+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

ranabibi33

Mar 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

PA received an email from HK VO to submit additional police certificates and schedule A along with a few other things by mail. He sent them in last week and it should have arrived at the office already. My question is: will we receive some sort of confirmation/ what's next? Thank you

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

PA received an email from HK VO to submit additional police certificates and schedule A along with a few other things by mail. He sent them in last week and it should have arrived at the office already. My question is: will we receive some sort of confirmation/ what's next? Thank you
No, you won't get any confirmation except courier's confirmation. Wait for further instructions on the next step.

ranabibi33

Mar 14, 2019
My app was transferred on March 20, 2019, but the background check was in process even before that. Not sure if it's just a glitch or if its actually being processed.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
My app was transferred on March 20, 2019, but the background check was in process even before that. Not sure if it's just a glitch or if its actually being processed.
No, it is not a glitch. Every case is different, someone got started early and some others got started late.

MB from Ott

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
- May 10th applicant
- HKVO PA Syrian passport
- Medical, elegibility and criminality passed
- Background started Jan 16 (well, that's when it said 'we are processing your background check').
- Pre-arrival Jan 23 - March 8th notes allude to security screening (5 activities redacted under 'activities' section in notes) s.15 (1) in top right corner of notes... Based on forum searching, I think that means ss is complete. Anyone have other experiences?
- Holding our breath until next Friday!! Goodluck to all!

Apr 24, 2019
Hi :)

I just got my COPR recently so would like to share my journey with you guys. I hope it helps and relieve any stress or anxiety anyone might have because I myself was in that position.

Application sent: June 7, 2018 (my application is for Outland Common-Law Spousal Sponsorship - Family Class)

Application received (Mississauga) : July 23, 2018

Medical check requested by Mississauga office : Dec 7, 2018

Application FINALLY linked to online account: Dec 8, 2018

Date I got the Medical Check: Dec 10, 2018

Medical check status change to passed: Dec 20, 2018

Application transferred to HKVO, request for passport photocopies, updated schedule A, updated family information and passport photos: Jan 2, 2019

Bulletin 1 received: Jan 23, 2019

Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union Form Request and any evidence of intention to move: Feb 8, 2019

BGC request: March 4, 2019 (I’m not sure when the BGC status changed but it was around this time)

Date I requested the BGC from Police: March 11, 2019

Pre-arrival letter: March 21, 2019

BGC sent and received by HKVO: March 24, 2019 (make sure to call the Police to make sure they have sent it)

Final Decision made: April 24, 2019

COPR received: April 26, 2019

Bulletin 2: May 1, 2019

I have been reading the most recent comments and it seems the order is different for everyone. You can ask me anything :)

Best of luck!

Kitty:)

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi :)

I just got my COPR recently so would like to share my journey with you guys. I hope it helps and relieve any stress or anxiety anyone might have because I myself was in that position.

Application sent: June 7, 2018 (my application is for Outland Common-Law Spousal Sponsorship - Family Class)

Application received (Mississauga) : July 23, 2018

Medical check requested by Mississauga office : Dec 7, 2018

Application FINALLY linked to online account: Dec 8, 2018

Date I got the Medical Check: Dec 10, 2018

Medical check status change to passed: Dec 20, 2018

Application transferred to HKVO, request for passport photocopies, updated schedule A, updated family information and passport photos: Jan 2, 2019

Bulletin 1 received: Jan 23, 2019

Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union Form Request and any evidence of intention to move: Feb 8, 2019

BGC request: March 4, 2019 (I’m not sure when the BGC status changed but it was around this time)

Date I requested the BGC from Police: March 11, 2019

Pre-arrival letter: March 21, 2019

BGC sent and received by HKVO: March 24, 2019 (make sure to call the Police to make sure they have sent it)

Final Decision made: April 24, 2019

COPR received: April 26, 2019

Bulletin 2: May 1, 2019

I have been reading the most recent comments and it seems the order is different for everyone. You can ask me anything :)

Best of luck!

Kitty:)
Congratulations! A long journey with happy ending!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
- May 10th applicant
- Background started Jan 16 (well, that's when it said 'we are processing your background check').
- Pre-arrival Jan 23 - March 8th notes allude to security screening (5 activities redacted under 'activities' section in notes) s.15 (1) in top right corner of notes... Based on forum searching, I think that means ss is complete. Anyone have other experiences?
Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: MB from Ott

Monie

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

Check out this link. Pg 29 regarding 5.27 Security screening of foreign nationals.

- May 10th applicant

Last edited: