+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis B and Canada Immigration

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hep B and Hep C approvals can’t really be compared. Most hep B patients that need treatment are asked to seek treatment in their home country before being approved.

The article I attached actually talks about access to the treatment in Canada so I am not sure what you are talking about when you mention that even citizens don’t have access to treatment.
I am sorry if I confused you. I didn't mean that there is no access. Absolutely, there is access to treatment for everybody. What I meant is that the treatment is not covered by our health care even for citizens. Which means that it has to be paid by a patient or through various social programs and/or benefit providers.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am sorry if I confused you. I didn't mean that there is no access. Absolutely, there is access to treatment for everybody. What I meant is that the treatment is not covered by our health care even for citizens. Which means that it has to be paid by a patient or through various social programs and/or benefit providers.
Not sure what you think social program or drug programs for patients that spend a large portion of their income on Rx drugs are. They are all government funded, The cost of treatment will be considered irregardless if you can prove that you are being offered a job where the benefit program covers the treatment (which all don’t). People lose their jobs or benefit programs refuse to cover thing so the cost of care will be examined as if you don’t have any private insurance.

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Not sure what you think social program or drug programs for patients that spend a large portion of their income on Rx drugs are. They are all government funded, The cost of treatment will be considered irregardless if you can prove that you are being offered a job where the benefit program covers the treatment (which all don’t). People lose their jobs or benefit programs refuse to cover thing so the cost of care will be examined as if you don’t have any private insurance.
Ok thank you.

DANIEL1031

Sep 9, 2013
Just to update I don’t have hep b anymore, hbsag is non reactive normal
Alt level and virus not detected just got

dylan-hermes

Feb 11, 2020
if a person is reactive to hoatitis b but they're not ill or even sick , it is possible to have a work in Canada as a hotelier?

Randybraro

Feb 11, 2020
im a hepa b carrier since 2014,Now im candidate for quebec canada as truck mechanic..last january of this year i was self request to san antonio diagnostic extract my blood to test again for hepa b screening and suddenly the result is still reactive.im so much disappointed and my dreams are ruin to work in canada..until now im hopeless.but i always pray and believe in god that he makes a way for my dream.Im waiting for my medical at saint lukes medical cntre while waiting for advice from canadian embassy once my LMIA processing was done..im hoping it should be fine even im doubtful because i know my self im reactive in hepa that may affect to refusal for my visa...

thank u and i hope you give me a useful information and advice..
so can i have chance to work in canada and approve my visa even im reactive in hep@ b?

Tanish Narwal

Sep 11, 2019
You can not lie to the panel physician and must disclose all medical issues. They are likely going to do a hep B test. It also can be a safety issue.
what are the chances of getting visa ....most probably im in inactive state im nt consuming any medicine

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what are the chances of getting visa ....most probably im in inactive state im nt consuming any medicine
If the viral load is minimal and no issues with your liver your chances are good. Even if you have active disease you are asked to get treatment and then you will be reassessed.

Tanish Narwal

Sep 11, 2019
If the viral load is minimal and no issues with your liver your chances are good. Even if you have active disease you are asked to get treatment and then you will be reassessed.
due to this my one intake will miss i guess?? im so tensed will they allow me or nt

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
due to this my one intake will miss i guess?? im so tensed will they allow me or nt
Not sure what you mean by one intake. I have no idea your whole profile but you have to reveal your hep b status and they will likely test for it. Unless you have a chronic infection that has caused liver damage you should be fine.

Tanish Narwal

Sep 11, 2019
Not sure what you mean by one intake. I have no idea your whole profile but you have to reveal your hep b status and they will likely test for it. Unless you have a chronic infection that has caused liver damage you should be fine.
means if im planning for sept.2020 will it is possible to go in september orr it will go to jan 2020 .....if i will b fine than i will passed or nt ? orr not fine then ill will b refused or they keep under observation?