+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis B and Canada Immigration

smiley04

Sep 23, 2018
Look around the forum there are many.

Thanks again canuck78..

I'll just wait for my lab test result in st.lukes this coming sept.27,,
I'll be able to know if my viral dna is still low and if may alt/sgpt are w/n range..

I hope and pray that i will be given a chance to get a visa...

Many thanks....

smiley04

Sep 23, 2018
Hi tigerph...

I just want to ask during medical since i will declare that im a hepa b chronic carrier , what are test needed are they also going to ask also for liver ultrasound even i had a low dna viral and my sglg/alt are w/n range?

Im worried because my ultrasound result findings is that i had a mild patchy fatty liver..

Ty

Janbakhsh

May 9, 2019
Hi All
We are waiting for our interview and medical examination, but i have just found that my father who is almost 80 years old has got HBsAg positive and HDV negative, the doctors do not advise for treatment, due to low quantity of virus( 4,27*10^3)
doctor says now he is inactive state. if so will he pass medical examination or not?
waiting for your nice comments to

Srikrish230

May 29, 2019
Hello All,

I just want to make it clear to everyone that having Hepatitis B will not create any problem for the medical exam. Hepatitis B is not contagious hence, no problem to public safety. I don't think hepatitis B carriers treatment costs more than 20k dollars in any possible case so no burden to Canada govt.
Please don't be panic, many doctors in Canada told me that there are many people with hepatitis B are happily immigrating and living happily here.
Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Reactions: Alicia Belle

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

I just want to make it clear to everyone that having Hepatitis B will not create any problem for the medical exam. Hepatitis B is not contagious hence, no problem to public safety. I don't think hepatitis B carriers treatment costs more than 20k dollars in any possible case so no burden to Canada govt.
Please don't be panic, many doctors in Canada told me that there are many people with hepatitis B are happily immigrating and living happily here.
Hope this helps.

Thanks!
That is not 100% true. If you don’t have an active form of the disease and are just a carrier you will be fine. If you have advanced disease and need a transplant you won’t be fine. Every case is individual. Some cases will be required to do treatment in their home country before being able to clear their medical. Hepatitis B is contagious just not the inactive form.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All
We are waiting for our interview and medical examination, but i have just found that my father who is almost 80 years old has got HBsAg positive and HDV negative, the doctors do not advise for treatment, due to low quantity of virus( 4,27*10^3)
doctor says now he is inactive state. if so will he pass medical examination or not?
waiting for your nice comments to
He should be fine then although his complete medical will be considered.

Lily Nguyen

Jun 24, 2019
Hi,

I have a tested for HVB and result is:
ALT: 30.1
HBeAg: 139.5
HBV PCR viral load: 41.450.000 IU/ml
my liver is not damage.
And the doctor recommends for treatment. (I have seen another doctor and he said that no treatment in my case.)

Now, i confuse what should I do, should I eat the pills? Could I pass the visa while I am getting the treatment.
Could you give me any advise for my case?

Last edited:

stacey09

Sep 20, 2015
I found out on 25th September 2016 that I am a carrier of the hepatitis B virus. I am from Atlanta in United state of America and was on a scholarship studying in Canada when I found out through medical test to extent my visa. The university asked me to go back home for treatment. Now I am at home and the doctor says my liver is affected and viral load is high and am at risk, so I require medication and stated there is no cure or medication. I and my family was so devastated by this news. I hope I can get back to my studies as the scholarship gave me 12 months to get better. And I was hoping that one day there will be a cure for this disease. But God send this healer to me a Dr from health med lab Clinic who i was directed to by a family friend, the Dr deliver the medicine to me and with guideline on how to use it after a period of 2 Months i went for test i was totally negative, please my advice is for you to contact him if you are passing through this today here is their private email address healthmedlab@gmail.com and p can bet you or promise you with the life of my mother's grave that you will never be disappointed and i assure you 100% cure if you are suffering from this deadly and dreaded disease called hepatitis B.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I found out on 25th September 2016 that I am a carrier of the hepatitis B virus. I am from Atlanta in United state of America and was on a scholarship studying in Canada when I found out through medical test to extent my visa. The university asked me to go back home for treatment. Now I am at home and the doctor says my liver is affected and viral load is high and am at risk, so I require medication and stated there is no cure or medication. I and my family was so devastated by this news. I hope I can get back to my studies as the scholarship gave me 12 months to get better. And I was hoping that one day there will be a cure for this disease. But God send this healer to me a Dr from health med lab Clinic who i was directed to by a family friend, the Dr deliver the medicine to me and with guideline on how to use it after a period of 2 Months i went for test i was totally negative, please my advice is for you to contact him if you are passing through this today here is their private email address healthmedlab@gmail.com and p can bet you or promise you with the life of my mother's grave that you will never be disappointed and i assure you 100% cure if you are suffering from this deadly and dreaded disease called hepatitis B.
I would have your blood tested again. Standard treatment length is much longer than 2 months. You also still should test positive. The virus will remain in your body.

Flowerview

May 12, 2017
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Did you have Chronic Hepatitis B? Did your Hbsag turn negative after the treatment or is it the HBeag which is negative now? Can you please share the name of the medication you were taking?

As far as I know people who have Chronic Hepatitis B with very low viral load there is no need for treatment and the Hbsag antigen will remain positive throughout life.

Reactions: dsgn and canuck78

Flowerview

May 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

I would like to share my experience regarding medicals. The good news is that I cleared my medicals and for all those who have Chronic Hepatitis B and looking to immigrate to Canada, please don't lose hope. You will surely clear the medicals, if your virus is inactive.

I was Chronic Hepatitis B with Hbeag negative and viral load less than 30. I prepared for the medicals as I upfrontly did my DNA test and liver function test and also took my Gastro doctors letter which stated that I am Chronic Hepatitis B carrier with non replicating virus and there is no need for treatment. Though it was not a test listed by CIC in my country, however in the declaration, I had to declare wether I had Hepatitis b. So I decided to declare the truth and I told the panel physician about my case which was detected in 2007 and provided her with all my medical reports. She then submitted my medical reports and my doctor's letter to CIC. She mentioned in the report that my liver function test reports are normal and the virus is not detected in my blood. Exactly after two week of medicals CIC approved my case they did not ask for any other tests.

Thanks to all for your advise and support.

Kam10

May 9, 2019
Hi guys I have a question please

I am the main applicant, my wife had heptaits C 5 years ago. She had cured but now her antibodies for Viurs C is positive but her PCR test is negative namely under 16. All other liver tests are good and showing no negative effect. What are your advices for preparing for medical exam?

Is it better to make test in advance antibodies+ PCR + liver tests and bring report from her doctor that she is okay and the Viurs is inactive and had no negative effect? Or do not mention the diseas history? But because she has tattoo, the doctor will ask for Viurs c and b antibodies. For sure C antibodies will be shown positive in the test result. Can I know what is the procedure the doctor will take in the 2 cases and your advices?

Thank you in advance
Hi,
Will you please tell me if your wife passed the medical exam as my brother had hepatitis c but got the treatment 6 months ago and it was all clear now in medical they checked and asked for additional tests. We are so worried. Thank you

sunoo

Oct 23, 2019
Hi,

I am planning to take canada PR, but I am Hep B positive, Due to this , I am worried about my medical exams, So any way to take upfront medical check up for PR process, before submitting the application.

sunoo

Oct 23, 2019
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your story,
My case is also the same, I am hepB positive and it had detected on last year, So Can u advise what all actions I have to do, when I am going for canada PR medical check up. My husband and baby is normal, They dont have this issue

Your reply is appreciable. Thank you