+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home child care provider pilot 2023

Godisgood4eva

Jun 12, 2014
I had the same issue too ,what i did was tp log out and log back in and it was ok again.I have successfully submitted my application
yes, that's what I did as well and then I compressed my files, was grateful I was able to submit! Good luck to everyone here, this chat has been helpful.

Saam_Nepal

Mar 6, 2015
I ended up putting start date as Jan 1, 2024. Also we applied for TRV not study permit for my nephew. Thanks for the reply. I hope it won’t make a huge difference.
1. What should I write as start date in the job offer letter? I don't know how long this gonna take. Is it okay if I put start date as Jan 1, 2024 or should I put later because the processing time is about 33 months? ASAP

2. Do need to attach any 'legislations' (re: vacation, notice of resignation, termination, etc) with the Job offer? If yes, what specifically should I attach? I live in Toronto. I know I also need to attach my NOA, my employment letter, my daughter's birth certificate with the job offer. Should I attach everything as a single pdf document and have the applicant (my sister-in-law) upload it in her portal? You need to submit all this information in the employement form, sign it and send it back to the person applying with their sign on it and uplaod.

3. Where do you guys planning to upload the 'proof of ability to work'? Like child care certificate, reference letter from employer, etc. My SIL says there is no document category to upload them in the portal. Should she upload them under others? There is a category to upload all of these documents and these are required for applying

4. How about IELTS and WES report? Should she attach them with Schedule 19A (language and education) form and upload everything (completed form, IELTS, WES report, copy of her transcripts) as a single pdf document? or should she only upload the completed form and upload the IELTS and WES report separately? She said there is a document category for IELTS but none for WES report in the portal. She need to scan and upload both the documents in PR portal

5. My nephew is now 2 years old; so we were thinking to include his Temporary residence application. But if the process takes more than 2 years, he will be more than 4 years by the time he is here. So we might need study permit? You will apply for study permit

Js2021

Jul 28, 2022
That was fast!! Already full! Good luck to us all who were able to successfully submit.

The online application cap has been reached for the Gaining experience category
We reached the cap for online applications for this pilot’s Gaining experience category on January 1st, 2023. This means the pilot is closed to new online applications for 2023. You won’t be able to start or submit an application for this category in our portal. Applications that weren’t submitted will expire after about 30 days.

Online applications for this category will reopen in 2024. You can also explore other immigration programs.

We’ll update you again when other caps have been reached.

Reactions: Godisgood4eva

Full_of_positivity

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hello. Goodluck to all who applied for HCCP. I would like to ask for your advice. Me and my husband are from Alberta and planning to hire my sister-in-law to take care of our first baby which is due on March 2023 and I was not able to prepare all the docs for Jan 1, 2023 but will try to prepare all the required and necessary docs for January2024. I have some questions and hoping if you can help us through the process... My husband already registered and got a Business Number, I asked my SIL to take IELTS and she will be doing the training for child care back home although she's been taking care of her 2kids and she's currently working as a child care support in the Philippines.
Questions:
1. As Employer, do we have to apply for LMIA?
2. How did you advertise the job? As we read the guide, it says to advertise the job for 3 months then after that we can apply for LMIA.???
3. My SIL will accompany my brother and 2 nephew (Age 13 and 3), Does she need to process for PR portal for her, Open work permit for my brother, Study Permit for my 13y/o nephew and Temporary Resident Visa for my 3 y/o nephew?
4. As Employer, do we have to pay for the plane ticket coming to Canada and Health Insurance for the Employee?

Thank you in advance. Happy 2023!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello. Goodluck to all who applied for HCCP. I would like to ask for your advice. Me and my husband are from Alberta and planning to hire my sister-in-law to take care of our first baby which is due on March 2023 and I was not able to prepare all the docs for Jan 1, 2023 but will try to prepare all the required and necessary docs for January2024. I have some questions and hoping if you can help us through the process... My husband already registered and got a Business Number, I asked my SIL to take IELTS and she will be doing the training for child care back home although she's been taking care of her 2kids and she's currently working as a child care support in the Philippines.
Questions:
1. As Employer, do we have to apply for LMIA?
2. How did you advertise the job? As we read the guide, it says to advertise the job for 3 months then after that we can apply for LMIA.???
3. My SIL will accompany my brother and 2 nephew (Age 13 and 3), Does she need to process for PR portal for her, Open work permit for my brother, Study Permit for my 13y/o nephew and Temporary Resident Visa for my 3 y/o nephew?
4. As Employer, do we have to pay for the plane ticket coming to Canada and Health Insurance for the Employee?

