+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home child care provider pilot 2023

Saam_Nepal

Mar 6, 2015
Does the application open on Jan 1st of 2023? If yes, what time does it open? I was wondering because the website only says January 2023; hasn’t mentioned anything about the exact date and time.
They updated their page now. It says it will open Jan 1 at 9am EST

rocky777

Sep 29, 2017
@Saam_Nepal : Thanks for sharing the link.

It also mentions:

On January 1st, at 9 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST), you’ll be able to apply under the 2023 caps for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot.

You must apply online through the Permanent Residence Portal. When the caps reset, you’ll need to create a new application to be able to apply. You won’t be able to access any applications you started before Jan 1, 2023

If you already have an account, you won’t have access to any caregiver
applications you started before January 1, 2023 when the cap resets. You can only start a new application for the 2023 caps as of January 1, 2023.
We need to start a new Application at 9 am EST when the cap resets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saam_Nepal

Saam_Nepal

Mar 6, 2015
Can I pay the fees using my credit card (from Canada) for my sister in law’s application? She is applying from Nepal. If yes, can I pay fees before Jan 1st? It looks like we need to pay fees first, save the receipts and upload them in the portal before submitting the application. I am working on Jan 1st so was wondering if I could pay the fees on 31st and send the copy to my sister in law so she can upload when the application opens. Can anyone guide me if it is okay or should it have to be paid after application opens?

rocky777

Sep 29, 2017
Can I pay the fees using my credit card (from Canada) for my sister in law’s application? She is applying from Nepal. If yes, can I pay fees before Jan 1st? It looks like we need to pay fees first, save the receipts and upload them in the portal before submitting the application. I am working on Jan 1st so was wondering if I could pay the fees on 31st and send the copy to my sister in law so she can upload when the application opens. Can anyone guide me if it is okay or should it have to be paid after application opens?
Yes, you can pay the fees upfront.

Reactions: Saam_Nepal

karan1916

Star Member
Jul 18, 2005
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
1-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
June 2013
I am assuming yes p
I am a Canadian Citizen having 3 month baby, can I sponsor my mother under home care programme
Nothing stops you from sponsoring your family as long as they meet the required qualifications and work experience

karan1916

Star Member
Jul 18, 2005
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
1-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
June 2013
I wanted to start this discussion based on email that I received regarding the HCCP application I had started earlier. I wanted to be prepared to the extent that as soon as the application opens I will be ready to hit submit. But the email saying that all applications started and not submitted before dec 31, 2022 will expire.
Now it seems like on Jan 1, 2023 at 9 AM, some of us will be sitting down and filling up the forms to make it to 1500 cut off.
Lets share some strategies and see how we can speed up things.

I am not an immigration agent but was thinking how immigration agents will be handling multiple applications.
I also wanted to see what people are selecting in form IMM1295E for Work Permit Outside Canada, under details of intended work in Canada-What type of work permit are you applying for. I had selected Open Work Permit and not Exemption from LMIA. Let me know if that is correct.
I have my application complete, so if anyone has questions feel free and If I have any answers I can try to help, with a disclaimer obviously that I am not an expert. Another week to go so lets keep the comments coming

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a Canadian Citizen having 3 month baby, can I sponsor my mother under home care programme
Why not PGP and entering the lottery? Does your mother meet requirements with ECA and IELTS. Does she have caregiver experience? If not ready with IELTS and ECA, she would need to wait until 2024 to apply and then wait. Processing times are around 33 months. So your child will be about 4 years old. Also, the application will be highly scrutinized because she is your mother and you can apply through PGP. Assume you have the income to support a full time caregiver.

Mehrdad1364

Oct 1, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am gathering the documents for my family to submit a home child care in new year.
Do you know if applicants needs any explanation letter? Any sample?

Mehrdad1364

Oct 1, 2019
I wanted to start this discussion based on email that I received regarding the HCCP application I had started earlier. I wanted to be prepared to the extent that as soon as the application opens I will be ready to hit submit. But the email saying that all applications started and not submitted before dec 31, 2022 will expire.
Now it seems like on Jan 1, 2023 at 9 AM, some of us will be sitting down and filling up the forms to make it to 1500 cut off.
Lets share some strategies and see how we can speed up things.

I am not an immigration agent but was thinking how immigration agents will be handling multiple applications.
I also wanted to see what people are selecting in form IMM1295E for Work Permit Outside Canada, under details of intended work in Canada-What type of work permit are you applying for. I had selected Open Work Permit and not Exemption from LMIA. Let me know if that is correct.
I have my application complete, so if anyone has questions feel free and If I have any answers I can try to help, with a disclaimer obviously that I am not an expert. Another week to go so lets keep the comments coming
Did you prepare any explanation letter from the applicant? If yes any samples! Thank you!

karan1916

Star Member
Jul 18, 2005
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
1-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
June 2013
Did you prepare any explanation letter from the applicant? If yes any samples! Thank you!
I am the employer, and as an employer I have included the explanation letter. I did not follow a particular format but I tried to cover a few points.
- how my current child care needs are being met
- what is changing that I need to sponsor someone from out of canada
- why I need this specific person
- how will they meet my childcare needs
-why I can’t take care of my own child care needs.

Alkesh1995

Dec 26, 2022
Hello
My name is Alkesh currently I work in Israel as a care giver I have a 1 year Care giver experience in Israel in France family so if you interested so please connect me.

Saam_Nepal

Mar 6, 2015
Hi, I have a few questions. I would greatly appreciate your reply. Thanks in advance :) :)
1. What should I write as start date in the job offer letter? I don't know how long this gonna take. Is it okay if I put start date as Jan 1, 2024 or should I put later because the processing time is about 33 months?
2. Do need to attach any 'legislations' (re: vacation, notice of resignation, termination, etc) with the Job offer? If yes, what specifically should I attach? I live in Toronto. I know I also need to attach my NOA, my employment letter, my daughter's birth certificate with the job offer. Should I attach everything as a single pdf document and have the applicant (my sister-in-law) upload it in her portal?
3. Where do you guys planning to upload the 'proof of ability to work'? Like child care certificate, reference letter from employer, etc. My SIL says there is no document category to upload them in the portal. Should she upload them under others?
4. How about IELTS and WES report? Should she attach them with Schedule 19A (language and education) form and upload everything (completed form, IELTS, WES report, copy of her transcripts) as a single pdf document? or should she only upload the completed form and upload the IELTS and WES report separately? She said there is a document category for IELTS but none for WES report in the portal.
5. My nephew is now 2 years old; so we were thinking to include his Temporary residence application. But if the process takes more than 2 years, he will be more than 4 years by the time he is here. So we might need study permit?

intuitive

Jun 11, 2020
Hi
Hello
My name is Alkesh currently I work in Israel as a care giver I have a 1 year Care giver experience in Israel in France family so if you interested so please connect me.
here nobody will connect you to hire. You have to find employer who can sponsor you then you can submit your application with required documents via PR portal.