+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hiring consultant and profile access

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
bellaluna said:
If you know how to register and post on this forum, then you know how to create an Express Entry profile. It's basically an online questionnaire.

Read and follow these steps and links: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html

If 3 persons = you + spouse + child, then it's $550 + $550 + $150 for the application fees, then $490 + $490 for the RPRF (waived for underage dependents).
Thanks,so that means that the consultant will be taking an extra 1500 dollars from me keeping in mind what i already paid

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
Hey guys am hiring a consultant and actually paid part of the money a while ago before discovering this forum,so my question is if the consultant is trusted is it ok to go on with him since i paid already part of the fees plus is it ok not to be able to access my profile,anyone having experience with that?is it a big deal that they are the ones in control or not?
My personal opinion, unless your case is complicated, there is no need for a consultant or immigration lawyer, provided you can spend time and research on your own, follow up on things and push yourself throughout the process.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Stanlee said:
My personal opinion, unless your case is complicated, there is no need for a consultant or immigration lawyer, provided you can spend time and research on your own, follow up on things and push yourself throughout the process.
Seems thats what am going to do but will
Ask you for your personal opinion ,if what is left for the lawyer will be around 1500 us dollars will you still choose to go on your own?

Laini

Sep 4, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
Ask you for your personal opinion ,if what is left for the lawyer will be around 1500 us dollars will you still choose to go on your own?
I would like to share my opinion and situation. If as you mentioned, "money is not the main issue", and you didn't think your lawyer is 100% reliable, you may do it yourself but consider your paid lawyer as someone you ask complicate questions or the questions others will not answer you. And check your documents, and etc. That means to me a real "consultant".

I had similar experience. I paid some people, but I treat them as the role I mentioned above.
All the application forms and actions I do them myself, the process I investigate myself, but sometimes I would like to double confirm, triple confirm, and want to get immediate response, or I may have some "weird questions" and want some advice on revising my document, I ask people I paid.

In my post, a friend in this form called this "time investment". Coz while I investigate the process, I took long time to search from internet, to understand all documents and definitions and go through this forum, it is really helpful but takes time, too.
For example, when I prepare my post-ITA application documents, I made a full list, and sent to consultant, just simply asked: do you think that's enough?
The consultant replied: YES, but only BIO page of passport and stamped page is needed, not necessary to upload your full passport.
Then what I filtered from his reply is: "YES". That means my materials are enough, then it's OK. Although he mentioned it requires only BIO page and stamped page, I still uploaded my full passport, coz I see from this forum people got rejection because of missing it. (Sure, nobody can verify it is true or not the person mentioned "he got rejection because of not submitting full passport)

So it depends on in your opinion, whether the $1500 is worth or not, and your lawyer could meet your "requirement" or not. For example, you want to get immediate response, he/she meets it, you want ask "weird questions", he/she can answer, etc.

like Mr./Miss. Mallikaasharmaa mentioned, it's your call now :)

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Stanlee said:
Pretty much the case with me, I hired a agent to do stuff on my behalf because at that point in time firstly I had less or absolutely no time to do things on my own and also because our case is a little complicated. However I am not blindly following them and do my own homework, research wherever it needs and accordingly talk it out to the agent if necessary. It really depends on ones situation.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Laini said:
I would like to share my opinion and situation. If as you mentioned, "money is not the main issue", and you didn't think your lawyer is 100% reliable, you may do it yourself but consider your paid lawyer as someone you ask complicate questions or the questions others will not answer you. And check your documents, and etc. That means to me a real "consultant".

I had similar experience. I paid some people, but I treat them as the role I mentioned above.
All the application forms and actions I do them myself, the process I investigate myself, but sometimes I would like to double confirm, triple confirm, and want to get immediate response, or I may have some "weird questions" and want some advice on revising my document, I ask people I paid.

In my post, a friend in this form called this "time investment". Coz while I investigate the process, I took long time to search from internet, to understand all documents and definitions and go through this forum, it is really helpful but takes time, too.
For example, when I prepare my post-ITA application documents, I made a full list, and sent to consultant, just simply asked: do you think that's enough?
The consultant replied: YES, but only BIO page of passport and stamped page is needed, not necessary to upload your full passport.
Then what I filtered from his reply is: "YES". That means my materials are enough, then it's OK. Although he mentioned it requires only BIO page and stamped page, I still uploaded my full passport, coz I see from this forum people got rejection because of missing it. (Sure, nobody can verify it is true or not the person mentioned "he got rejection because of not submitting full passport)

So it depends on in your opinion, whether the $1500 is worth or not, and your lawyer could meet your "requirement" or not. For example, you want to get immediate response, he/she meets it, you want ask "weird questions", he/she can answer, etc.

like Mr./Miss. Mallikaasharmaa mentioned, it's your call now :)
Did you have access to your profile?

Laini

Sep 4, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
Did you have access to your profile?
Sure, as I mentioned, "All the application forms and actions I do them myself, the process I investigate myself"
One time I asked my consultant check my profile, after that I changed my password.

In my case, consultant is defined as the person answer my question and check my document if I ask her or give me advice or news. But not the person take any action on behalf of me.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
Yes.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Laini said:
Sure, as I mentioned, "All the application forms and actions I do them myself, the process I investigate myself"
One time I asked my consultant check my profile, after that I changed my password.

In my case, consultant is defined as the person answer my question and check my document if I ask her or give me advice or news. But not the person take any action on behalf of me.
My concern here is that they wont let me have access over my profile

Laini

Sep 4, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
My concern here is that they wont let me have access over my profile
If you create account yourself, how your lawyer can control your profile access privilege

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
I contacted my consultant but they said i cant be granted access to my profile,was wondering guys why do you usually access your profile and what are the benefits and drawbacks of not being able to

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Wolverine17 said:
I contacted my consultant but they said i cant be granted access to my profile,was wondering guys why do you usually access your profile and what are the benefits and drawbacks of not being able to
Am asking this because if its not needed down the road or wont make a big difference to me i might just go on with my consultant since i already paid a downpayment .

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Wolverine17 said:
Am asking this because if its not needed down the road or wont make a big difference to me i might just go on with my consultant since i already paid a downpayment .
Benefit of DIY: You have complete control and can check any time you want to.

It's really up to you, if you want your own access, go DIY.

But if you think your consultant is dependable and can update you ASAP as soon as there's any new update on your profile, you can proceed with your consultant.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
bellaluna said:
Benefit of DIY: You have complete control and can check any time you want to.

It's really up to you, if you want your own access, go DIY.

But if you think your consultant is dependable and can update you ASAP as soon as there's any new update on your profile, you can proceed with your consultant.
What are the usual process of updates,i mean for example i will know if i recieved ita from here for example acc to the cut off scores but what else is needed