+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiv Positive applying for student visa

aio

Sep 25, 2022
Hello, about to lodge my application for study permit. I would like to ask po if need pa to provide details for being hiv positive or in what part ng imm1295 form? Under Background Information a.) TB history and b.) physical and mental disorder lang meron or it will be considered under physical disorder? Though I disclose it during my upfront medical and submit necessary documents. Thanks po!

Reactions: Lucky_59

aio

Sep 25, 2022
Kumusta na kayo mga kadugo? Kumusta ang application natin pa-Canada?
Have you submit your application na po ba? How is it going? I'm still waiting for the result of my sputum culture and 3rd xray then I'll lodge my application.

Alpha101

Jun 15, 2022
Throughout my application journey, I always, everyday & night pray to Jesus & God to guide me every step of the way. It’s all because of Him.

Helpful tips:
1. Upon medical, i disclosed to the doctor that I am an HIV positive & have been medicating since last year.
2. I requested a confirmatory result in my clinic as requested too by St. Lukes.
3. Im under agency, i never disclosed my health status regarding hiv to my agent/agency.
4. I never mentioned any details regarding my hiv status in my SOP either.
5. I already had my visa stampped last week. I havent received any further instruction, nor monitoring letter that i need to go to any clinic in Canada upon arrival.

-Already booked my flight this 2nd week of December btw. Thanks for this thread. Following this thread since March this year gives me great hope on my application because of those previously approved story here.

Fighting!

To anyone that got refused or still waiting on results or to those who will just lodge soon, keep the FAITH - Stronger. Seek God's help.

You can message me on my TG account @AyoAir
Please do re-message me on my TG. Sorry for not replying quickly. Got busy. But I am more than willing to help.

Reactions: Lucky_59

Godisgraciou

Feb 22, 2023
Please do re-message me on my TG. Sorry for not replying quickly. Got busy. But I am more than willing to help.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate for your respond, please I want to ask, TG account is what I don't really understand,
Is it Telegram or Twitter?

Alpha101

Jun 15, 2022
Hello, about to lodge my application for study permit. I would like to ask po if need pa to provide details for being hiv positive or in what part ng imm1295 form? Under Background Information a.) TB history and b.) physical and mental disorder lang meron or it will be considered under physical disorder? Though I disclose it during my upfront medical and submit necessary documents. Thanks po!
No need. Unless nag ka TB as complication

Reactions: aio

VladMark

Mar 3, 2023
Hi there.

I was diagnosed HIV+ in late 2015 and have been on treatment with tenofivir/lamivudine/efavirenz since then, with undetectable viral load as well as CD4 count above 500. I have been on a balance diet, working out frequently and keeping myself healthy despite my condition.

I too want to study in Canada for at least one year and afterwards obtain a PGWP to work one more year. However, I fear having my request denied. This is frustrating and gets me really down to think that had I not ever got infected my life would be a lot easier.

Please share your experiences. Have you managed to get a study permit in the same conditions?
Can I know what happened to your status? Did they grant you student visa after they know your PLHIV plus?
Cause I have the same case. Worried about the same. Please can anyone answer

VladMark

Mar 3, 2023
Hi, I am from the Philippines and planning to apply for student permit this year. Just want to check if there is anybody PLHIV here preferably from the Philippines who are able to secure Student Permit. Just want to share exchange information.
Hello dreamer.ph
I'm also applying for SP under One of Visa Processing in the Philippines. What is the procedure you've done. I wanted to know cause I'm on the same case. Worried about it. And I'm really eager to go Canada to study. Do I have to tell the consultancy/agency that I'm PLHIV? Or I have to disclose this only to the Dr. Once they done my medical? I'm under medication for 6 months now taking ARV Dolutegravir/Lamivudine/Tenofovir and got my results of VL under 34. CD4 test will be nxt month.
Please kindly help me what should I do. Or anyone have the same case can answer. Thank you so much.

aio

Sep 25, 2022
Hello dreamer.ph
I'm also applying for SP under One of Visa Processing in the Philippines. What is the procedure you've done. I wanted to know cause I'm on the same case. Worried about it. And I'm really eager to go Canada to study. Do I have to tell the consultancy/agency that I'm PLHIV? Or I have to disclose this only to the Dr. Once they done my medical? I'm under medication for 6 months now taking ARV Dolutegravir/Lamivudine/Tenofovir and got my results of VL under 34. CD4 test will be nxt month.
Please kindly help me what should I do. Or anyone have the same case can answer. Thank you so much.
I think not necessary to inform your agency but make sure to disclose your status on medical. Also prepare your documents like latest VL, CD4 count, confirmatory test and clinical abstract from your hub.

sunny_p

Mar 27, 2023
I completed my master in Canada and when I applied for my study visa that time in medical exam I discovered my HIV+ health issue. I am currently working in an reupdated company as Senior Manager in Canada. I started taking medicine after that. Right now I have CD4 around 870+ and undectable. I am taking Biktarvy that costs around 4500 CAD dollars/month. I am getting this medicine under province medical for free. I checked on CIC website per person medical expense are around 21000 CAD/year by government, but mine are around 50000 dollar/year. I am applying for my Permanent residency through express entry and my CRS score is around 510. I want to know that my medical expenses will make me medical inadmissible for PR or not?

sec990

May 19, 2019
In which immigration form I should tell about my HIV status?
in 1294 form there is a question :
do you have any physical or mental disorder that would require social and or health services other than medication during stay in Canada?
should I say No or Yes to answer this question? I am in a good condition. I only need ARVs.
I am from the country that doesn't need medical test for student visa(I'm sure about this). If I say No to this question will I have trouble in getting the ARVs in Canada or in the process of PR after my study ?
apart from this 1294 form is there an other form that I will be asked about my health in the process of visa?
please help.
Thanks a lot.

Hayms2023

Apr 4, 2023
Your brother and I are on the same boat. We have the same story. I only knew my status when I wanted to have an advance test regarding my status if I am still negative. Unfortunately, it turned out Reactive. Please give him his much needed support just like what my wife is doing. I hope we could connect with each other.
Hi sir, How are you? hows your application? Im his brother.

Hayms2023

Apr 4, 2023
Done with my medical in IOM Makati last week and I have some question po.

Is it IOM or IRCC po ba ang mag request ng additinal test/requirements incase there is discrepancy sa blood test result? - I'm concern about my syphilis test because prior to my medical I tested reactive (1:32 titer in RPR) and done with medication (doxycycline for 2 weeks). I also inform IOM about it and provide them medical certificate that I'm already done with the treatment from my hub and the prescription that I took. On the day of my medical they only inform about my urine test w/c is ok naman daw and additional test like hepa and sputum culture (8-9 weeks). Regarding my HIV case, I inform them that I'm reactive and under treatment, provide CD4 and VL. They only ask for a medical report from my doctor and submitted 3 days after. They did not inform about the blood test result if they need additional or confirmatory test. Please advise if anyone has the same situation. Thank you!
Hi sir, nagpa sputum culture test ka? ano ung 8-9 weeks? mandatory ba satin na mag sputum test, even though clear yung lungs at walang scars?

HIV_NotAStigma

May 26, 2022
Hello everyone my university has a policy that all students should get their personal medical insurance simultaneously with MSP so my question here is

1. Does MSp covers the atripla or not
2. Which private insurance in Canada covers the atripla

LORDE_85

Oct 7, 2022
Hi...I am just so happy to inform everyone that my application is already approved. Had my repeat xray last April 4, Medical Passed last April 5 and Approved last April 14...