+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiv Positive applying for student visa

Lifegoeson080296

Jun 24, 2022
Yes. I will try to be as responsive as possible all throughout my visa processing.
I've realized also my biometrics is going to be 1year this coming december. Im afraid that my application has been paus
Yes. I will try to be as responsive as possible all throughout my visa processing.
I've realized my biometrics is going to be 1year this coming december. Im afraid that my application has been stop there is no resulty yet and 5 months of silence

seed12345

Oct 13, 2022
Hello everyone. I'm sorry for not being able to follow up on this. I would like to let you know that my visa application got approved. My medical was completed after my sputum test result came out negative. I also got clearance from St Lukes infectious disease doctor and signed some form that they had to send to Immigration (which is already part of the SOP for PLHIV). My visa was just released this week, I'm supposed to fly to Canada this May but because of personal matters I will be taking my first term online while in the Philippines and will just fly by the end of term in August. If you have any questions feel free to reply. I will be happy to help you with anything you'd like to know about this.

Best of luck to everyone and don't let this hinder you from achieving greater things in life.
Hello I am just wondering what did they ask you for medical? My brother will have his medical next year because we just found out that he is positive. He started taking meds. They gave him 2 meds and 1 vit.. the doc says that his cd4 is not that low and his lungs is healthy so he's taking meds for tb for 6 months then after that just 1 meds.. i dont know the name sorry.. i am still processing everything... like this happened after he decided to apply for sp so I am a worried about him. Thank you for your reply.

LORDE_85

Oct 7, 2022
Hello...Did anyone of you here who undergo IGRA Test? How many days will the result come. SLEC (Saint Luke's) informed me that the result will be received by my referring clinic (NHSI).

Last edited:

LORDE_85

Oct 7, 2022
Hello I am just wondering what did they ask you for medical? My brother will have his medical next year because we just found out that he is positive. He started taking meds. They gave him 2 meds and 1 vit.. the doc says that his cd4 is not that low and his lungs is healthy so he's taking meds for tb for 6 months then after that just 1 meds.. i dont know the name sorry.. i am still processing everything... like this happened after he decided to apply for sp so I am a worried about him. Thank you for your reply.
Your brother and I are on the same boat. We have the same story. I only knew my status when I wanted to have an advance test regarding my status if I am still negative. Unfortunately, it turned out Reactive. Please give him his much needed support just like what my wife is doing. I hope we could connect with each other.

Reactions: Hayms2023

aio

Sep 25, 2022
Hello! I'm also from the Philippines. Planning to apply for January 2024 intake. I have a PLHIV friend who's in Canada already and he told me that he did not indicate in his SOP(Statement of Purpose) his status coz SOPs are meant for your studies but you have to put in the forms, tell the doctors during your medical and be transparent about your status. That's what he told me. I don't know with others.
Hello! Thanks for sharing those info po. How’s your application? Approved ka na po ba? Saang province po kayo nag apply? Hope we can connect po.