Thank you in advance. Happy 2023!
When it re-opens in 2024 she applies then so you have lots of time to prepare. You need to meet income requirements and want to show why you need a full time caregiver with the median age for your region. Your sister applies through the HCCP program. She is not accompanying your brother and nephews are accompanying her. Would apply for study permit for 3 year old since she will be applying next year and with about a 29 month processing time, he will be around 6 years old. May want to consider a work permit for 13 year old if you estimate he will have finished high school by the time processing is completed.

Believe IRCC changed the rules (link) so she is not eligible for a work permit. Only eligible through HCCP program. You can have a LMIA but can only be issued to someone already working or studying in Canada. Other can comment but there are several links.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/hiring-caregivers-overseas.html

Reactions: dahil1975

Full_of_positivity

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
When it re-opens in 2024 she applies then so you have lots of time to prepare. You need to meet income requirements and want to show why you need a full time caregiver with the median age for your region. Your sister applies through the HCCP program. She is not accompanying your brother and nephews are accompanying her. Would apply for study permit for 3 year old since she will be applying next year and with about a 29 month processing time, he will be around 6 years old. May want to consider a work permit for 13 year old if you estimate he will have finished high school by the time processing is completed.

Believe IRCC changed the rules (link) so she is not eligible for a work permit. Only eligible through HCCP program. You can have a LMIA but can only be issued to someone already working or studying in Canada. Other can comment but there are several links.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/hiring-caregivers-overseas.html
Oh thanks you are right, my brother and nephew are accompanying her. Will keep a note of the processing time and add a study permit for my 3year old and work permit for 13year old nephew.

So as employer, we don't need to apply for LMIA and we don't need to advertise the job if we are going to hire my sister-in-law through HCCP? Thank you again.

LilyE

Dec 22, 2022
Oh thanks you are right, my brother and nephew are accompanying her. Will keep a note of the processing time and add a study permit for my 3year old and work permit for 13year old nephew.

So as employer, we don't need to apply for LMIA and we don't need to advertise the job if we are going to hire my sister-in-law through HCCP? Thank you again.
For the HCCP, LMIA and job advertising are not needed. Just download the offer of employment form, fill it, sign and send to her to sign as well, Then she will upload it along with her other documents when submitting her application.

Reactions: Full_of_positivity

alfredbink

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021

The offer letter form IMM5983 changed in December. They want these questions answered:
https://ibb.co/NyK7Bs2

Given that daycare is going to be nearly free in next 6-months all over Canada, why would you want to pay a nanny?

Reactions: Naturgrl

LilyE

Dec 22, 2022
The offer letter form IMM5983 changed in December. They want these questions answered:
https://ibb.co/NyK7Bs2

Given that daycare is going to be nearly free in next 6-months all over Canada, why would you want to pay a nanny?
I haven’t seen the last 3 questions in your picture in the job offer form I downloaded. I just downloaded another one and it’s still not there. The first question about relationship to employee is the only one in the form. Are you sure those questions have been added to the form?

alfredbink

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
I haven’t seen the last 3 questions in your picture in the job offer form I downloaded. I just downloaded another one and it’s still not there. The first question about relationship to employee is the only one in the form. Are you sure those questions have been added to the form?
If you go to the forms & guides
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

It says the form was modified in Dec.

The form shows in some places on the site but not on others.

Js2021

Jul 28, 2022
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

I followed the link and downloaded the file. i don't see those questions on there, see below.

I also don't see this on the offer letter I filled out. I've tried clearing cache and used different browsers.