+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HKVO applicants: how about connecting here?

cyystef

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
I just realized that since we have so many HKVO cases here and possibly we all need CNCC, why don't we share our info here?

AOR:
Nov 24, 2020

Current status:
Eligibility passed
Criminality in progress
Security not started
Info sharing completed

elvaxiaobai

Jul 27, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
16-11-2019
i wish my case was in HKVO i applied one year ahead of you...

elvaxiaobai

Jul 27, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
16-11-2019
omg 2019 FSW-O AOR and still waiting for PPR?
yes and it's common for Nov/Dec 2019 applicants. When it should be our time to receive PPR, the global pandemic outbreak (March 2020). A few lucky peeps got PPR but most of us are still waiting.

It is truly not something to LOL at as many of us feel stagnant in our lives and we vent a lot in the group chat.

Having a bit of empathy towards other people will not do you anything bad. I think this is something that certain Asians need to learn as our education lacks it. (I am not talking about you I think you already know :)

HongKong_EE2020

Sep 1, 2020
yes and it's common for Nov/Dec 2019 applicants. When it should be our time to receive PPR, the global pandemic outbreak (March 2020). A few lucky peeps got PPR but most of us are still waiting.

It is truly not something to LOL at as many of us feel stagnant in our lives and we vent a lot in the group chat.

Having a bit of empathy towards other people will not do you anything bad. I think this is something that certain Asians need to learn as our education lacks it. (I am not talking about you I think you already know :)
you know i have come across some FSW-O applicants from HK with AOR Nov 2020 and they have already received their PPRs.

elvaxiaobai

Jul 27, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
16-11-2019
you know i have come across some FSW-O applicants from HK with AOR Nov 2020 and they have already received their PPRs.
**express entry** for them....i guess i should include you for the last sentence in my post...now i feel even worse

Last edited:

HongKong_EE2020

Sep 1, 2020
**express entry** for them....i guess i should include you for the last sentence in my post...now i feel even worse
well your case made me feel more pessimistic too and you are not the only "victim".. so there's no need to compare how worse is your case with others.
Though my AOR was in August 2020, I was just surprised IRCC was not handling their applications in line with the timeline

I once thought there were problems re my application but now i tend to believe FSW approvals are all by luck lol.

elvaxiaobai

Jul 27, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
16-11-2019
well your case made me feel more pessimistic too and you are not the only "victim".. so there's no need to compare how worse is your case with others.
Though my AOR was in August 2020, I was just surprised IRCC was not handling their applications in line with the timeline

I once thought there were problems re my application but now i tend to believe FSW approvals are all by luck lol.
did you get PPR?

no i think you can reword your previous post to make the less unfortunate people not that terrible about themselves

zac0999

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Beijing & New Jersey
Count me in. Details in my signature below...
Also a few other folks in our wechat group are having their cases processed by HKVO with eligibility passed which means HKVO is working at least...
Don't worry, everyone will get PPR eventually.

HongKong_EE2020

Sep 1, 2020
Count me in. Details in my signature below...
Also a few other folks in our wechat group are having their cases processed by HKVO with eligibility passed which means HKVO is working at least...
Don't worry, everyone will get PPR eventually.
my application is processed by Ottawa VO but hasnt been transferred to HKVO

HongKong_EE2020

Sep 1, 2020
did you get PPR?

no i think you can reword your previous post to make the less unfortunate people not that terrible about themselves
nope still waiting for PPR

my intention was just to provide another factual information to let everyone know the current progress
well if you found it offensive then i feel sorry for you

cyystef

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020

Hey, that 'LOL' from me was not intending to make you feel any worse about your application. I was also sorry to hear that you've been waiting for such a long time. The moment I saw your reply I was so 'what?!', but maybe my wording was not appropriate.

Everybody may have empathy. I don't think that relates to being Asian or not. Again, sorry, but if you don't take it, never mind. Wish you all the best in your case.

Reactions: HongKong_EE2020

elvaxiaobai

Jul 27, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
16-11-2019
i literally dont feel empathy from your wordings but hopefully that's not your intention (maybe you want to think about how to express so that the recipients do not misunderstand you). tbh Asian education does not stress on this part...so many people are not even aware of their own emotions not alone other people...I was very depressed for a few months due to the long waiting period. If you read my signature you may feel a tiny bit of it. Also it depends on the weight you put on this "option".

anyway back to biz

I am just curious why Aug 2020 applicant's case is in Ottawa while Nov/Dec 2020 ones moved to local VO before everything passed.

Usually when all stages passed the case moves to local VO for last step so I am wondering if Ottawa is reallocating resources to local VO so they can have capacity to deal with backlog cases. just my speculation...

zac0999

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Beijing & New Jersey
i literally dont feel empathy from your wordings but hopefully that's not your intention (maybe you want to think about how to express so that the recipients do not misunderstand you). tbh Asian education does not stress on this part...so many people are not even aware of their own emotions not alone other people...I was very depressed for a few months due to the long waiting period. If you read my signature you may feel a tiny bit of it. Also it depends on the weight you put on this "option".

anyway back to biz

I am just curious why Aug 2020 applicant's case is in Ottawa while Nov/Dec 2020 ones moved to local VO before everything passed.

Usually when all stages passed the case moves to local VO for last step so I am wondering if Ottawa is reallocating resources to local VO so they can have capacity to deal with backlog cases. just my speculation...
In my gcms notes, there's one note saying the file is transferred to hkvo from CIO due to workload redistribution and no one even checked my employment etc before the transfer. Guess by end of last year IRCC realized they cannot fulfill the kpi so they just dump everything to abroad VOs.
Sorry for the experience you have gone thru, it really sucks. And hopefully your ppr is on the way given the vaccination status Canada.

Reactions: elvaxiaobai