+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis B and Canada Immigration

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
means if im planning for sept.2020 will it is possible to go in september orr it will go to jan 2020 .....if i will b fine than i will passed or nt ? orr not fine then ill will b refused or they keep under observation?
I can’t comment without knowing your exact situation and medical history. There will be delays no matter what given covid.

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi everyone,
I would like to share my experience regarding Hepatitis B decease and immigration to
Canada. First of all I succeed medical examination and received visas past week.
I have Hepatitis B for 15 years, received treatment and my physical condition is good
and stable. Although, I worried a lot about my chances to pass medical exams and to
immigrate to Canada.
I searched the web and found almost no information or someone's experience.
What I found, was an official guide on CIC site instructing the med. personal regarding
decision workflow and tests / documents required. From this document
(*** .cic.gc.ca/ english/ department/partner/pp/pdf/IMEI_Hepatitis.pdf), I learned
that Hepatitis B doesn't lead to med. exams failure automatically, but each case
examined specifically.
Following the guide, I prepared for the day of medical examination following documents
and test results (according to my test results you can judge your condition relative to
mine):
Hepatitis B Surface Ag : POSITIVE,Hepatitis B Core IgM: NEGATIVE,ALT (GPT): 38
U/l,,Hepatitis B PCR: HBV DNA not detected

Couple of weeks after I received visas together with my family. No additional test were
requested. Med. admissibility code in my visa is the same as for my wife and kids,
which are completely healthy.

Hope the information above was useful,
Good luck to you.
@fozzy620 thanks for sharing your experiences. Best wishes for your health and life in Canada.
I just wanted to ask if you have the PDF and would be able to send it to my email at thementorofall@gmail.com?
I tried accessing the link you provided but it appears that they may have taken down the page or PDF.

Thanks again.

Faith_in_him

Jun 17, 2020
My brother is candidate as a worker In canada but his HBsAg Reactive. Is there a chance for him to pass the medical exam? Someone? Please!

Rock star

Jun 22, 2020
Hello.... My wife's hepatitis B is positive... But viras DNA is zero from 3-4 years... Is there any chance to get PR of Canada... Or it will create issue in medical... Waiting for your reply..

Reactions: Nana Twum

Nana Twum

Oct 13, 2018
Hello.... My wife's hepatitis B is positive... But viras DNA is zero from 3-4 years... Is there any chance to get PR of Canada... Or it will create issue in medical... Waiting for your reply..
Hello Rock Star,
Testing positive for hepatitis B does not mean you or your wife will automatically be refused entry to Canada. The medical panel will do their own test and assess your wife's situation. She's likely to pass the medical test if she will not be a risk to the general public (spreading it in Canada) or the treatment will not escalate out of hand (needing intensive medical care including but not limited to liver transplant).

So, this is not the end. If you never try, you will never know.
My advice is, you have to try and hope for the best!

Nana Twum

Oct 13, 2018
Health grounds

• 38 (1) A foreign national is inadmissible on health grounds if their health condition
    • (a) is likely to be a danger to public health;
    • (b) is likely to be a danger to public safety; or
    • (c) might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services.
  • Marginal note: Exception
    (2) Paragraph (1)(c) does not apply in the case of a foreign national who
    • (a) has been determined to be a member of the family class and to be the spouse, common-law partner or child of a sponsor within the meaning of the regulations;
    • (b) has applied for a permanent resident visa as a Convention refugee or a person in similar circumstances;
    • (c) is a protected person; or
    • (d) is, where prescribed by the regulations, the spouse, common-law partner, child or other family member of a foreign national referred to in any of paragraphs (a) to (c).
Source: https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/page-9.html#docCont

sankarv247

May 5, 2017
Hello guys,

I just want to ask if I need to declare my HCV positive in medical history or not.

While applying for a study visa they tested me for HCV and turned positive and submitted additional details and it was fine( Panel physician website has info saying they test for HCV)

I was tested positive for antibodies but the viral infection was negative. Consulted doctor and he said no treatment is required.

I DON'T HAVE ANY TATTOOS

So, I booked for medicals next month. The official website(Panel physician website) stated that the blood test is done only for HIV and Syphilis.

Do I need to declare my HCV? If I hide if and if doctor submits will CiC have my old medical records? Will, there be any problem

I was tested for positive antibodies and not for VIRUS. So, I was never sick/ill.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys,

I just want to ask if I need to declare my HCV positive in medical history or not.

While applying for a study visa they tested me for HCV and turned positive and submitted additional details and it was fine( Panel physician website has info saying they test for HCV)

I was tested positive for antibodies but the viral infection was negative. Consulted doctor and he said no treatment is required.

I DON'T HAVE ANY TATTOOS

So, I booked for medicals next month. The official website(Panel physician website) stated that the blood test is done only for HIV and Syphilis.

Do I need to declare my HCV? If I hide if and if doctor submits will CiC have my old medical records? Will, there be any problem

I was tested for positive antibodies and not for VIRUS. So, I was never sick/ill.
Yes you do have to declare. Yes previous medicals will be compared by the CIC so your misrepresentation will be caught.

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
Hello,

Just want to know your point of view on my health profile for the immigration. I'm Hepatitis B positive. My AgHBe is negative as per last test. Recently I requested a medical report from my doctor and he mentioned in the report that it's a chronic disease since 2013 and points below:

• ALAT: 45
• ASAT: 30
• Phosphoremie: 31.5
• HBs-Ag: positif
• HBs-Ag: 8312
• HBe-Ag: Negatif
• Anti HBe: Positif
• ADN VHB: indetectable
• Fibroscan: 4.3 Kpa
• Ultrasound: perfect. No problem with the liver
• Urea: 0.2
• Creatinine: 12.7
• Under treatment (Tenofovir costing around 12$ CAD per month but in Canada it costs 155$ per month as per link below)
• Blood check every 6 months.
Some advices and if possible exemple will be more than welcome. Thanks

http://formulary.drugplan.ehealthsask.ca/SearchFormulary/BG/623052

Gb_

Jun 16, 2020
Hello,

Just want to know your point of view on my health profile for the immigration. I'm Hepatitis B positive. My AgHBe is negative as per last test. Recently I requested a medical report from my doctor and he mentioned in the report that it's a chronic disease since 2013 and points below:

• ALAT: 45
• ASAT: 30
• Phosphoremie: 31.5
• HBs-Ag: positif
• HBs-Ag: 8312
• HBe-Ag: Negatif
• Anti HBe: Positif
• ADN VHB: indetectable
• Fibroscan: 4.3 Kpa
• Ultrasound: perfect. No problem with the liver
• Urea: 0.2
• Creatinine: 12.7
• Under treatment (Tenofovir costing around 12$ CAD per month but in Canada it costs 155$ per month as per link below)
• Blood check every 6 months.
Some advices and if possible exemple will be more than welcome. Thanks

http://formulary.drugplan.ehealthsask.ca/SearchFormulary/BG/623052
Dont worry..They usually approve hep b carriers.

Joyce_go

Nov 29, 2020
Hi, everyone,
I'm Hepatitis B positive,
• ALAT: 20
• ASAT: 23
• HBs-Ag: positive / 34720
• HBe-Ag: positive
• Anti HBe: negative
• DNA: 3.4* 10^7
• Fibroscan: 4.7Kpa
• Ultrasound: No problem with the liver
In our country, the doctor said I haven't to be treatment since ALAT & ASAT is are normal.
Please advise if my health profile will be approved to immigrate? Thank you.