+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hong Kong timeline

Sing rajgobal

Feb 26, 2018
And now more than one month keep waiting just After my interview GCKY chnage interview status (you completed your interview) im just upset next month my medical going to expire

Sing rajgobal

Feb 26, 2018
I finally received some news after aor2...Interview is scheduled for Feb. 21!

Here's my current timeline:

May 1 - Documents arrived at Mississauga
June 5 - Started working on application (sponsor)
June 6 - Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR1)
July 18 - Medical Request
July 20 - Approved as sponsor
July 23 - Medical Exam
July 31 - Passed Medical Exam (status updated on cic.gc.ca GCKEY)
Aug 3 - Notice of application transfer (to Hong Kong)
Aug 6 - AOR2
Jan 16 - Interview request
Hi are you done with your interview any update if you don't mind it pls I'm also waiting more than one month I'm done with my interview

wsc

Sep 30, 2018
Anyone experiencing after receiving email notifying case had been transferred to HK visa office, additional documents including police certificate were requested.

Additional document was sent while police cert was supposed to be sent by HK police. I have just got a mail from Sydney asked to submit police cert while GCkey updates that police cert is required with deadline.

Shall I need to reply HK visa office or Sydney? In fact I had adready submitted all to HK visa office.

Thanks

Sing rajgobal

Feb 26, 2018
After receiving Bulletin 1, is there still a chance that I might be requested for an interview?
Anyone experiencing after receiving email notifying case had been transferred to HK visa office, additional documents including police certificate were requested.

Additional document was sent while police cert was supposed to be sent by HK police. I have just got a mail from Sydney asked to submit police cert while GCkey updates that police cert is required with deadline.

Shall I need to reply HK visa office or Sydney? In fact I had adready submitted all to HK visa office.

Thanks
I'm also Applicant hong Kong almsot 10 month's now still waiting i also submit my police Clarence from hong Kong after submit my application i received email from cic about my police certificate after i went wan chai give my finger print and pay feec after 18 day's they send straghit to hk canada consulate they also give me deadline for submit under 4 week's so i ask when police officers wan chai how long have expire date this police Clarence when officer told me 1 month if you still live hk if you get police certificate and leave hk when until valid for you re entire hk so if you submitted already have long time ago and you're living still hk so when you have to apply again you can also call cic and make sure if you provide before

LCH

Aug 23, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Just got a good news for me that received the COPR 2 days ago. We are ready to fly.

Just add on to the timeline to all reference.

Hello everyone, Congrats to those received decision made PRs.

I would share my case and kinda unknown what to do next...

[Sponsor my wife] Self apply and submitted Application in late Oct 2017
1, Application received on Feb 1,2018
2, Request Medical Exam on Apr 16, 2018 and examined on Apr 19.
2.1, Passed the medical exam on Apr 20
3, Confirmed eligibility as a sponsor on Apr 25
4, Request Schedule A and Police Certificate on Jul 12, first time
4.1, Filled the Schedule A online and uploaded, but forget to transmit
5, Re-submit the Schedule A online via linked account and transmitted as well as uploaded the signed Schedule A form via IRCC web tools
6, Checked the Police department and confirmed to be sent the Police Cert on Aug 8
7, Received letter to inform the application is sent to HKVO today(Aug 23)
8. Request to show the settlement planning, including house hunting trip, job offering as well as the how you gonna settle in Canada on Nov 6
9. Received Pre-Arrival services invitation email on Jan 17
10. Check account and found application approved and decision made on Feb 8
11. Received postal of COPR letter on Feb 12

My application has little beyond 12 months promise of application process, but still good to go.

Thanks and best wishes to all applicants!

Reactions: tk0110

wsc

Sep 30, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Just got a good news for me that received the COPR 2 days ago. We are ready to fly.

Congrats!

I am in the stage which is similar to your No.4. Received email requesting to submit schedule A (in fact I had filled in and sent for the first time). I re-submitted again, I think they have updated their forms, they asked me to courier to HK visa office. But later I was again informed Schedule A again via notice in GCKEY too asking to upload the form.

Do you think both requests are from HK visa office? Do I need to tell them I had courier the original form already or upload again?

tk0110

Mar 13, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Congrats LCH, and thanks for sharing the timeline!! It definitely helps!!
We are on similar timeline and we just received the pre-arrival services invitation on Feb12, 2019.

May I know if you were requested for sending the passport to HKVO before you received the COPR?

Thank you. Wish you and your family have a wonderful life in Canada!

LCH

Aug 23, 2018
Congrats!

I am in the stage which is similar to your No.4. Received email requesting to submit schedule A (in fact I had filled in and sent for the first time). I re-submitted again, I think they have updated their forms, they asked me to courier to HK visa office. But later I was again informed Schedule A again via notice in GCKEY too asking to upload the form.

Do you think both requests are from HK visa office? Do I need to tell them I had courier the original form already or upload again?

Hi WSC
I think you should wait for their next action email. Their respond usually takes 2 weeks to reply your first email.

P.S. Making sure you have submitted, not just uploaded. I stupidly just uploaded the request forms without submit, so they asked me for 2nd time.

Best wish to you.

LCH

Aug 23, 2018
Congrats LCH, and thanks for sharing the timeline!! It definitely helps!!
We are on similar timeline and we just received the pre-arrival services invitation on Feb12, 2019.

May I know if you were requested for sending the passport to HKVO before you received the COPR?

Thank you. Wish you and your family have a wonderful life in Canada!

Hi.
Keep checking you postal, you will get the gift soon.

I was not asked for passport. It is only for the applicant who original country was not visa-exempt for travel to Canada.

Thanks and best wish to you.

Reactions: tk0110

dickdickmui

Apr 17, 2018
I am June18 outland applicant, I just received COPR today too.
I want to confirm for dependent information section, they haven’t listed our son who was Canadian already, is it normal?

MUZTY

Nov 13, 2018
Hi folks, i have scheduled for an interview in Hong Kong on April i am a little bit nervous because my case was straightforward so for those of you who had the interview can you share me what the officer asked in the interview into little bit detail
Thanks

MUZTY

Nov 13, 2018
Hey, we just received an email for an interview (April 8, 2019) .

Do they ask you:
Documents required for interview:
 Original passport and one secondary piece of Photo ID
 Any evidence not already on file that you wish to provide in support of your relationship

We are on the same boat i also received an email 11:35 AM on Wednesday
April 8th

jrsmith

Nov 2, 2015
Just to give an update...the interview went very well. My spouse put in a fair amount of effort to memorize different things about my life history & our time together which definitely helped. They also requested my divorce documents, I think they wanted to make sure I was validly divorced.

My spouse can now access pre-arrival services, & the background check is in progress!

Here's my current timeline:

May 1 - Documents arrived at Mississauga
June 5 - Started working on application (sponsor)
June 6 - Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR1)
July 18 - Medical Request
July 20 - Approved as sponsor
July 23 - Medical Exam
July 31 - Passed Medical Exam (status updated on cic.gc.ca GCKEY)
Aug 3 - Notice of application transfer (to Hong Kong)
Aug 6 - AOR2
Jan 16 - Interview request
Jan 21 - Interview (Hong Kong)
Jan 22 - Background check in progress & access to pre-arrival services