and any outstanding paperwork, but in early Feb.
a.lolo said:

I am Dec 2014 applicant too. ><
Similar timeline as a.lolo is.
I ordered note once back in November 2015 and nothing has been started.
I sent them everything as they requested: the re-do medical and police clearance which i dont need to do since i have been living in Canada since 17.
Im gonna order note again soon.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
cicong said:

I wonder, could it be those applications without kids accompanying will put into the lowest priority? Or people from certain regions are being process faster, for example if your spouse is born in HK then things are much more straight forward since majority of the documents are in English already such as birth certificate and marriage certificate etc. But again who knows?

a.lolo

Oct 28, 2015
cicong said:

I got my first notes in early January and it basically said they had not touched my file at all... even though I emailed to follow up multiple times last year. Since they have received my 2nd medical I am hoping there has been some updates so I order my notes for the 2nd time last week.

Not sure if the delay has anything to do with the fact that I'm in a common-law relationship and not married... no kids either. I've lived with my boyfriend (sponsor) for 4 years since we were still in university. I was on work permit for 3 years after I graduated and had to stop working when my work permit expired last year. Currently I'm in Toronto as a visitor waiting for my PR to come. Sigh

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
cutietal. said:
I am Dec 2014 applicant too. ><
Similar timeline as a.lolo is.
I ordered note once back in November 2015 and nothing has been started.
I sent them everything as they requested: the re-do medical and police clearance which i dont need to do since i have been living in Canada since 17.
Im gonna order note again soon.
Did they also request re-medical and paperwork update from u in Jan 2016?

eric8069

Feb 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a.lolo said:

Come and sign our petition. HK was 10 months and now 17 months: change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-change-processing-time-for-spousal-sponsorship-less-than-6-months

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
eric8069 said:
Come and sign our petition. HK was 10 months and now 17 months: change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-change-processing-time-for-spousal-sponsorship-less-than-6-months
Hate to say it, but that petition is poorly worded and full of grammatical mistakes - something that will not help the cause.

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
JYC said:
I wonder, could it be those applications without kids accompanying will put into the lowest priority? Or people from certain regions are being process faster, for example if your spouse is born in HK then things are much more straight forward since majority of the documents are in English already such as birth certificate and marriage certificate etc. But again who knows?
Yes, very likely, but not based on region, but based on whether they have kids or not. They could have split the apps into categories and have different people handling them separately.

eric8069

Feb 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cicong said:
Hate to say it, but that petition is poorly worded and full of grammatical mistakes - something that will not help the cause.
I didn't write it. however, I would be happy if you send them one, I just sign it. As I found the guy who write it and told me, that MP ask him to write very simple and clear. Any idea to help them?

eric8069

Feb 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cicong said:
Oh sorry I was sending you the wrong one. change.org/p/john-mccallum-justin-trudeau-canada-spousal-immigration-processing-times

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
eric8069 said:
Oh sorry I was sending you the wrong one. change.org/p/john-mccallum-justin-trudeau-canada-spousal-immigration-processing-times
Yes, I have signed that one already.

eric8069

Feb 26, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cicong said:
Yes, I have signed that one already.
Thank you and please share it, if you like. I hope, we can solve it. I am Canadian citizen. however, I had similar pain for my wife sponsoring last year, I wont give up these petitions until we see victory. Unfortunately, lots of applicant here, after they got their Visa, they just say good bye to everyone. 8)

cicong

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
eric8069 said:
Thank you and please share it, if you like. I hope, we can solve it. I am Canadian citizen. however, I had similar pain for my wife sponsoring last year, I wont give up these petitions until we see victory. Unfortunately, lots of applicant here, after they got their Visa, they just say good bye to everyone. 8)
Yes, I was born in Canada as well. The immigration process is ruining my life as both my wife and I are not getting younger, and we want to have kids soon and not be separated.