+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

hkmins

May 22, 2019
We got B2 on May 9 and BGC is still not started yet.
Hi everyone, I am new here.

I received B2 on May 9 too.
Online shows BGC is in processing and Final Decision is in progress.
What is that mean? Both in processing at the same time? Or BGC is already done and FD is in progress? How long it takes them to make FD?
Do you think can I still land in mid Jul?

Tang2019

Mar 8, 2019
Macao
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
22-03-2019
AOR Received.
25-04-2019
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
16-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
16-10-2019
Hi :)

I just got my COPR recently so would like to share my journey with you guys. I hope it helps and relieve any stress or anxiety anyone might have because I myself was in that position.

Application sent: June 7, 2018 (my application is for Outland Common-Law Spousal Sponsorship - Family Class)

Application received (Mississauga) : July 23, 2018

Medical check requested by Mississauga office : Dec 7, 2018

Application FINALLY linked to online account: Dec 8, 2018

Date I got the Medical Check: Dec 10, 2018

Medical check status change to passed: Dec 20, 2018

Application transferred to HKVO, request for passport photocopies, updated schedule A, updated family information and passport photos: Jan 2, 2019

Bulletin 1 received: Jan 23, 2019

Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union Form Request and any evidence of intention to move: Feb 8, 2019

BGC request: March 4, 2019 (I’m not sure when the BGC status changed but it was around this time)

Date I requested the BGC from Police: March 11, 2019

Pre-arrival letter: March 21, 2019

BGC sent and received by HKVO: March 24, 2019 (make sure to call the Police to make sure they have sent it)

Final Decision made: April 24, 2019

COPR received: April 26, 2019

Bulletin 2: May 1, 2019

I have been reading the most recent comments and it seems the order is different for everyone. You can ask me anything :)

Best of luck!

Kitty:)
Hihi,

Congrats!!

I saw from your post that you sibmitted the Police Cert in March. Did you send the Police Cert when you first send the application in June 2018. I asked this because I am a March 2019 applicant and I have to send the police cert withe application (actually my app got returned when I filed the first time in Jan due to the fact that my police cert expired).

hkmins

May 22, 2019
Hihi,

Congrats!!

I saw from your post that you sibmitted the Police Cert in March. Did you send the Police Cert when you first send the application in June 2018. I asked this because I am a March 2019 applicant and I have to send the police cert withe application (actually my app got returned when I filed the first time in Jan due to the fact that my police cert expired).
At that time, no need to submit police certificate unless they requested.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi everyone, I am new here.

I received B2 on May 9 too.
Online shows BGC is in processing and Final Decision is in progress.
What is that mean? Both in processing at the same time? Or BGC is already done and FD is in progress? How long it takes them to make FD?
Do you think can I still land in mid Jul?
It does not mean much. Your application is still in processing and that is about it. The total process takes about 12 months so you can estimate how much time left for your case.

hkmins

May 22, 2019
It does not mean much. Your application is still in processing and that is about it. The total process takes about 12 months so you can estimate how much time left for your case.
Yes, I know it takes about 12 months to process.

I sent my application by express in the beginning of Aug. They marked they received in Nov, not the date of stamp nor delivery date. So my application is only being processing for 6 months. I planned to move Canada in Jul. I am a bit of worry.

hkmins

May 22, 2019
How you know that your BGC is still not yet start?
Because this line "BGC is in processing" doesn't show on your account?

So they process step by step. If they are processing #7 step, it means #1-6 are completed. Am I right?

wsc

Sep 30, 2018
If anyone encounter with this case...
My family will be landed in toronto coming July. My spouse who is holding PR (first time enter) will be staying in toronto around 2 weeks, then back to HK for 1 month for some reasons... and return back to toronto after.. will it constitute problem on his PR status?
Thanks

hkmins

May 22, 2019
If anyone encounter with this case...
My family will be landed in toronto coming July. My spouse who is holding PR (first time enter) will be staying in toronto around 2 weeks, then back to HK for 1 month for some reasons... and return back to toronto after.. will it constitute problem on his PR status?
Thanks
How long will I have to wait before I receive my PR Card?
Generally, it takes about 45 days to process PR cards for new permanent

After landing in Canada, what if I need to return to my country to settle my affairs?
The PR card is also a travel document. You should generally wait until you have received your PR card before travelling. If you must travel, contact the IRCC call centre at 1-888-242-2100 for information on travel and documentation requirements.

Good luck

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Yes, I know it takes about 12 months to process.

I sent my application by express in the beginning of Aug. They marked they received in Nov, not the date of stamp nor delivery date. So my application is only being processing for 6 months. I planned to move Canada in Jul. I am a bit of worry.
This process can be stressful for everyone waiting.
I wouldn't make any plans until it's completed and you have passport stamped.
Some applications are simple and some are complicated. Never know what can happen to delay things.
Find something important to do ..... ' no news is good news ' .

Reactions: hkmins

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
How you know that your BGC is still not yet start?
Because this line "BGC is in processing" doesn't show on your account?

So they process step by step. If they are processing #7 step, it means #1-6 are completed. Am I right?
it says "Your application is in progress and we'll let you know once we start your background checking" and they did not let me know yet:(

hkmins

May 22, 2019
it says "Your application is in progress and we'll let you know once we start your background checking" and they did not let me know yet:(

Thanks. But I feel more confused.

My Application status showed more generic wording than yours
"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

But under Application step shows:
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am not even in background checking step? Or I am already in Final decision step? Can anyone help?

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Thanks. But I feel more confused.

My Application status showed more generic wording than yours
"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

But under Application step shows:
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am not even in background checking step? Or I am already in Final decision step? Can anyone help?
I think they told you what you need to know.

Don't think too much. It's moving forward.
My son would say ' Chill out ' .

BrizoAthena

Aug 18, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Doc's Request.
27-08-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
31-08-2018
My husband received pre-arrival letter today, how long would that takes for receiving the final PR letter?