+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiring consultant and profile access

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Wolverine17 said:
What are the usual process of updates,i mean for example i will know if i recieved ita from here for example acc to the cut off scores but what else is needed
If you will use the consultant who says they won't give you access to your profile (because they are using the consultant version of MyCIC where they manage multiple clients), then it is solely up to your consultant to provide all those updates to you: ITA, document checklist, document requests, passport request, rejection.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
bellaluna said:
If you will use the consultant who says they won't give you access to your profile (because they are using the consultant version of MyCIC where they manage multiple clients), then it is solely up to your consultant to provide all those updates to you: ITA, document checklist, document requests, passport request, rejection.
Is it a big deal or not from your own experience,i am yet to decide which route i will take

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
Wolverine17 said:
Is it a big deal or not from your own experience,i am yet to decide which route i will take
Not having access to your profile is not a huge deal, imo. You are reliant on your representative to keep you up to date with the progress of your application so it really depends on how much you trust them.

In the normal course of events, Express Entry doesn't need a representative unless you have special circumstances ( previous criminal convictions, unusual family circumstances, previous rejections etc..). The process is very straight forward for most applicants.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
devnill said:
Not having access to your profile is not a huge deal, imo. You are reliant on your representative to keep you up to date with the progress of your application so it really depends on how much you trust them.

In the normal course of events, Express Entry doesn't need a representative unless you have special circumstances ( previous criminal convictions, unusual family circumstances, previous rejections etc..). The process is very straight forward for most applicants.
A lot advised that already and am always doing my work its just that am afraid to get rejected due to any mistake in uploading my documents as i have seen it happen to some guys here

Laini

Sep 4, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
A lot advised that already and am always doing my work its just that am afraid to get rejected due to any mistake in uploading my documents as i have seen it happen to some guys here
I had similar feeling with you. So I advised as posted, You can do it yourself and take your consultant as someone answer your questions.
But it's up to you to evaluate which way could ease your tense and concerns.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Laini said:
I had similar feeling with you. So I advised as posted, You can do it yourself and take your consultant as someone answer your questions.
But it's up to you to evaluate which way could ease your tense and concerns.
Yes if i will do so will have to trust them completely and maybe always be in touch with the consultant,am still weighing the advantages vs the disadvantages

Laini

Sep 4, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
Yes if i will do so will have to trust them completely and maybe always be in touch with the consultant,am still weighing the advantages vs the disadvantages
As I mentioned, in my case, I search from Internet, check through this helpful forum and send message ask seniors in this forum when I have questions.
But if some questions are specific to my own situation or I need to double confirm, or I need to ask someone check my documents or ask very detailed question - similar with you, maybe same question need to be considered again and again from different aspects, I ask my "consultant". By doing this way, I can fully understand the process, had different answers, compare them, evaluate them, then decide what I should do.
That means I no need to completely trust my paid consultant (I will compare the answer from her and from Internet and this forum seniros), and no need to always in touch with her (I can always check on Internet and this forum posts and seniors). Just ask her when necessary.

I hope this helps.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Laini said:
As I mentioned, in my case, I search from Internet, check through this helpful forum and send message ask seniors in this forum when I have questions.
But if some questions are specific to my own situation or I need to double confirm, or I need to ask someone check my documents or ask very detailed question - similar with you, maybe same question need to be considered again and again from different aspects, I ask my "consultant". By doing this way, I can fully understand the process, had different answers, compare them, evaluate them, then decide what I should do.
That means I no need to completely trust my paid consultant (I will compare the answer from her and from Internet and this forum seniros), and no need to always in touch with her (I can always check on Internet and this forum posts and seniors). Just ask her when necessary.

I hope this helps.
That was my plan untill they refused to grant me access when i create my ee profile,thats why now am trying to see what will i do

Laini

Sep 4, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
That was my plan untill they refused to grant me access when i create my ee profile,thats why now am trying to see what will i do
Sir/Madam,

Excuse me but I didn't understand that if you create your EE profile, why you need to others "grant" you access?
If you create your EE account, you will own the login information and security questions and answers, you don't need anyone "grant" access. Is it?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Laini said:
Sir/Madam,

Excuse me but I didn't understand that if you create your EE profile, why you need to others "grant" you access?
If you create your EE account, you will own the login information and security questions and answers, you don't need anyone "grant" access. Is it?
Consultants have a special MyCIC access where they can manage multiple clients, so they are not at liberty to share the login information with their clients. OP already gave a downpayment to a consultant, so they are debating if they should continue with the consultant or DIY.

Wolverine17 said:
It really depends on the person, so I can't speak for you.

I wouldn't mind not having access if the consultant does a good job keeping me in the loop.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Laini said:
Sir/Madam,

The consultant is the one to create the express entry profile and thus i wont have access untill they provide me with the log in details

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
bellaluna said:
Consultants have a special MyCIC access where they can manage multiple clients, so they are not at liberty to share the login information with their clients. OP already gave a downpayment to a consultant, so they are debating if they should continue with the consultant or DIY.

It really depends on the person, so I can't speak for you.

I wouldn't mind not having access if the consultant does a good job keeping me in the loop.
Exactly you got it all correct ,have to decide which route to take thats why am looking for feedback from you guys,dont want to do something that will regret later

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Wolverine17 said:
Exactly you got it all correct ,have to decide which route to take thats why am looking for feedback from you guys,dont want to do something that will regret later
Let me try to make the decision simple for you:
If
1. money is not an issue for you, AND
2. the consultant is registered with ICCRC, AND
2. you want an immigration professional guiding you, AND
3. you don't mind not having access to your profile:
proceed with the consultant.

But if you don't meet all those conditions at the same time, just do it yourself.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
bellaluna said:
Let me try to make the decision simple for you:
If
1. money is not an issue for you, AND
2. the consultant is registered with ICCRC, AND
2. you want an immigration professional guiding you, AND
3. you don't mind not having access to your profile:
proceed with the consultant.

But if you don't meet all those conditions at the same time, just do it yourself.
Money is not a major issue but would be better if i can save it,not being able to access my profile is the main thing here but let me phrase it in another way,is it hard to go on by my own self,are there any tricks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
Money is not a major issue but would be better if i can save it,not being able to access my profile is the main thing here but let me phrase it in another way,is it hard to go on by my own self,are there any tricks
As mentioned earlier, if your case is straightforward and you have the time, there are no tricks; you can do it on your own. I am doing it on my own and many others too.