+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiv Positive applying for student visa

Gol_q120

May 22, 2023
Hello guys i need your assistance about immigarating to canada, i am about to start the processing, i would like to move with my family , one wife and one kid, the issue now is that my wife is hiv positive but me and my daughter are negative, i would like to known if to proceed with the application or there will be an issue because my wife is positive( she is ready to take tests and declare her status, we are also to move to toronto because of the school there. i will look forward to your response

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys i need your assistance about immigarating to canada, i am about to start the processing, i would like to move with my family , one wife and one kid, the issue now is that my wife is hiv positive but me and my daughter are negative, i would like to known if to proceed with the application or there will be an issue because my wife is positive( she is ready to take tests and declare her status, we are also to move to toronto because of the school there. i will look forward to your response
Should not be an issue. She will need to pass medical and show her HIV is under control. What are you applying for to immigrate?

Gol_q120

May 22, 2023
Should not be an issue. She will need to pass medical and show her HIV is under control. What are you applying for to immigrate?
Yes her hiv is under control , we are planning to go to canada through study , and she will be dependant, is there acess to her medication in toronto? Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes her hiv is under control , we are planning to go to canada through study , and she will be dependant, is there acess to her medication in toronto? Thanks
She pays for her medication out of pocket. Finding a family doctor will be an issue but she can go to a walk in clinic.

Gol_q120

May 22, 2023
She pays for her medication out of pocket. Finding a family doctor will be an issue but she can go to a walk in clinic.
Thank you for your response, because of acess to her medication, i am thinking of getting visa with school in toronto , and look for another school in Bc. What are your thoughts please

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response, because of acess to her medication, i am thinking of getting visa with school in toronto , and look for another school in Bc. What are your thoughts please
Why does she need a different province to access medication? You cannot just change schools if you have a study permit for a school in Toronto. If you never study at school in TO, you need a new study permit for BC school. If a dependant, her visa is not guaranteed.

Reactions: Chasechs

Partnerlove

Jun 7, 2023
Hello guys
I am from india ahmedabad
I am in canada I came on study permit
I completed my studies and I am also hiv patient
Everything is good here
Dont worry you will get a visa try to apply

Reactions: Lucky_59

Independent

Jun 22, 2023
Good day please, I did upfront medicals and I found out that I am HIV positive. What should I do ?
I intend submitting my study application this week to a school in Toronto. Please help me

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Good day please, I did upfront medicals and I found out that I am HIV positive. What should I do ?
I intend submitting my study application this week to a school in Toronto. Please help me
Wait for IRCC correspondence. It would ask you to go for medical furtherance and the further will depend on that outcome. Is it active or dormant?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I don’t know yet, I only got diagnosed yesterday. Please do I still have any chances of getting a study permit ?
Look don't panic.
Consult your medical panel whether its active or dormant?
For dormant I surely know that you have to do sputum for 3 days and another xray after 3 months. Both this and the 3rd month xray are compared if no change found your medical will pass otherwise you will be referred for medical surveillance.
I am pretty sure you are not taking medications so it seems like dormant? But still check with your doc.
You have the chances if not active HIV is detected, in worse cases you will be asked to take on treatment before you enter Canada.

Independent

Jun 22, 2023
I was told to go and start medication in my hospital then a letter will be sent to the doctor to fill up. Not sure I understand all this but I’m excessively worried

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I was told to go and start medication in my hospital then a letter will be sent to the doctor to fill up. Not sure I understand all this but I’m excessively worried
Who told you so??
If its IRCC go ahead as the letter will be sent once you have attended the meeting that you are compling with IRCC 's instructions. Then once completion of treatment IRCC will be sent a confirmation that you have completed it and you are good to go ahead in case of medical.