+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiv Positive applying for student visa

Alpha101

Jun 15, 2022
Hi everyone.

My visa was approved last Nov. 18.

1st App:
-01 June 2022: Medical
-01 July 2022: Sputum Test (Results will be out 2 months after, then a repeat x-ray as initially required)
-25 July 2022: First application was lodged
-05 August 2022: Biometrics
-29 August 2022: St. Lukes emailed me that i don’t need to take an x-ray again
-01 September 2022: Sputum Test result was out and it is NEGATIVE (*St. Lukes will send my medical information to IRCC 10 days from this date)
-20 September 2022: Medical passed

Then..

-18 October 2022: Result was out. REFUSED. Ground is - "POV is not consistent with the details I have submitted."

I seek help for a stronger SOP. I contact Tenacity Writing Services. Highly recommended.

-07 November 2022: My class has already started. I do it online since it is allowed by IRCC till the end of this year.

-09 November 2022: Relodged

And finally..

-18 November 2022: Exactly a month since my refusal, my application was finally APPROVED!

Alpha101

Jun 15, 2022
Throughout my application journey, I always, everyday & night pray to Jesus & God to guide me every step of the way. It’s all because of Him.

Helpful tips:
1. Upon medical, i disclosed to the doctor that I am an HIV positive & have been medicating since last year.
2. I requested a confirmatory result in my clinic as requested too by St. Lukes.
3. Im under agency, i never disclosed my health status regarding hiv to my agent/agency.
4. I never mentioned any details regarding my hiv status in my SOP either.
5. I already had my visa stampped last week. I havent received any further instruction, nor monitoring letter that i need to go to any clinic in Canada upon arrival.

-Already booked my flight this 2nd week of December btw. Thanks for this thread. Following this thread since March this year gives me great hope on my application because of those previously approved story here.

Fighting!

To anyone that got refused or still waiting on results or to those who will just lodge soon, keep the FAITH - Stronger. Seek God's help.

You can message me on my TG account @AyoAir

Last edited:

Lifegoeson080296

Jun 24, 2022
Throughout my application journey, I always, everyday & night pray to Jesus & God to guide me every step of the way. It’s all because of Him.

Helpful tips:
1. Upon medical, i disclosed to the doctor that I am an HIV positive & have been medicating since last year.
2. I requested a confirmatory result in my clinic as requested too by St. Lukes.
3. Im under agency, i never disclosed my health status regarding hiv to my agent/agency.
5. I already had my visa stampped last week. I havent received any further instruction, nor monitoring letter that i need to go to any clinic in Canada upon arrival.

-Already booked my flight this 2nd week of December btw. Thanks for this thread. Following this thread since March this year gives me great hope on my application because of those previously approved story here.

Fighting!

To anyone that got refused or still waiting on results or to those who will just lodge soon, keep the FAITH - Stronger. Seek God's help.

You can message me on my WeChat account. WeChat ID: CoolerG
Do you have twitter?

luckystar33

Nov 4, 2022

Helpful tips:

Fighting!

You can message me on my WeChat account. WeChat ID: CoolerG
Hi can you messagecme in wechat i cant search your account thank you.

Account: wilkins123

LORDE_85

Oct 7, 2022
Hi everyone.

My visa was approved last Nov. 18.

1st App:
-01 June 2022: Medical
-01 July 2022: Sputum Test (Results will be out 2 months after, then a repeat x-ray as initially required)
-25 July 2022: First application was lodged
-05 August 2022: Biometrics
-29 August 2022: St. Lukes emailed me that i don’t need to take an x-ray again
-01 September 2022: Sputum Test result was out and it is NEGATIVE (*St. Lukes will send my medical information to IRCC 10 days from this date)
-20 September 2022: Medical passed

Then..

-18 October 2022: Result was out. REFUSED. Ground is - "POV is not consistent with the details I have submitted."

I seek help for a stronger SOP. I contact Tenacity Writing Services. Highly recommended.

-07 November 2022: My class has already started. I do it online since it is allowed by IRCC till the end of this year.

-09 November 2022: Relodged

And finally..

-18 November 2022: Exactly a month since my refusal, my application was finally APPROVED!

Congratulations!!! Please share with us your SOP.

HIV_NotAStigma

May 26, 2022

Helpful tips:

Fighting!

You can message me on my TG account @AyoAir
I really need your help.. I am also an HIV positive with viral load undetectable and CD4 count around 735 I have been on my ARVS treatment since 2017 I had also upfrontly disclosed regarding my HIV Status my Medical was also cleared but:

My visa was refused on the grounds of Unconsistent stay because the choice of course was bad. As I am a finance employee but opted for Human Resourse Management.

I am planning to relodge the file with MBA degree in Funance so that it would show progression in Career

My question is-

I am really skeptical whether or not o should mention that “I have a medical condition for which I have to take medicine which my family will be couriering me”??

Should I mention this or not ?

HIV_NotAStigma

May 26, 2022
Hello! I'm also from the Philippines. Planning to apply for January 2024 intake. I have a PLHIV friend who's in Canada already and he told me that he did not indicate in his SOP(Statement of Purpose) his status coz SOPs are meant for your studies but you have to put in the forms, tell the doctors during your medical and be transparent about your status. That's what he told me. I don't know with others.
Hi did you mention about it in the SOP and have you got your student Visa? I am also very stressed whether or not to include it in the SOP as mine is reapplying case and my medical is already approved so I will be applying into another university should I disclose that my medicine will be couriered by my brother from my home country?

Alpha101

Jun 15, 2022
I really need your help.. I am also an HIV positive with viral load undetectable and CD4 count around 735 I have been on my ARVS treatment since 2017 I had also upfrontly disclosed regarding my HIV Status my Medical was also cleared but:

My visa was refused on the grounds of Unconsistent stay because the choice of course was bad. As I am a finance employee but opted for Human Resourse Management.

I am planning to relodge the file with MBA degree in Funance so that it would show progression in Career

My question is-

I am really skeptical whether or not o should mention that “I have a medical condition for which I have to take medicine which my family will be couriering me”??

Should I mention this or not ?
I think there's no need. Just strengthen your SOP. I advise you consult with Tenacity Writing Services.